PDA

View Full Version : Mooreman!

GingerP
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Just nailed his first punt, 41-yarder downed on the 6 yard line. Washed up, though, right?

Edit: I'm an idiot, I ****ed up his name in the title.

YardRat
10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Great kick.

BillsFever21
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Here we go with this as expected. We will be getting posts with every decent punt/game he has for at least the next couple weeks.

I'm not saying it was the right or wrong decision but there is no sense in following his every movement. This happens with many players after they leave Buffalo.

Powell looked pretty good for his first NFL game last week. He had a couple punts inside the 10 and boomed one that went out of bounds at the 25 yard line without any return. Will have to see how it plays out.

DraftBoy
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
With every punt you better believe he's saying "**** you DeHaven"

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Another stupid decision by the idiots in the front office. OBD should fire themselves.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Not our problem anymore.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Here we go with this as expected. We will be getting posts with every decent punt/game he has for at least the next couple weeks.

I'm not saying it was the right or wrong decision but there is no sense in following his every movement. This happens with many players after they leave Buffalo.

Powell looked pretty good for his first NFL game last week. He had a couple punts inside the 10 and boomed one that went out of bounds at the 25 yard line without any return. Will have to see how it plays out.

Powell did do a good job and probably works out. I'm not really upset at the Bills for replacing him with a young guy they like, although the timing was screwed up. They should have done it after camp rather than wait three weeks.

I posted this more to the people who were trashing the guy as soon as he was cut. The guy was a great punter for a decade and people are trashing him. I bet he plays well for Dallas.

GingerP
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
His 2nd one was another great directional punt, downed at the 6. It is nice to see him do well.

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Another great punt by Moorman. I guarantee you the veterans on the team did not like the letting go of Moorman. Not a smart decision in my opinion.

coastal
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Why did we cut the best player we've had in the past decade again?

oh... And he just nailed another coffin corner kick.

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Why did we cut the best player we've had in the past decade again?

oh... And he just nailed another coffin corner kick.

What do you care?

Marvelous
10-01-2012, 08:24 PM
The 1st punt by Dallas is how I found out we cut Moorman. One of my families favorite players.
-I just assumed Moorman got hurt this week and the kid who was lighting it up was still around etc.
--I did notice as did my whole house that he had lost a step but he is still special and should have retired a BB!
---this leaves just Kelsay and McGee as our homegrown(drafted) vets.
-I ESP like our draftees that have been with us for a long time. Oh, and add George Wilson to that list too. Although he pissed me off on that deep GRONK pass.
Man this sucks about Moorman. Wife and I are all depressed now :(

lightningbolt444
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
He is a punter. God the Bills are sad when we get this upset over a punter.

THRILLHO
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I would love to be more upset about losing Moorman right now. But not having him had nothing to do with us giving up 52 points yesterday. Good for the Cowboys.

Typ0
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Seriously we cut our best player??????

Generalissimus Gibby
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Meh he's just washed up, beginner's luck. He won't be any good any more. He's like Pat Williams, no big loss too old (end sarcasm). Who the **** is running this organization? Daffy Duck?

Mike
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Not our problem anymore.

What do you mean not our problem anymore? If this new Bills punter sucks, its will be just that, our problem.

Mouldsie
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Powell had a good game. Moorman wasnt getting it done here. He needed a fire lit under his ass it appears.

BLeonard
10-01-2012, 10:36 PM
There's a lot of things to blame the Bills (and more specifically, the Front Office) for in the past 13 years, but, as much as I like Moorman, this isn't a move I disagree with.

First, Moorman is 36 years old and in the last year of his contract. To re-sign him after this season is probably a short term solution and might even hurt your chances of re-signing Byrd or Levitre, becuase Moorman's contract would certainly cost more than Powell's.

Second, there were other teams out there that were looking for a Punter. If you don't make the move when they did, you risk losing the kid to another team and, when Moorman's done, you have to start from square one. Releasing Moorman and signing Powell now likely fills your punter position for another decade.

The only question I have is, if they were gonna do this, why not just do it in camp? If you're gonna make the move, do it so that the kid can start on day one... He'd have a month's experience in the NFL now, as opposed to a week's worth.

-Bill

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Are we really still defending the old punter?

Meathead
10-02-2012, 05:40 AM
i think the corn fed sawdust whiskey making sister boning hayseed they replaced him with is going to be a punting legend in bflo

Meathead
10-02-2012, 05:44 AM
now lets see if the hive mind expresses any extreme outrage over my overtly racist depiction of the white boy

Dozerdog
10-02-2012, 06:10 AM
The Cowboys are utilizing Moorman the same way the Bills did the last decade.

Get an exceptional punter and then proceed to throw 5 interceptions.

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Ok Moorman was getting old and this kid was one of the best punters in college. The Bills were worried they would lose him at some point this season to a team needing a punter... like Dallas, so they made a tough choice.

Sure Moorman is going to have a few good punts this year but this kid is young and has a big leg which helps in Buffalo.

coastal
10-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Considering he's been our best player for the past decade... Yeah.

Maybe Kelsay needs another multi-million $ extension?

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 07:29 AM
To be fair there is rumored to be more to this situation than the Bills simply cutting ties (and Im not talking that horrible rumore about illness). Nothing out there that anybody can confirm, but I dont think this was just the Bills saying ok you're done.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Most idiotic thread evah.

EDS
10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Agents around the league are sure to make a note of the Bills tactics. Will definitely help with recruiting free agents.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Agents around the league are sure to make a note of the Bills tactics. Will definitely help with recruiting free agents.
What tactics? You mean tactics like sending the guy off with a full year's salary?

The last buffalo fan
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not and will not ever trash Moorman, I really like the guy, but I have a question. Please tell me where is easier to punt/kick, in the Dallas stadium or at the Ralph W?

Jan Reimers
10-02-2012, 11:32 AM

To the death. We are, after all, Bills' fans. We can never let a player go without talking about him for the rest of his career.

Lone Stranger
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
We have had an historical problem with depth. We can pick up a kid who can be with us for 10 years. A no-brainer. I agree this should have been done at the beginning of the season. I also agree we can free up $ to help sign a few of our decent players long-term(hopefully).

YardRat
10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
To be fair there is rumored to be more to this situation than the Bills simply cutting ties (and Im not talking that horrible rumore about illness). Nothing out there that anybody can confirm, but I dont think this was just the Bills saying ok you're done.

I'm assuming you're referring to his alleged lack of a relationship with DeHaven.

I certainly won't argue with anybody that from a youth and current ability standpoint the move may have been an upgrade, but when you release a guy like that in the middle of the season don't think for a second that it doesn't have an affect on the rest of the team. If he was set up, even worse.

YardRat
10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
i think the corn fed sawdust whiskey making sister boning hayseed they replaced him with is going to be a punting legend in bflo

now lets see if the hive mind expresses any extreme outrage over my overtly racist depiction of the white boy

You left out inbred cracker pencil dick. That omission may be the reason for the lack of responses.

DynaPaul
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I thought the Moorman cut was a crappy deal but I'm more pissed that we paid $100 million to a guy who has been pedestrian at best.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought the Moorman cut was a crappy deal but I'm more pissed that we paid $100 million to a guy who has been pedestrian at best.
I don't understand all this hand wringing over Moorman. The Bills treated him quite well and nudged him on his way out with full salary.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-03-2012, 06:06 AM
To the death. We are, after all, Bills' fans. We can never let a player go without talking about him for the rest of his career.

I guess I wasn't thinking. I forgot we are going to have to read every good punt he has on another team with the phrase close "thought he was washed up."