• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Ralph's ownership eliminated our ability to win

The Bills are not going to get better while Ralph is the owner, he didn't hire a good enough crew to manage the team. It's sorta of like going to the old "Your Host" restaurant, you walked in and knew that this isn't the Ritz, especially with those horrible drapes that had 30 years of food stains. This team is run by a 3rd class / underpaid outfit without the ability to form a cognitive plan, nor will they ever attract a real guy like Polian to run the team. Ralph needed to be the bigger man & sure showed Polian who is charge, it got the Colts on a decade long playoff run with a championship. We got a bag of burning dog-s()it left on our door, see Ralph's in charge.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Ralph's ownership eliminated our ability to win

He is incapable of finding and paying for a real front office and coaching staff. It all starts up top and after all these years it's hard to find a respectable person who even wants the job when they have better opportunities.

There's a reason why teams like the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc have been good for years even though players come and go. They have good owners who hire good people to run the ship. You can have the best boat in the world but if you don't have a captain that can drive it then you're a sinking ship that will be yelling "mayday" and calling for the coast guard.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

The issue is that there is no accountability in the front office. You think heads rolled yesterday? Did Ralph light into the coaching staff after the game? If I'm paying a player $100 million and he's performing like Mario, I'm getting in his face. Seriously doubt there is any accountability in Buffalo
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

There's only one number that Ralph, or anyone in the Front Office really cares about and it isn't 52-28...

It's 70,684... The paid attendance.

As long as there is an ass every 18 inches (or at least a ticket bought to put an ass every 18 inches) the Front Office is celebrating a victory.

You'll notice that they had absolutely no issue with letting Patriots' Owner Bob Kraft walk right down on our field and accept an award, did they? Try doing that in MetLife Stadium or Philly...

That sort of stuff just goes to show that the only thing that the Front Office cares about is the almighty dollar. They don't care if they get it from Bills fans, Patriots fans, or hell, even from Toronto, where they've gone as far as to sell home games away.

The Front Office is just in it to make as big of a profit as they can. It's really that simple.

-Bill
        Last edited by BLeonard; 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• bluerosekiller
          • Jul 2008

Let's be blunt about it. The Bills will not be a winning team until ol' Ralph is six feet under.
          Him & the people that he chooses to run this team are just incompetent. They only thing that they're successful at is taking advantage of the fan base.
          Which I'm so damned fed up with that I was actually disappointed when we got the news that Wilson's stay in the hospital was just for for some minor thing & that it wasn't life threatening.
          Sorry, but until he's gone, it's obvious that this organization won't even reach the level of mediocrity. Much less produce a winner.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Bill hit the nail on the head.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

Been saying it for years, as long as Ralph owns this team there is no hope.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Depressing as this is, I'm glad people are finally seeing the light on Ralph.

I need to get my life on the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr plan.

I want to do one great thing that requires a $25,000 investment. Then, I want to sit back for the next 50 years and accomplish nothing while people heap kudos on me for simply not undoing the great thing that I did, all while my $25k investment grows to $700 million.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Depressing as this is, I'm glad people are finally seeing the light on Ralph.

I need to get my life on the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr plan.

I want to do one great thing that requires a $25,000 investment. Then, I want to sit back for the next 50 years and accomplish nothing while people heap kudos on me for simply not undoing the great thing that I did, all while my $25k investment grows to $700 million.
                  He did work on other things for many decades but obviously this was a good call. One thing most people don't realize is, for every one good thing that works out in a business career you had a dozen failures plus the problems associated with them. I can personallly attest to this and with age, this happens to most people at one time or another.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

We need a new billboard campaign:

SELL THE TEAM ALREADY
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

I have felt this way for over a dozen years.

The only thing that keeps being a Bills fan these days is to see how this all unfolds after Ralph's death.

I might as well be a Bills fan until the very bitter end rather only to a few years before the end.

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Real owner would have fired Levy after losing 2nd Super Bowl, after losing 3rd Super Bowl, after losing 4th Super Bowl, after then not making the Super Bowl, these were teams with no discipline run by the players, horrible coaches with a horrible owner when we were most talented.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

Marv was a failed coach when hired. He was in the CFL then failed miserably in Kansas City. He did the Bills preseason games (ie Tasker) for 3 years before he was hired.
                          Ever since then, Ralph thinks he going to strike gold again. What he never has realized was his gold was Bill Polian, and Marv was Ralphs friend who was incredibly lucky to have such talent.
                          In all those Super Bowl years, all Ralph had to do was allow one more DE FA signing to complement Bruce, and that would have put us over the top for sure Super Bowl wins. In my opinion, that was Ralph's cheapest, and dumbest move,was not getting one more player to put us over the top.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                            You'll notice that they had absolutely no issue with letting Patriots' Owner Bob Kraft walk right down on our field and accept an award
                            I know. What in THE HELL was that all about!

Comment

• gebobs
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Marv was a failed coach when hired. He was in the CFL then failed miserably in Kansas City. He did the Bills preseason games (ie Tasker) for 3 years before he was hired.
                              Ever since then, Ralph thinks he going to strike gold again. What he never has realized was his gold was Bill Polian, and Marv was Ralphs friend who was incredibly lucky to have such talent.
                              Absolutely spot on. If there is a theme in his hiring of coaches and executives, it's that he goes for the lousy retreads and hopes to catch lightning in a bottle again and find a diamond in the rough.

Mixed metaphors aside, the only time he hasn't done this was with Chuck Knox. Knox bought us back from the brink of irrelevancy and made us contenders again. Rightfully, he asks for a raise and Ralph, true to form, tells him to take a hike. After one of Knox's assistants laughed Ralph's face after he was offered the top job, he goes and gives it to Kay Stephenson, a guy who had only been a quarterbacks coach in the NFL for one season. And a damned lousy one at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X