I think I am officially done with the NFL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

I think I am officially done with the NFL...

the refs still help out new england like as if they need it. Kyle Williams got screwed and they give brady a freebie td to deny us of an opportunity for a goal line stand. then you have Stevie Johnson's bull**** incompletion call against the bengals last season, the hell with this bull***** league. it will not make one more red cent off of me. I AM DONE.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: I think I am officially done with the NFL...

you lose money on the cowboy game?

it's hard to ****ing quit this league, wish i had the willpower.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Going Coastal are we?

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

If the Bills ever moved I wouldn't watch it very often. I haven't watched a full game outside of the Bills games this entire season. I work on Monday and Thursday evening so I don't see any of them games and then I only watch part of the 4pm and 8pm Sunday games. Especially if the Bills lose then I'm so pissed I don't even want to see anymore football the rest of the day. If they moved I wouldn't adapt another team and would just be a casual fan.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
          the refs still help out new england like as if they need it. Kyle Williams got screwed and they give brady a freebie td to deny us of an opportunity for a goal line stand. then you have Stevie Johnson's bull**** incompletion call against the bengals last season, the hell with this bull***** league. it will not make one more red cent off of me. I AM DONE.
          In the past, there have been times where, yes, I (and others, I'm sure) have felt that the referees have "helped out" the Patriots and other teams.

Yesterday was not one of those instances.

I agree that the 15 yarder on Kyle Williams was a bit of BS, especially since Fitz was high/lowed and didn't get a call. But, do you honestly think our defense was gonna stop the Pats on a Goal Line stand if the Brady TD run was called back? I don't.

The D gave up over 500 yards of offense. One yard, or even one TD wasn't gonna be the difference when your team turns the ball over 6 times and allows 52 points.

The Bills led at halftime and were tied at the start of the 4th quarter. Getting outscored 31-7 in the 4th quarter while allowing 2 100 yard rushers and 2 100 yard receivers was the reason the Bills lost, not the referees.

-Bill

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Are you going to wipe your ass with those tickets you bought for the game this week?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              • Sep 2002

no, im gonna go since i already paid for them... but right now, im really missing the $210 I shelled out. if everyone quit this league, they would get their **** together real fast. Maybe they should spend less time punishing players and start firing refs for impartial reffing and blown calls.

- - - Updated - - -

no, im gonna go since i already paid for them... but right now, im really missing the $210 I shelled out. if everyone quit this league, they would get their **** together real fast. Maybe they should spend less time punishing players and start firing refs for impartial reffing and blown calls.

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice if you at least admitted to yourself that your idea of the NFL 'getting their **** together' is simply favoring the teams you like instead of the teams you hate.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Can you explain what it would be to be unofficially done with the NFL. What makes officially more important in this case?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly View Post
                    Can you explain what it would be to be unofficially done with the NFL. What makes officially more important in this case?
                    I am no longer going to go to my local sports bar/watering hole on sundays I will now spend my money in more productive ways that benifit my self, my gf, and my soon to be 5 year old son.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

And people thought the replacement refs were bad...
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

I'm tired of the NFL for a completely different reason: I despise commercials.

Go back and watch games from the glory days, or before. You got two sets of commercials per quarter, barring an injury or something.

Now it's to the point where you get five minutes of commercials for every 5 minutes of game. It's insane.

One of the reasons I hate to go, is because I don't feel it's much fun watching the players stand around waiting for the signal from the ref, who's waiting from the signal from the director, who's waiting for a signal from a producer, who's in touch with New York waiting for the 9th commercial to end. For me it's gotten old and tiresome.

I prefer hockey much more these days, as the play is more continuous.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Right... the refs cost them that game. Even Mario Williams hasn't used that excuse yet.

Comment

• GingerP
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            I'm tired of the NFL for a completely different reason: I despise commercials.

Go back and watch games from the glory days, or before. You got two sets of commercials per quarter, barring an injury or something.

Now it's to the point where you get five minutes of commercials for every 5 minutes of game. It's insane.

One of the reasons I hate to go, is because I don't feel it's much fun watching the players stand around waiting for the signal from the ref, who's waiting from the signal from the director, who's waiting for a signal from a producer, who's in touch with New York waiting for the 9th commercial to end. For me it's gotten old and tiresome.

I prefer hockey much more these days, as the play is more continuous.
                            Get NFL Game Rewind for your computer. You can't watch when games are on TV, but during the week you can queue up any game online (any game since 2009) and watch in "continuous" mode. I removes all the stuff between plays and just shows play after play without commercial. It cost me $70 for a year, and if you want to you can watch individual plays on the All-22 look or the full network feed if you want as well.

It takes less than 1/2 an hour to watch a complete game. I watch 5-6 games a week on average, usually just setting up the laptop when I'm folding clothes or something.

Continuous mode is about the greatest thing ever.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

they give brady a freebie td to deny us of an opportunity for a goal line stand.
                              Brady had a message for you after that TD:

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady scores his first touchdown of the season and say's "Fuck You Bitches" while Wes Welker laughs on live TV.Slow Moti...

Comment

Working...
                              X