PDA

View Full Version : The Mario Williams Report

The Toe Show
10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
http://wgr550.com/Buscaglia--The-Mario-Williams-Report/14384821

Real analysis from Joe B on Mario Williams. Here is the breakdown.

Time on Field: 89.6% snaps played, 69 total

Against the Pass:

Types of Pass Plays (35 total)
Dropback Passes - 29 plays
Quick Passes - 6 plays

Performance vs. Dropback Passes
Sacks - 0 (0% success rate)
QB Hurries - 2 (6.9% success rate)
Pancaked - 1

Pass Blocking Schemes Used Against
Times Double Teamed - 1
Times Chipped - 3
True 1-on-1 vs Dropback Passes - 86.2% (25 of 29)

Thoughts:
Williams was a non-factor against the pass despite facing only one double team throughout the entire game. He had 25 opportunities in a pure 1-on-1 setting, and had zero sacks and only two pressures. There wasn't a single time where the blocker on Williams should have been called for holding or illegal hands to the face. The right defensive end just failed to get close to Brady for the majority of the game, often times getting stonewalled by the offensive lineman.

Against the Run:

Runs Right/Left (34 total)
Right Side (towards Williams) - 32.4% (11 total)
Left Side (away from Williams) - 67.8% (23 total)

Performance vs. Run
Right Side (towards Williams) - 7.0 YPC, 77 yards, 0 touchdowns
Left Side (away from Williams) - 6.4 YPC, 146 yards, 3 touchdowns
Williams Stats - 2 tackles (1 TFL)

Run Blocking Schemes Used Against
Times Double Teamed - 0
Times Blocked by Tight End - 8
True 1-on-1 vs. Running Plays - 100%

Thoughts:
While the Patriots stayed away from Williams a majority of the time on the ground, the times that they did run at him they actually had a better rushing average than when they ran to the left. Williams didn't see a single double team against the run and managed to only have a minimal impact on that aspect of the game.

All of this information begs one question. How is he not more effective for the Bills with that many one-on-one opportunities, after having been a solid pass rusher for six years in Houston? It is only four games in, and that fact should be stressed. But those four games have yielded results that have been duplicated by many average players and surpassed by others. Simply put, he needs to be a lot better considering the contract he signed in the off-season.

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
This whole myth that he gets double teamed and that's why he's not effective is ridiculous.

Every time I watch him, he's on one on one and he's not gaining any ground.

I don't know what's going on, but something's gotta give because right now, he's on pace for about 3 mil a sack.

EDS
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
http://wgr550.com/Buscaglia--The-Mario-Williams-Report/14384821

Real analysis from Joe B on Mario Williams. Here is the breakdown.

Ugly.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 10:29 AM
BUF FA DE Mario Williams:

After 4 games: 9 total tackles, 7 solo, 1.5 sacks. Signed 6 years, $100M, $50M guaranteed.

CLE FA DE Frostee Rucker:

After 4 games: 14 total tackles, 6 solo, 1 sack. Signed 5 years, $21 million, $8M guaranteed.

1/4 of the season has elapsed. MW has some make-up work to do. :pray:

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 10:32 AM

After 4 games: 9 total tackles, 7 solo, 1.5 sacks. Signed 6 years, $100M, $50M guaranteed.

After 4 games: 14 total tackles, 6 solo, 1 sack. Signed 5 years, $21 million, $8M guaranteed.

Frostee Rucker is just a much cooler name too (no pun intended).

RedEyE
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Love the analysis. They should dissect every player exactly like that. Although I think it would be most telling concerning lineman (both sides) and receivers.

The Toe Show
10-02-2012, 10:50 AM

I think Wannstedt's entire plan hinges on the front 4 getting pressure, and it's not happening. Will he adjust?

Blondie
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Mario is an overpaid pussy.

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Mario Williams has been horrible but where is our vaunted interior DL? They only show up against weak teams it seems...

coastal
10-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Coastal is an anti-Bills fan!

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Love the analysis. They should dissect every player exactly like that. Although I think it would be most telling concerning lineman (both sides) and receivers.
They actually do that.
Joe B has a breakdown and grade for every play for every player in every game, then has an overall GPA for that player for the season.

Really interesting actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Mario is an overpaid pussy.
Speaking of overpaid pussy, how's your massage business doing?

Blondie
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Speaking of overpaid pussy, how's your massage business doing?

Its going well thank you... Last month was my BIGGEST month so far! October has started out a little on the slow side so I panic, but it is going good. Thanks for asking!

Here was my tip that I posted on FB today:

I have been working a lot lately on peoples shoulder and back muscles! A little tip to help "relax" the back muscles. Pectoral Muscle Stretch! It is the PECS job to hold the shoulders up straight. So when the PECS are short and tight your shoulders roll forward and cause the rhomboids to stretch and do everything they can to keep those shoulders up! ITs not their job!! :-) Little tip for all my clients!! Stretch out those PECS and let the rhomboids chill .. they will thank you for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq2rYIobvns

So if ya have tight PEC muscles .. stretch them out and help your back muscles!! ;-)

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
"A lot of times I was coming back into things,” Williams told the media, trying to explain how the Patriots were blocking him. “I wasn’t at the point of attack a lot of times with the things (New England) was running. It got kind of methodical. It felt like it was the same block, same thing, same play and I just felt like I really wasn’t at the point of attack"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/the-disappearing-mario-williams/#3785-1

Not sure what that means....

Ed
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
He better start stepping it up. We could get better production from Kelsay.

Mario Williams is supposed to be special, but he's looked pretty ordinary for the most part.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I've got a great article coming on Mario Williams, what he's doing and how he can fix it. I say its great because I have experts giving their opinion after watching him on film as opposed to just me babbling on.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I think Wannstedt's entire plan hinges on the front 4 getting pressure, and it's not happening. Will he adjust?

Dunno. CIN DC Zimmer bounced his DEs inside with some frequency when Rucker and Jonathan Fanene were on the club. I guess that's a keep-em-gussing philosophy. Both those players did well enough inside.

Wanny needs to get creative. He's been in the game for years, and has to know what's what and make on-field moves. When you yield 45 points in a 2nd half, what's to lose? :idunno:

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
How about trying him at RDE instead of left? I don't understand why that has not even been attempted. He might have better success with his bull rush on a LT.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
How about trying him at RDE instead of left? I don't understand why that has not even been attempted. He might have better success with his bull rush on a LT.

He said when he signed here he does not want to play RDE.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 12:04 PM

His bull rush hasn't seemed to bother an RT yet...

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Dunno. CIN DC Zimmer bounced his DEs inside with some frequency when Rucker and Jonathan Fanene were on the club. I guess that's a keep-em-gussing philosophy. Both those players did well enough inside.

Wanny needs to get creative. He's been in the game for years, and has to know what's what and take on-field moves. When you yield 45 points in a 2nd half, what's to lose? :idunno:

That's the annoying thing.

They scored on what 6 straight drives? And he kept doing the EXACT SAME THING.

That's equivalent to playing rock, paper, scissors with someone and they just keep going with rock over and over again.

"Poor predictable Bart. Always picks rock."

"Good ol' rock, nothing beats that."

GingerP
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
"A lot of times I was coming back into things,” Williams told the media, trying to explain how the Patriots were blocking him. “I wasn’t at the point of attack a lot of times with the things (New England) was running. It got kind of methodical. It felt like it was the same block, same thing, same play and I just felt like I really wasn’t at the point of attack"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/the-disappearing-mario-williams/#3785-1

Not sure what that means....

LOL. Sounds like he is mad at the Pats RB for not running into him.

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
He also said that he would make a difference when he signed here.

Guess what? It's not up to him.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM
That's the annoying thing.

That's equivalent to playing rock, paper, scissors with someone and they just keep going with rock over and over again.

Good analogy. :up:

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 12:14 PM

I know he told the Bills he wanted to play LDE but at this point his only concern should be to improve.

Unless he won't play on the right side because it affects his injury more... whatever the injury is...

Mahdi
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
His bull rush hasn't seemed to bother an RT yet...

RT are generally bigger while LT are more athletic. Maybe going against the lighter guys will allow him to bull rush them easier. I don't see the speed rush working for him anyway...

RedEyE
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey, here's a thought: how 'bout rotating him to both sides to keep the offense guessing and Mario fresh....oh wait that would be a defensive adjustment. Can't have that.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I know he told the Bills he wanted to play LDE but at this point his only concern should be to improve.

Unless he won't play on the right side because it affects his injury more... whatever the injury is...

Hmm. It wasn't so long ago when folks here who raised questions before and after the signing, about his injury history, got called names.

Blondie
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I was just out there reading the back in March the Patriots were looking into signing Mario .. I bet after this game they were happy as **** they didn't!! LOL

RedEyE
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
To be fair he did show signs of life against Cleveland. I think most (self included) are just frustrated and tired of the inconsistency from this team. It's easy to point the finger at one guy and say he's the problem. But an in depth analysis shows that its a collective issue.

kingJofNYC
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Mario Williams has been horrible but where is our vaunted interior DL? They only show up against weak teams it seems...

Hard to get on Kyle, he's the most active player in the front 7.

Dareus on the other hand.....Probably the most draft ready interior linemen, was better coached in college and it showed, but at the pro level he hasn't shown that he can take his game to the next level. Maybe a low floor low ceiling kind of guy, not seeing the impact out of him.

Wouldn't mind seeming him moved inside on passing downs, get him pounding on a guard with a bull rush, get him him close to the QB, move someone else at end. I think we should draft another DE this year, if a QB isn't available and the Juniors come out. Run what the Giants do. Doubt it though, this FO/Coaching staff is ****ing clueless.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Maybe we should run a stunt, a zone blitz, a shift, a slant, or ANY sort of move upfront other than "Rush 4 stright up, Drop 7" every play.

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Maybe we should run a stunt, a zone blitz, a shift, a slant, or ANY sort of move upfront other than "Rush 4 stright up, Drop 7" every play.
Hahaha what was all that stuff you just said?

Just because they scored on the the previous 5 drives, doesn't mean they'll score on the next one.

They'll NEVER expect us to run the same D AGAIN. This should confuse them.

Trust me.

OpIv37
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
To be fair he did show signs of life against Cleveland. I think most (self included) are just frustrated and tired of the inconsistency from this team. It's easy to point the finger at one guy and say he's the problem. But an in depth analysis shows that its a collective issue.

No one is saying that it is all Williams' fault. Clearly, plenty of other players on the team are responsible for this train wreck.

But Mario is still responsible for his own performance, regardless if we're 4-0 or 0-4 or somewhere in between. One good game out of 4 is not good enough, especially for the money he's making. I can live with him not getting stats if he's drawing chips and double teams and allowing the rest of the DL to tee off. But if you look at the Jets and Pats games, clearly that's not what's happening.

kingJofNYC
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Word, it's ridiculous. 5 on 4 all game long, sometimes 5 on 3. They're not doubling Mario, certainly not doubling Anderson, so Dareus and Williams receive most of the attention. We don't even show blitz. Last night you watch the Bears, they're lining up their LBs in the A gap and threatening to blitz. A Cover 2 team that actually tries to deceive and attack. Wannstedt just sits back in the same coverage all game long, no disguise, no threat. Just awful.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
He also said that he would make a difference when he signed here.

Guess what? It's not up to him.

That's right but if you think his effort is bad now? Put him at a position he doesn't not want to play.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Based on what Im being told moving him around some will help but switching his position entirely won't do much. Its a technique issue on Williams.

OpIv37
10-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Based on what Im being told moving him around some will help but switching his position entirely won't do much. Its a technique issue on Williams.

we paid $100 million for a guy with a "technique issue?"

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
we paid $100 million for a guy with a "technique issue?"

A fixable technique issue, but yes according to the former NFL DE I just finished trading emails with the lack of production is a technical one. Ill have the article up first thing in the morning, waiting on another person in the Houston area to get back to me.

BuffaloWingEater
10-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey, here's a thought: how 'bout rotating him to both sides to keep the offense guessing and Mario fresh....oh wait that would be a defensive adjustment. Can't have that.

julius pepper is moved all of the time. wanny no comprende

BuffaloWingEater
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
A fixable technique issue, but yes according to the former NFL DE I just finished trading emails with the lack of production is a technical one. Ill have the article up first thing in the morning, waiting on another person in the Houston area to get back to me.

are the bills attempting to fix this or are they unaware?

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
That's right but if you think his effort is bad now? Put him at a position he doesn't not want to play.
Well if he's going to be a baby about it and not play his heart out on every play, then he can rot on the bench for all I care.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM
are the bills attempting to fix this or are they unaware?
That I can't say. I would assume so, my guy says that Mario could fix it himself after reviewing his own film.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Well if he's going to be a baby about it and not play his heart out on every play, then he can rot on the bench for all I care.
You'd put a $100 million contract on the bench because he's rather play LDE?

mjt328
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Word, it's ridiculous. 5 on 4 all game long, sometimes 5 on 3. They're not doubling Mario, certainly not doubling Anderson, so Dareus and Williams receive most of the attention. We don't even show blitz. Last night you watch the Bears, they're lining up their LBs in the A gap and threatening to blitz. A Cover 2 team that actually tries to deceive and attack. Wannstedt just sits back in the same coverage all game long, no disguise, no threat. Just awful.

It's always easier for an opponent when you KNOW what is coming. These teams watch film and know that Buffalo is using the same attack all game long.

The Bills would have much greater success by showing a couple different looks and doing SOMETHING to keep the offense off balance.

After four games of the same thing, I bet they would blow the socks off the 49ers if they ran a couple stunts. I bet we would have a free rusher at the quarterback everytime we did it.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Hahaha what was all that stuff you just said?

Just because they scored on the the previous 5 drives, doesn't mean they'll score on the next one.

They'll NEVER expect us to run the same D AGAIN. This should confuse them.

Trust me.

Wannestadt refuses to run any defensive plays that wouldn't be possible on an electric football board.

RedEyE
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure why Wannestadt even bothers to show up? His entire playbook is on a single 3x5 card.

colin
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
while i think wanstink might be the worst nfl coach out there right now, and mario is a loser with low fire, i also think there is something wrong with him. hand in a cast, out since october 2011, he's not ready physically or mentally (or something) to play, and i think he's frustrated and his response is to take plays off.

all that said, to wake his ass up they might need to bench him or something.

coastal
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry.. Could care less about your so-called network of experts.

fact is Mario isn't producing in spite of being single teamed.

that isn't scheme... It isn't technique...

its called not beating the man in front of you.

Turf
10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Can anyone say Maybin? Cause I think Maybin would have been just as productive running around the outside of the play.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Yeah, I think we've all figured out that Mario isn't producing. The rest of us are asking "Why?"

coastal
10-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I think we've all figured out that Mario isn't producing. The rest of us are asking "Why?"
Because he's a ****ty football player.

next question.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 03:17 PM

And many people don't care about irrational logic either, the answer of "because he just sucks" isn't good enough nor is it accurate.

You however are free to believe as you wish.

coastal
10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
And many people don't care about irrational logic either, the answer of "because he just sucks" isn't good enough nor is it accurate.

You however are free to believe as you wish.
Look at his production or lack thereof since joining the league.

He's the poster child of diminishing returns.

irrational logic?

im not nor have I ever been out here advocating to bring him here, nor was I ecstatic when we did.

so by all means... Please point out where my logic isn't rational!

SquishDaFish
10-02-2012, 03:34 PM

Dont ever question DraftBoy. You couldnt match one little bit of his knowledge. I think EVERYONE on this board would take his word or read his article because we know its not made up bull****. Your posts are PATHETIC!

Nice to see you keep posting on a BILLS FAN board when you said you were switching teams like a LOSER!!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Because he's a ****ty football player.

next question.

He's clearly strong and fast enough to be a dominant NFL player, but he isn't producing like one. From where I'm sitting, there are five possible explanations: He's being shutdown by other team's coaching, his technique is poor, the scheme isn't putting him in winnable matchups, his heart's not in it, or he's injured.

So now we're trying to figure out which it is. Or we could just post "49ers rule, Bills drool, Jabaal Sheard 4 eva" and be done with it.

SquishDaFish
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
He's clearly strong and fast enough to be a dominant NFL player, but he isn't producing like one. From where I'm sitting, there are five possible explanations: He's being shutdown by other team's coaching, his technique is poor, the scheme isn't putting him in winnable matchups, his heart's not in it, or he's injured.

So now we're trying to figure out which it is. Or we could just post "49ers rule, Bills drool, Jabaal Sheard 4 eva" and be done with it.

Ill take DraftBoys words that its tech and wait for his article to read. Now hopefully Mario knows it and is fixing it

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Ill take DraftBoys words that its tech and wait for his article to read. Now hopefully Mario knows it and is fixing it

I would hope so, but it is disconcerting if a multi-year veteran is just now diagnosing a technique issue that renders him ineffectual. If DraftBoy's source can spot that just from watching film, so can oline coaches.

SquishDaFish
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Dont forget its been a while since hes played DE. Hes been playing OLB and been injured.

coastal
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
He's clearly strong and fast enough to be a dominant NFL playerdo u remember when we drafted Bucky Brooks back in the day?

he was our supposed replacement for James Lofton.

he was fast enough and fit the profile.

problem is we ended up drafting what amounted to a mediocre kick returner with a 2nd round pick.

Mario's production all the way back into his college career screams of unrealized potential.

why?

because he's not a football player.

period.

coastal
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Dont ever question DraftBoy. You couldnt match one little bit of his knowledge. puhlease... Challenging sacred cows is my speciality.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
do u remember when we drafted Bucky Brooks back in the day?

he was our supposed replacement for James Lofton.

he was fast enough and fit the profile.

problem is we ended up drafting what amounted to a mediocre kick returner with a 2nd round pick.

No I don't remember that, but I could tell you why most of the busts in recent memory busted. James Hardy = Couldn't beat a jam or fight for the football in the air, etc.

All you've said here is:

because he's not a football player.

That's a nothing statement. There's no substance there.

coastal
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Who signs a $100 million contract and then says he's not there to be a leader?!

Put it this way... giving Ray Lewis $100 million in the twilight of his career would have been a better football investment.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Who signs a $100 million contract and then says he's not there to be a leader?!

When did he say this?

SquishDaFish
10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
He never did. He said hes not a vocal leader. Thats all he said

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
You'd put a $100 million contract on the bench because he's rather play LDE?

He's not doing **** on the left side.

If the coach tells him to play on the right side and he acts like a baby about it, then hell yes I'd sit him on the bench for a game or two.

It sends a message that no player is above the team. If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes for the team to win, then you don't deserve to play.

What are we going to miss his one sack every 4th game?

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
so by all means... Please point out where my logic isn't rational!

Any refusal to even consider a technical flaw that needs adjustment is completely devoid of rational logic. Players consistently have to watch their habits and make sure they don't develop bad ones in every sport. To think football players dont have to do the same doesn't make any sense.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
He's not doing **** on the left side.

If the coach tells him to play on the right side and he acts like a baby about it, then hell yes I'd sit him on the bench for a game or two.

It sends a message that no player is above the team. If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes for the team to win, then you don't deserve to play.

What are we going to miss his one sack every 4th game?

I get that, but you're assuming the answer is because he sucks there. I dont believe it is, I think its an easily correctable technique based issue. Moving him to the right side doesn't solve that.

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I get that, but you're assuming the answer is because he sucks there. I dont believe it is, I think its an easily correctable technique based issue. Moving him to the right side doesn't solve that.

No, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they SHOULD move him, I'm saying if they DID decide to move him over and he acted like a baby, I'd bench him.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
He never did. He said hes not a vocal leader. Thats all he said
So he's leading by example? Great.

coastal
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Any refusal to even consider a technical flaw that needs adjustment is completely devoid of rational logic. Players consistently have to watch their habits and make sure they don't develop bad ones in every sport. To think football players dont have to do the same doesn't make any sense.
Read the first post of my "Fool's Gold" thread.

he should be taking what he's learned every year as a pro and turned that into increased production. He's done the opposite.

This tells me his problems aren't technical.

His problems go well beyond that.

coastal
10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
That's a nothing statement. There's no substance there.
It's not a "nothing statement".

Its the whole damn ball game. Are you familiar with how Herb Brooks chose the 1980 Olympic hockey team?

he didn't pick the conventionally approved best players.

he picked the right ones... ones he knew would risk the ultimate loss.

thats not a measurable... I'll admit that, but it certainly isn't "nothing".

again... To me... It's everything.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Read the first post of my "Fool's Gold" thread.

he should be taking what he's learned every year as a pro and turned that into increased production. He's done the opposite.

This tells me his problems aren't technical.

His problems go well beyond that.

Then explain how a hitter goes into a slump, how a basketball player struggles to find his shooting touch, or why a pitcher can no longer find the strike zone. Technical ability is not just some learned trait like riding a bike, it constantly needs to be maintained and worked on.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they SHOULD move him, I'm saying if they DID decide to move him over and he acted like a baby, I'd bench him.

My mistake.

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
too many people got overly excited when we signed him. Part of it was the name recognition and the other part was because of the type of contract he received. Between the two far too many people put him on a pedestal and level that just isn't there.

He was a player that had been often injured the previous two seasons and on average only had 8-10 sacks a season and was declining every season and the Texans finally had a good defense last year when he was injured. A supposedly disruptive force doesn't have them kind of declining stats and a defense that gets better the season he is injured.

He's an above average but not great DE that will get you around 7-8 sacks on average and up to 10 sacks +/- at the most in his best years. He was never a huge disruptive player that would give you 15 sacks and take over games by himself and his production will only go down as he gets older at the position he plays.

He hit FA at the right time and found a desperate team that also doesn't have a very good track record of success when it comes to signing players to big contracts. It was the perfect storm for him to receive far more money then he could've received anywhere else.

coastal
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Then explain how a hitter goes into a slump, how a basketball player struggles to find his shooting touch, or why a pitcher can no longer find the strike zone. Technical ability is not just some learned trait like riding a bike, it constantly needs to be maintained and worked on.dude... his production has gotten worse each of past four years.

thats not a slump.

thats his career.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
It's not a "nothing statement".

Its the whole damn ball game. Are you familiar with how Herb Brooks chose the 1980 Olympic hockey team?

he didn't pick the conventionally approved best players.

he picked the right ones... ones he knew would risk the ultimate loss.

thats not a measurable... I'll admit that, but it certainly isn't "nothing".

again... To me... It's everything.

It's not even coherent. What is it to "risk the ultimate loss"?

Do you agree that there's no time machine that would allow us to go back and draft Jabaal Sheard and avoid Mario's contract? And based on that, that perhaps we should talk about how he could fix his problems?

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Williams is a good player he just isn't one of the best players and worth the money he received. He's somebody that will give you decent production but he's not somebody you can build a defense around. He is a good player that can compliment a great DL with other good players but he's not the JPP or Jaren Allen type that you can build the line around.

He's a Top 10 give or take DE that received more money then any defensive player in the history of football. Anybody who is one of the best DE's in the league wouldn't be asked to move to LB when their team puts in a new scheme yet at the same time draft a rookie to fill his spot at DE.

coastal
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
It's not even coherent. What is it to "risk the ultimate loss"?

Do you agree that there's no time machine that would allow us to go back and draft Jabaal Sheard and avoid Mario's contract? And based on that, that perhaps we should talk about how he could fix his problems?
Ever hear of leaving it all on the field?

in order to do so... a player risks much.

as far as fixing his problems... Mario isn't the problem.

how its run is.

DraftBoy
10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
dude... his production has gotten worse each of past four years.

thats not a slump.

thats his career.

Ok then.

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 06:51 AM
That I can't say. I would assume so, my guy says that Mario could fix it himself after reviewing his own film.

I have a lot of difficulty believing that a PB veteran DE suddenly doesn't have proper technique to rush the passer. He is either physically or mentally disabled right now.

He can't beat average and below average OTs 1v1. There is something going on we don't know about....

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Another thing about Mario, I think he needs to trim down. 300 pounds is way too much for a pass rusher. He needs to lose some muscle and be leaner which will make him quicker.

He should be at 290 not more. Maybe even 285.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I have a lot of difficulty believing that a PB veteran DE suddenly doesn't have proper technique to rush the passer. He is either physically or mentally disabled right now.

He can't beat average and below average OTs 1v1. There is something going on we don't know about....

He's another guy that we showed the money to and he packed it in, took his paycheck, laughed to the bank.

It's a recurring theme with this franchise.

Name me the last guy we paid big money to that amounted to anything in a Bills uniform? Is it Spikes or Fletcher?

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 07:29 AM
He's another guy that we showed the money to and he packed it in, took his paycheck, laughed to the bank.

It's a recurring theme with this franchise.

Name me the last guy we paid big money to that amounted to anything in a Bills uniform? Is it Spikes or Fletcher?

Derrick Dockery

DraftBoy
10-03-2012, 07:33 AM

Again technique is not like being able to ride a bike, you still have to work on it and do the little things properly. Shame on you for calling or even suggesting any player could be mentally disabled, there is no reason to even go into that realm.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Derrick Dockery

I said amounted to anything. Dockery was garbage here. Hence why he was released 2 years into his 7 year 49 million dollar deal.

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Again technique is not like being able to ride a bike, you still have to work on it and do the little things properly. Shame on you for calling or even suggesting any player could be mentally disabled, there is no reason to even go into that realm.

I mean he has a mental issue that is disabling him from playing at a high level. Not mental disability... c'mon now...

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 07:49 AM
I said amounted to anything. Dockery was garbage here. Hence why he was released 2 years into his 7 year 49 million dollar deal.

That was a joke.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2012, 07:52 AM
That was a joke.

And has since been released by the Redskins as well.

Anyone after Spikes and Fletcher?

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
And has since been released by the Redskins as well.

Anyone after Spikes and Fletcher?

You could say Sam Adams. Milloy. TO was good actually.