PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Film Breakdown

kingJofNYC
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
http://wgr550.com/WHITE--Eye-in-the-Sky-Week-4---Closing-The-Gap/14401183

Just awful execution on his part. QB or bust, he gives it his all but when you don't have the talent....

Experiment is over.

Slim
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Fantastic write up by Joe there.

kingJofNYC
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Think Jeremy White did the breakdown, but yeah, it's good write up. 14-21 points left on the field, 3 really big plays.

jdaltroy5
10-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Stop it...I can't watch anymore.

stuckincincy
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
We have to be sure to toss in a grain of salt.

The BUF O put up points to lead 21 -7. Nobody should give Fitz kudos, but this is a hack piece, pointing out only faults. You could do same for every losing QB every week. Did this author do the same in BUF's 2 wins? Did the OP post this fellow's commentary on Fitz then?

kingJofNYC
10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
A hack piece? He's showing the huge missed opportunities. He also criticizes the defense. Yeah, he ****ing wrote up all 4 weeks, go read it yourself.

Another hack post from stuckincincy.

Edit: He missed week 3, was going to do one but never put it up. Check his twitter feed. Still don't understand why you're killing the messenger. Fitz had two very big plays turn into two interceptions (first throw to TJ and deep seam route to Steve). That's a potential 14 point swing.

Philagape
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM

The BUF O put up points to lead 21 -7. Nobody should give Fitz kudos, but this is a hack piece, pointing out only faults. You could do same for every losing QB every week. Did this author do the same in BUF's 2 wins? Did the OP post this fellow's commentary on Fitz then?

Let's go back and post them for his whole career here and see how often he's a losing QB.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
http://wgr550.com/WHITE--Eye-in-the-Sky-Week-4---Closing-The-Gap/14401183

Just awful execution on his part. QB or bust, he gives it his all but when you don't have the talent....

Experiment is over.
Anyone with at least half a brain knew that long ago. The hubris is thick when it comes to Gailey's expectations that he can make any quarterback work in his offense. He did the same thing in 2010 and made that idiot Edwards the starter looooong after even the most casual fan could see that he was a bum.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM

It certainly could be done. Fitz hasn't looked strong in any game this season. If you think he has, I have to question your knowledge of the game. He overthrows receivers that are 5 feet away and consistently underthrows long routes. The Bills won those two games despite their lousy quarterback, not because of him.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2012, 05:10 PM
i have to admit that i was impressed was some of Fitz's passes in the beginning of the game. when the Bills were up a couple of TDs, i thought that i could have been wrong about Fitz. reality set in and i blamed the beers for thinking like a Fitz Licker. :doh:

Skooby
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
i have to admit that i was impressed was some of Fitz's passes in the beginning of the game. when the Bills were up a couple of TDs, i thought that i could have been wrong about Fitz. reality set in and i blamed the beers for thinking like a Fitz Licker. :doh:

If he comes out on fire again against San Fran, you'll be on your knees praying for his love shot (like your Mom under me).

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
<tbody>
Year Comp Att Yds Td Int
2006 217 339 3296 29 11

Guess whose numbers those are? I'll give you a clue, he's on the team. When he was given the chance to play he didn't let the ball get intercepted for every 7 throws he made.

</tbody>

gebobs
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Guess whose numbers those are? I'll give you a clue, he's on the team.

OK, I give up. Whose stats are those?

YardRat
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
<tbody>
Year Comp Att Yds Td Int
2006 217 339 3296 29 11

Guess whose numbers those are? I'll give you a clue, he's on the team. When he was given the chance to play he didn't let the ball get intercepted for every 7 throws he made.

</tbody>

Dude...this is the NFL, not the FCS. Get a grip.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
OK, I give up. Whose stats are those?

They're Tyler Thigpen's college stats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Thigpen

As we all know, players who dominate the FCS Big South conference are naturally going to translate those skills to the NFL.

RedEyE
10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
That wgr analysis of Fitz is really telling. And if just a few of hose plays/reads are made by Fitz the outcome of this game could of been different.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
They're Tyler Thigpen's college stats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Thigpen

As we all know, players who dominate the FCS Big South conference are naturally going to translate those skills to the NFL.
Good grief. The one smart thing that Gailey HAS done is not play that loser.

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Great illustration and breakdown of them plays. The basics of the story is something that myself and most of us have already known and stated since the middle of last year. Teams aren't afraid of Fitzpatrick and they stack the line of scrimmage because they're not afraid of the deep pass.

Most of the passes we complete are short passes that rely on YAC to produce anything out of it. Team stack the box to limit the YAC and force Fitz to have to beat him deep. When we're running the ball great like Spiller was the first couple games that can open up some opportunities for YAC but with them stacking the line and keying in on the run good teams or defenses will be able to limit the running game fairly easily.

They're not afraid of Fitzpatrick and until he can beat them deep which he has proven he can't on a regular basis then this is what we're stuck with. He has been in the league for 7 years or something like that. What he is now is what he will always be. We could have an explosive offense with an above average QB with accuracy and that can stretch the field.

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Dude...this is the NFL, not the FCS. Get a grip.

I don't care how much I think Thigpen sucks. He can't be worse than Fitzputrid. No way.

gebobs
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't care how much I think Thigpen sucks. He can't be worse than Fitzputrid. No way.
Oh yes he can. He's worse than Edwards.

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh yes he can. He's worse than Edwards.

Fitzpatrick isn't good but he isn't the worse current starting QB in the league. At the very least he's far better then Trent Edwards. At least he can do more then dump the ball off and he isn't scared to stand in the pocket and take a hit or at least try and make a throw into coverage. It's not successful a lot of the times but at least he tries and makes some throws and puts points on the board.

Edwards was a complete coward in the pocket and couldn't do anything but hit his checkdown receivers. We hardly ever had any big plays or points on the board when Edwards was the QB. He was the worse starting QB we've thrown out there in the past decade.

Philagape
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Fitzpatrick isn't good but he isn't the worse current starting QB in the league. At the very least he's far better then Trent Edwards. At least he can do more then dump the ball off and he isn't scared to stand in the pocket and take a hit or at least try and make a throw into coverage. It's not successful a lot of the times but at least he tries and makes some throws and puts points on the board.

Edwards was a complete coward in the pocket and couldn't do anything but hit his checkdown receivers. We hardly ever had any big plays or points on the board when Edwards was the QB. He was the worse starting QB we've thrown out there in the past decade.

I think he meant Thigpen's worse than Edwards

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I think he meant Thigpen's worse than Edwards

After reading it again you're probably right. They all suck but who knows if Thigpen is any worse or not. His stats were about the same when he was in KC with Gailey.

Mike
10-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Fitz has a much much better offense around him. The o-line has been very good, TE is good, WR are getting open, & RBs are best duo in NFL.

Mahdi
10-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I think we're being a bit harsh on Fitz here. He's not pulling a Mario Williams. He is producing and has 12 TDs. Yes he missed some throws but he also made some all-pro type throws in this game. The 2 throws to Chandler were some of the toughest throws to make for a QB, especially the second one that split the safeties. He's making some great reads throughout the game and with a little more air under a couple balls and little less on a couple others and he would have played an amazing game.

Even with the turnovers I'm actually seeing that Fitz is becoming a better QB than he was last year. I think he will tear up SF. I think Gailey spreads them out with his 4 wide and uses Fred out of the backfield to block and receive. This way you most likely keep Bowman off the field and force them into nickel.

starrymessenger
10-03-2012, 01:00 PM
I think we're being a bit harsh on Fitz here. He's not pulling a Mario Williams. He is producing and has 12 TDs. Yes he missed some throws but he also made some all-pro type throws in this game. The 2 throws to Chandler were some of the toughest throws to make for a QB, especially the second one that split the safeties. He's making some great reads throughout the game and with a little more air under a couple balls and little less on a couple others and he would have played an amazing game.

Even with the turnovers I'm actually seeing that Fitz is becoming a better QB than he was last year. I think he will tear up SF. I think Gailey spreads them out with his 4 wide and uses Fred out of the backfield to block and receive. This way you most likely keep Bowman off the field and force them into nickel.
You don't get it. Good throws together with an equal # of terrible throws will NEVER cut it in this league.

imbondz
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
anyone watch Romo the other night? felt like I was watching Fitzpatrick.

BillsFever21
10-03-2012, 04:09 PM
He's a poor man's Tony Romo.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Obviously, you aren't watching the games if you think he's only missed SOME throws. It's also the fact that he misses easy throw after easy throw. He stanks.

BillsFever21
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Fitz has a much much better offense around him. The o-line has been very good, TE is good, WR are getting open, & RBs are best duo in NFL.

It wouldn't have mattered who Edwards had around him. It's not like he had complete junk either. He had Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson as his RB while he was QB. He also had Lee Evans who made big plays before him but was non-existent afterwards because Edwards almost literally wouldn't try more then a 10 yard pass. He also had Owens here for one of his seasons and was terrible then too.

I'll give you that the OL is better now but it's still lopsided on how bad he was. Even with the year he started off with Gailey he was terrible for the first month when he was finally released and replaced with Fitzpatrick. After Fitzpatrick came in we at least looked like an offense for once. Edwards was so bad our offense actually looked like a juggernaut compared to what we were used to. We weren't used to actually seeing any passes completed more then 10-20 yards down the field or any completed balls into coverage. Edwards wouldn't even try more then a dump off pass unless the guy was basically completely wide open just standing there.

I seriously hope you aren't insinuating that you think Edwards was a good QB and just comparing him to Fitzpatrick. Too many thought he was going to be great even while he was stinking it up but I figured all of them opinions were gone by now.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
anyone watch Romo the other night? felt like I was watching Fitzpatrick.

isn't he saving Fitz from leading the league in INT's?