• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Bad Game but...

After having a few days to cool down I have to admit that the reason why I was possibly so upset is that we were kicking the Pats collective asses. If Choice or White got the call on the goal line we would have been up 28-7 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Maybe they don't try running the ball if that is the case, maybe the rigged I mean regular refs don't give Brady a scrambling TD and maybe the outcome is diffrent.

That being said you can't dismiss what actually happened and that was the team decided to fold when things didn't go their way. They were surprised by the run and chose not to make the adjustments to stop it.

The fact of the matter remains that we were kicking NE's butt through 3 quarters. We need to close those games out.

The nature of being a Bills fan is to overreact so I am sure I will continue to do, but putting it in perspective the sky has not completely fallen yet.
    www.blzbus.com
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bad Game but...

100 points in 2 division games.

And let's not forget that the team almost rolled over and died when Spiller got hurt in Cleveland. Lucky for us that Cleveland sucks. But the end result is that, in both of the last two games, this team buckled under the slightest bit of adversity. There is no killer instinct.

We are now 0-2 in the division, with both the Pats and Jets holding division record and head-to-head tiebreakers over us.

The sky has fallen. Well, the sky actually fell a long time ago. But most of us were too mesmerized by Spiller and the Mario Williams signing to notice.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      100 points in 2 division games.

And let's not forget that the team almost rolled over and died when Spiller got hurt in Cleveland. Lucky for us that Cleveland sucks. But the end result is that, in both of the last two games, this team buckled under the slightest bit of adversity. There is no killer instinct.

We are now 0-2 in the division, with both the Pats and Jets holding division record and head-to-head tiebreakers over us.

The sky has fallen. Well, the sky actually fell a long time ago. But most of us were too mesmerized by Spiller and the Mario Williams signing to notice.
      I agree that the rolling over is unacceptable but I am going to give it a few more games and see how they respond before proclaiming the season is over. I know it will probably burn me but I am use to it.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• The Toe Show
        Perfect Toes Everytime!
        • Sep 2012

Winning September gets you nowhere.

Living week to week is a rollercoaster ride. Every team is going to lose games where they look horrible.

In 1990, we got creamed by the Dolphins Week 2.
        2 September 16, 1990 at Miami Dolphins L 7–30 1–1 Joe Robbie Stadium
        In 1991, the Nigerian Nightmare would have caused mass panic in the information age.
        6 October 7, 1991 at Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium L 6–33 5–1 ABC 9:00pm
        In 1992, the Superbowl Bills put up only 10 points, getting smoked in consecutive weeks.
        5 October 4, 1992 Miami Dolphins Rich Stadium L 37–10 4–1
        6 October 11, 1992 at Los Angeles Raiders Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum L 20–3 4–2
        In 1993, the Bills were shut out against the Steelers.
        11 November 15, 1993 at Pittsburgh Steelers Three Rivers Stadium L 0–23 7–2

Lots can happen still.

Wanny needs to adjust the defensive gameplan and stop depending on the front 4 to provide the pass rush alone.

When we Blitz, the defense looks good. When we hold, the defense is ****.

Simple as that.

Enjoy the journey. Only one team gets to win it all.
        Last edited by The Toe Show; 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by zone View Post
          After having a few days to cool down I have to admit that the reason why I was possibly so upset is that we were kicking the Pats collective asses. If Choice or White got the call on the goal line we would have been up 28-7 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Maybe they don't try running the ball if that is the case, maybe the rigged I mean regular refs don't give Brady a scrambling TD and maybe the outcome is diffrent.

That being said you can't dismiss what actually happened and that was the team decided to fold when things didn't go their way. They were surprised by the run and chose not to make the adjustments to stop it.

The fact of the matter remains that we were kicking NE's butt through 3 quarters. We need to close those games out.

The nature of being a Bills fan is to overreact so I am sure I will continue to do, but putting it in perspective the sky has not completely fallen yet.
          We would've lost whether Spiller fumbled or not. If the games were only 30 minutes long the Bills would be a playoff team. Unfortunately it takes 60 minutes to win a game.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

I think if we score at the half we would have won.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

The worst part about being a Bills fan is that, after the D. Jones TD making the game 21-7, I still knew they would lose. Seriously, I turned to the person next to me and said, "They'll blow this game." I can't even take credit for a good prediction, it'd be like saying, "If it rains today, my car will get wet."
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                I think if we score at the half we would have won.
                The way we played in the 2nd half we still would've lost. We couldn't stop anything they did. That TD wouldn't have made one difference in the outcome.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Op hit the nail on the head but a lot of you will view it as ANOTHER "Negative Nancy" comment.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The Toe Show View Post
                    Winning September gets you nowhere.

Living week to week is a rollercoaster ride. Every team is going to lose games where they look horrible.

In 1990, we got creamed by the Dolphins Week 2.
                    2 September 16, 1990 at Miami Dolphins L 7–30 1–1 Joe Robbie Stadium
                    In 1991, the Nigerian Nightmare would have caused mass panic in the information age.
                    6 October 7, 1991 at Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium L 6–33 5–1 ABC 9:00pm
                    In 1992, the Superbowl Bills put up only 10 points, getting smoked in consecutive weeks.
                    5 October 4, 1992 Miami Dolphins Rich Stadium L 37–10 4–1
                    6 October 11, 1992 at Los Angeles Raiders Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum L 20–3 4–2
                    In 1993, the Bills were shut out against the Steelers.
                    11 November 15, 1993 at Pittsburgh Steelers Three Rivers Stadium L 0–23 7–2

Lots can happen still.

Wanny needs to adjust the defensive gameplan and stop depending on the front 4 to provide the pass rush alone.

When we Blitz, the defense looks good. When we hold, the defense is ****.

Simple as that.

Enjoy the journey. Only one team gets to win it all.
                    I agree that even the best teams are going to have their bad games but this is a theme with the Bills and not an exception. To even try to make a comparison to the 1990 team is just flat out desperate and searching for any hope.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

It still makes me want to punch a baby.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                        • Feb 2009

Before the season I had us pegged at 8-8. This is a game I did not expect us to win. All the sudden we are up 21-7. Then we collectively vomit on the field and give up 45 points. I was upset for the same reason. If we were down 21-7 and lost 52-28 I would not have been nearly as upset. But here I am on Wednesday night, still fuming.
                        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• The Toe Show
                          Perfect Toes Everytime!
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                          I agree that even the best teams are going to have their bad games but this is a theme with the Bills and not an exception. To even try to make a comparison to the 1990 team is just flat out desperate and searching for any hope.
                          One point I presented: even the best teams WILL lose games bad. The comparison is for the sake of fellow Bills fan's memory, not in terms of talent/strategy similarity.

Now - we lost ONE GAME and ONE QUARTER bad, but with so much season left to play and tied by record for the division lead - I AM still hopeful.

If we can win against San Fran we are right back in there. Even if we lose - we aren't far behind.

My most important point - week to week: you can't be so up and down. **** can ****ing move in this league!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                            • Feb 2009

There is NO silver lining here. Being 2-2 and "tied" for first is not something we can be proud of, or secure in. As it has been pointed out, we have allowed 100 points in two divisional games. We have beat the 1-3 Chiefs, and 0-4 Browns.
                            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                              The way we played in the 2nd half we still would've lost. We couldn't stop anything they did. That TD wouldn't have made one difference in the outcome.
                              I disagree, 28-7 changes how Belichick calls his plays. The fumble also signaled a change in momentum. It certainly could have affected the outcome.

Despite Wanny's refusal to insert the 4-3, which clearly wasn't in the gameplan, I'm as peeved that Gailey didn't put Jackson in at the goaline instead of Spiller. Spiller, a move-the-pile, goalline back? C'mon man.

Comment

Working...
                              X