PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams Fined $15,000

kishoph
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Kyle Williams was fined $15,000 for bumping into Tom Brady, while absolutely nothing is done to Brandon Spikes, who jumped in the air in what looked like an attempt to decapitate Scott Chandler. Can anyone honestly say that this league does not give preferential treatment to certain players and teams, it's ridiculous.

OpIv37
10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
you mean when he grabbed Brady's leg while Brady still had the ball?

This league is becoming a ****ing joke.

DraftBoy
10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Kyle Williams was fined $15,000 for bumping into Tom Brady, while absolutely nothing is done to Brandon Spikes, who jump in the air in what looked like an attempt to decapitate Scott Chandler. Can anyone honestly say that this league does not give preferential treatment to certain players and teams, it's ridiculous.

Not quite true. NFL doesn't announce fines officially till Friday.

PTI
10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Williams hit on Brady was sad, he really had little chance to even tackle him, he was just trying disrupt his pass, this was shocking a penalty was even called. There must be consistency if this will be called though, has to be for all cases no matter how hard the hit, and I am fine with it. I am not fine when it is not called the same other way.

BLeonard
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Williams hit on Brady was sad, he really had little chance to even tackle him, he was just trying disrupt his pass, this was shocking a penalty was even called. There must be consistency if this will be called though, has to be for all cases no matter how hard the hit, and I am fine with it. I am not fine when it is not called the same other way.

Well, Fitz was high/lowed by two Pats defenders, IIRC... Didn't even receive a flag.

-Bill

zone
10-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Well everyone got what they asked for. The "regular" refs. The ones that are bought and paid for.

Joe Fo Sho
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Well, Fitz was high/lowed by two Pats defenders, IIRC... Didn't even receive a flag.

-Bill

EXACTLY! I was watching the game with some Pats fans, who were cheering when Fitz got hit low. I was like, 'that should be a penalty, but they only call that if the QB is named Tom Brady.' None of them believed me...until 2 quarters later Kyle Williams get flagged. I told them all to **** themselves.

BLeonard
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Well everyone got what they asked for. The "regular" refs. The ones that are bought and paid for.

Not everyone... I distinctly remember saying that the "regular" refs were simply not under the same microscope as the replacement refs were...

Case in point: How many times did you hear announcers or the media questioning ANYTHING this past week? They were on the replacement refs after every damn flag.

That being said, the refs didn't cost the Bills the game. 52 points and 6 turnovers is what cost the Bills the game.

-Bill

kishoph
10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Not quite true. NFL doesn't announce fines officially till Friday.

I have not even heard or seen the hit by Spikes mentioned anywhere in the media, a hit like that (a blatant hit to the head) should of gained some attention, yet it didn't even get a flag. I seriously doubt that anything will be done to Spikes.
BTW, I've been watching more of the game here and there and the crap that the Pats O-Line was getting away with is amazing. It was mentioned many times that with the union refs coming back, it didn't bode well for the Bills with a game against the Pats coming up. I agree with BLeonard that 6 turnovers is what cost the game, but the bad officiating also had an affect on it.

stuckincincy
10-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Yup. P. Manning is ecstatic. After the PGH bye, Bennie R will again be rubbing his foreparts together.

:anvil:

Buddo
10-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Seems harsh to me, but it was both low, and just a touch too late. Williams wasn't in the best position to see if the ball had gone, or not. The way Brady goes over (and I don't believe he was milking it this time), just makes it seem later than it was.

As ever, the fundamental problem with all of these 'hits' is the consistency with which they are being called - or rather the lack of it.

Night Train
10-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Next time, just snap him in two.

ServoBillieves
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
A multi-billion dollar company has to protect its pretty boys and hero's. They couldn't care less about some Scott Chandler guy, but by golly if you go low on Tom Brady (aside from the refs pre-game Sundays). May God have mercy on you.

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 10:47 AM
there has to be no doubt by now that the Pats are NFL's baby. They are one of the biggest money makers for the league and the bills the least.

trapezeus
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
but what i don't understand about the NFL is that the "pats" fans are incredibly fickle. After 2 weeks, they left. only to be super fans once again when a collegelike score comes out. Why not just get these volatile fans who just follows whoever is awesome and count that they'll just move to some other team?

Why does the league have to get these fans through the patriots?

I just ****ing hate the patriots with a passion

Generalissimus Gibby
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
If I'm Chan Gailey, and any member of the Bills O, I have Brandon Spikes' number circled and a pic of him and while I don't give money or issue a bounty I remember him as the sonovabich who got away with a cheapshot at one of us and I send a couple guys on a mission to shorten his career.

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
but what i don't understand about the NFL is that the "pats" fans are incredibly fickle. After 2 weeks, they left. only to be super fans once again when a collegelike score comes out. Why not just get these volatile fans who just follows whoever is awesome and count that they'll just move to some other team?

Why does the league have to get these fans through the patriots?

I just ****ing hate the patriots with a passion

pats fans didn't exist until Drew Bledsoe.

ublinkwescore
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
boycott the NFL like I am, and i promise you all that this crap will stop immediately when they realize other teams' fans offer more revenue than just the pats

- - - Updated - - -

boycott the NFL like I am, and i promise you all that this crap will stop immediately when they realize other teams' fans offer more revenue than just the pats

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Kyle_Williams_Wednesday_Press_Conference/bed0f835-63a3-4b6b-9c02-5bb50d194787

GingerP
10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I have not even heard or seen the hit by Spikes mentioned anywhere in the media, a hit like that (a blatant hit to the head) should of gained some attention, yet it didn't even get a flag. I seriously doubt that anything will be done to Spikes.

It has now been reported Spikes was fined $21,000.

BLeonard
10-05-2012, 03:56 PM
It has now been reported Spikes was fined $21,000.

Yep: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4731550/spikes-fined-21k-for-roughness

Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes was fined $21,000 for unnecessary roughness in last Sunday's 52-28 win over the Bills. The fine was for an illegal blindside block.

Spikes delivered the hit on tight end Scott Chandler on an interception return in the fourth quarter.

Still don't agree with the Kyle Williams flag and fine, since the high/low on Fitz wasn't flagged or fined, but again, the refs didn't cost the Bills the game.

-Bill