Does Dareus have a motivation or focus issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Does Dareus have a motivation or focus issue?

So I avoided the Monday press conferences for a few days, didn't want to hear the same old ****, but was bored this morning and decided to listen.

Mark Gaughan, sounded like him anyway, said one of Dareus' teammates offered up the following "He has the potential to be a superstar if he wants to be, but you have to keep on him both on and off the field." Gaughan asked Chan if that statement is true, Chan said the following "No, I don't believe so." Then he rambled about how his focus isn't always on the defense, we figured that one on our own Chan, but he would notice regardless.

This isn't what you want teammates saying about the #3 pick in the draft.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Does Dareus have a motivation or focus issue?

MW got 100M, 50 in walk-away cash. Wherever you work, when a new guy comes in and gets a dazzling percentage of the available $ pile, simple human nature can act.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

I'm not sure a teammate would make these comments based on his play this year, 4 game sample, especially when his brother died after the second game. It's more than Mario making bank, not performing, and causing friction. This goes back to last year, train camp, etc.

Comment

• Gibby
        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
        • Jun 2006

I still don't know why you hate Dareus, he and Kyle are the only good players on the DL. Last year Dareus led the team in sacks, this year he looks good. I think its way to ****ing early to call Dareus a bust and I think your criticism is unfounded. Now if you would say Dareus was okay but we should have taken Dalton next I agree. Dareus was a safe, secure, blue chip pick who will play for many years at a high level in this league. He did his part on Sunday. Hate Mario Williams, don't hate Dareus because he and Kyle are the two best players on that D.

Comment

• Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
          I'm not sure a teammate would make these comments based on his play this year, 4 game sample, especially when his brother died after the second game. It's more than Mario making bank, not performing, and causing friction. This goes back to last year, train camp, etc.
          Is this NYJUNKIE? It sounds like NYJUNKIE? Hey, like it nor not Dareus was the best player statistically speaking last year and he is one of our better players this year. This is an ignoramous thread by a possible ignoramous

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

I don't hate Dareus.

His play hasn't been good this year. Dareus was very good last year for a rookie DT, especially since they tend to struggle as rookies. I'm just reporting what others, specifically his teammate(s), are saying in public. Hopefully he turns it around, and this just a rookie slump.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I don't hate Dareus.

His play hasn't been good this year. Dareus was very good last year for a rookie DT, especially since they tend to struggle as rookies. I'm just reporting what others, specifically his teammate(s), are saying in public. Hopefully he turns it around, and this just a rookie slump.
              It usually takes some time to get acclimated to a new DC / Scheme, so I'd just back the F-off until we see more proof one way or the other.

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

I don't hate Dareus.

Which teammate? You have a name, I didn't see it. Also, this could be to motivate him. Plus, he has some off the field stuff in his mind. Given the fact that he lost his brother in a grusome fashion he is playing quite well. Plus, its four games in. In sacks he is on pace for eight this year, which is more than he did last year, he is on pace for more passes defended, and he is a clog in the middle of the line with Kyle. The inside of the line is set, the ends well **** I would be absolutely bickering at Mario and his lazy ass.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Here's the deal Gibbs...Dareus has not performed up to expectation. Plain and simple. He's not a nowhere man like Mario, but you have to admit his play is giving Bills country that nagging feeling that the Front Office overreached yet again and making a lot of people wish we angled for Locker instead.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Ask Mark Gaughan if he's willing to divulge the players name, didn't give one, reporters don't normally out their sources.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

The press is also trying to make a story for themselves, where there is no story.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        Here's the deal Gibbs...Dareus has not performed up to expectation. Plain and simple. He's not a nowhere man like Mario, but you have to admit his play is giving Bills country that nagging feeling that the Front Office overreached yet again and making a lot of people wish we angled for Locker instead.
                        When he's with another team and ripping people apart what will you be saying?\

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Dareus was the only player of the first 5 picks last year not to make the Pro Bowl. Still love the pick, I'm just saying.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                            Dareus was the only player of the first 5 picks last year not to make the Pro Bowl. Still love the pick, I'm just saying.
                            How many rookie interior defensive linement do you know who make the probowl? Just saying?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                              I wanted aj green at #3.

Comment

Working...
                              X