PDA

View Full Version : TJ Graham

Mahdi
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Just want to mention that I think TJ Graham is going to be our Jeremy Maclin. He's a natural football player and you can see by the way he moves that he has 'IT'.

Our offense might have gotten better with him coming in for Nelson... Although we would be even more dangerous with Nelson and Jones inside and Stevie and TJ outside in our 4 WR sets.

Anyway, TJ looks like a star in the making...

kingJofNYC
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Had some big opportunities this past Sunday but Fitz couldn't deliver a proper throw.

Much too early to be making comps to Maclin though. It's one game against a questionable secondary. His production will be limited as long as Fitz is the starting quarterback.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I still would have rather had Wilson in the long run, but Graham is looking much better than I expected.

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
he's going to be average until we find a qb who can hit him deep on a regular basis.

Mahdi
10-04-2012, 01:19 PM
he's going to be average until we find a qb who can hit him deep on a regular basis.

Not necessarily. Plays can be created that are higher percentage that get him in space and running. Which would be dangerous.

I love the fact that they threw 2 or 3 quick ones to him off the snap which were easy 8-10 yards.

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Not necessarily. Plays can be created that are higher percentage that get him in space and running. Which would be dangerous.

I love the fact that they threw 2 or 3 quick ones to him off the snap which were easy 8-10 yards. Josh Reed had lots of high percentage catches. He was average at best. Until TJ Graham can hurt you deep, he'll have a hard time being more than average. There's only so much "high percentage" to throw around between him, FJ, Spiller, Chandler and Nelson when he comes back. TJ was brought in to "stretch" the field. You're not going to maximize his abilities by dumping to him.

Dont get me wrong. I like his potential. BUt his potential may not be reached with a qb who can't make vertical throws accurately on a consistent basis. Steve Smith would not have been as good as he was if Fitz was his qb.

zone
10-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I agree Graham has shown something early, the thing that has impressed me the most is his awareness in knowing where he needs to get for the first down and then executing.

stuckincincy
10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Josh Reed had lots of high percentage catches. He was average at best. Until TJ Graham can hurt you deep, he'll have a hard time being more than average. There's only so much "high percentage" to throw around between him, FJ, Spiller, Chandler and Nelson when he comes back. TJ was brought in to "stretch" the field. You're not going to maximize his abilities by dumping to him.

Dont get me wrong. I like his potential. BUt his potential may not be reached with a qb who can't make vertical throws accurately on a consistent basis. Steve Smith would not have been as good as he was if Fitz was his qb.
I feel sad for the kid.

How can he prosper with a management that has in recent times jumped from 4-4 to 3-4 and back to 4-3? And decided that 3 or 4 or more wide wr sets is the way to go most of the time, doesn't have much of an idea about LB play...their last decent one, Poz wasn't All-Star, but he is a genuine starting MLB and away he went. A defensive set that now uses 4 -2 -5 as a base defense...4-1-6 more or less against NE last week. Brady was right when he commented that he was facing small defenders. Jeeze, an unknown FA rb banged away for over a hundred yards.

The long-suffering BUF fans probably lead the league in knowing more about the game than the home town management. Sad.

justasportsfan
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
So far, no one has stepped up to replace David Nelson as Fitz's 2nd security blanket . Seems like Stevie is suffering from the loss of David as well.

starrymessenger
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM

I love the fact that they threw 2 or 3 quick ones to him off the snap which were easy 8-10 yards.
Imagine if they could also throw 2 or 3 long ones to him too. Oh wait...

TigerJ
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I share Justa's skepticism about Fitz, but I still think Graham helps the talent level of the WRs as a group. You don't generally expect a lot of production out of rookie receivers, but he seems to be exceeding what you might normally expect to this point from a rookie with only 4 games under his belt.

more cowbell
10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Out of all the negative things surrounding this team, this I actually agree with. Aside from being fast, he does flash the "it" factor, especially with awareness of where the sticks are. Usually, "speed WR" rookies are overly focused on making people miss, rather than playing smart.

In the games he has played in this season he has absolutely burned someone on each team at least once a game. If only we didn't have an 9th grade talent at QB.

Stewie
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM

This is true in theory, but only when the defense has to respect the possibility of a deep ball.

Until we complete a deep throw or two, defenses can play like they're on a short field, and the high percentage screens, slants or whatever other high percentage plays you have in mind aren't going to be as effective.

Thurmal
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I love how every time Graham has a good play, he is immediately relegated to the bench for four or five series.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2012, 04:16 AM
You think everyone on this team is a star or a star in the making.

Hard to take your postings seriously, just sayin'

Generalissimus Gibby
10-05-2012, 08:06 AM
If we had a qb on this roster that could complete a pass of more than 15 yards people would say Graham is something special. Hell he is even doing okay in the dink and dunk offense Fitz' capgun allows us.

Luisito23
10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Liked him when we drafted him, like him even more now.

Bill Cody
10-05-2012, 09:05 AM
If we had a qb on this roster that could complete a pass of more than 15 yards

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 09:08 AM
This is true in theory, but only when the defense has to respect the possibility of a deep ball.

Until we complete a deep throw or two, defenses can play like they're on a short field, and the high percentage screens, slants or whatever other high percentage plays you have in mind aren't going to be as effective.

Does completing deep throws to the other team's safety count? Fitz is pretty good at that.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-05-2012, 09:12 AM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Holy **** bro, what's happening my dear sister? :D