PDA

View Full Version : How will Fred and CJ split carries this week?

Ed
10-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm curious to see how Chan handles the RB situation in this game and going forward. Do you think the plan is to just continue to rotate each series? I know CJ's shoulder was still bothering him last game, but I'm hoping he gets the bulk of the carries from now on. We just seem more dangerous and dynamic as an offense when he's in the game, and he's probably been the most fun player to watch.

JoeMama
10-05-2012, 11:45 AM
All us fantasy junkies are dying to know.

CJ is more of a homerun hitter and seems to have trained himself how to follow his blocks and run inside.

I'd prefer to see the load shift in his direction, but Freddy's a fine RB too.

Although, I will admit to my bias. I own CJ Spiller in my money league.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I drafted Freddie and handcuffed with Spiller in both leagues, so I'm not going to be biased.

I think Fred will get the bulk carries and CJ is rotated in on 3rd downs and obvious pass plays.

JoeMama
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
With Freddy back, will CJ resume punt or kickoff duties? Or are those days numbered?

I'm in a bizarre league where players get return yardage added to their fantasy points.

Ed
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
With Freddy back, will CJ resume punt or kickoff duties? Or are those days numbered?

I'm in a bizarre league where players get return yardage added to their fantasy points.
I doubt it. McKelvin is doing a pretty good job and he doesn't have much of a role on defense now so that's kind of his primary job.

Cali512
10-05-2012, 12:28 PM
It should be CJ-20 carries, FJ- 10-15. Thats the smart thing to do

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Those days are over. With McKelvin, Rogers, and Smith, there is no reason we should be risking our #1 halfback on returns.

gloveus
10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I think Fred will get the bulk carries and CJ is rotated in on 3rd downs and obvious pass plays.

If they do that, I think it would be a HUGE mistake. Freddie is good, but he isn't the game changer that Spiller was the first few games. I think defensive coordinators of the teams we play will be happy if the Bills do this.

Cali512
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
If they do that, I think it would be a HUGE mistake. Freddie is good, but he isn't the game changer that Spiller was the first few games. I think the defensive coordinators of the teams we play will be happy if the Bills do this.

I honestly dont think theres any use for Freddy on this team anymore. CJ was having the best start outa any RB since Jim Brown before his injury and Jackson came back. When Jackson plays, CJ gets limited severely, but when CJ plays hes one of the best in the NFL. Unless Gailey can actually use them well in a gameplan, id want CJ over FJ any day

BillsFever21
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
They will mostly be splitting the carries with maybe whoever is playing better that game getting a few more carries then the other. That is the worse strategy you can have.

Sure most teams use two RB's nowadays but you need one that is the clear cut starter that takes the bulk of the carries. RB's have to get into a rhythm and when you're switching them in and out they can't get into the flow of the game and it ends up hurting both of them.

With Jackson's age and Spiller's production since the middle of last year Spiller should be getting the bulk of the touches with Jackson coming in to relieve him in the rotation. Spiller is the future and Jackson isn't. Spiller needs to grow with this team and we also need somebody who can knock off big chunks of yards at a time and has the chance to take the ball all the way whenever he touches it. Jackson is good but Spiller has them skills and is also younger. You can't just split them both up and give each of them 10 carries a game or what not. You need a clear cut starter that gets the bulk of the playing time.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2012, 07:17 PM
If this team wants to be healthy and smart, Tashard Choice should get the bulk of the carries. Said it last week, here I am again saying it this week. GET YOUR STARS HEALTHY.

But, it will most likely be 10 for Freddie and 5 draw plays to CJ. CJ will get obvious throws his way in screens that will be snuffed within 5 yards.

BillsFever21
10-05-2012, 08:41 PM
If this team wants to be healthy and smart, Tashard Choice should get the bulk of the carries. Said it last week, here I am again saying it this week. GET YOUR STARS HEALTHY.

But, it will most likely be 10 for Freddie and 5 draw plays to CJ. CJ will get obvious throws his way in screens that will be snuffed within 5 yards.

I agree. I wanted them to sit both of them out last week. Our odds of winning were slim and if neither of them were healthy they weren't going to be much better then Tashard Choice filling in for them. Choice might've even fared better then two injured RB's instead.

I wanted them to rest up for a week or two so they would at least be fully healthy by the time the Cardinals came around. Playing them injured against teams far better then us that we're most likely not going to beat and not letting them get healthy will just set them back further when it comes time for the winnable games to come around and the final stretch of the season.

If these guys are hampered for most of the season by rushing them back Gailey should be fired by that alone let alone his horrible record as our HC.