PDA

View Full Version : Do we even have a chance this Sunday?

The King
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I feel like this is the type of game you should just make other plans for. Harbaugh might have the best coached team in football. With the weapons he has and the film of the NYJ and NE games, he can set this game on cruise control and drive through us like a hot knife through butter.

Is there any chance Gailey can fire this team up for a huge upset?

tatersalad
10-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Yep any given Sunday

Mr. Pink
10-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Nope.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
50-50 Fitzy. If we get Fitzmagic, we can hang with just about any team in the league. If he turns into Pickspatrick, we're cooked. San Francisco is a damned good football team, but they're not invincible.

I say we've got about a 30% chance.

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
We'll be 2-7 after the 2nd NE game.

Skooby
10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
3-2 baby.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I feel like this is the type of game you should just make other plans for. Harbaugh might have the best coached team in football. With the weapons he has and the film of the NYJ and NE games, he can set this game on cruise control and drive through us like a hot knife through butter.

Is there any chance Gailey can fire this team up for a huge upset?

There's always a chance, nothing in football is ever certain, but its just not a very big chance.

The King
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
50-50 Fitzy. If we get Fitzmagic, we can hang with just about any team in the league. If he turns into Pickspatrick, we're cooked. San Francisco is a damned good football team, but they're not invincible.

I say we've got about a 30% chance.

Does it lie on Fitz or the defense? I dont think Fitz lost us the NE game by any stretch of the imagination.

The last buffalo fan
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
:spit: I love the Buffalo Bills and their fans! :beers:

justasportsfan
10-05-2012, 01:56 PM
This looks like a trap game for SF but IMO, Harbaugh is the next BB if I had to pick one. SF will force your team to be one dimensional and we don't have a qb who will beat you with his arm. Stevie , Jones and TJ have to step up. Chandler can hurt them if he's covered by Whitner.

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Does it lie on Fitz or the defense? I dont think Fitz lost us the NE game by any stretch of the imagination.

So much went wrong on Sunday that you can't blame any particular player, but Fitz gets his share of the blame. He threw 4 INT's- I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the one that was tipped but the other 3 were clearly on him.

Now, the D was so bad that we might have lost even if Fitz was flawless, but I don't think there's any way to not take him to task for that performance.

As far as this week, it's both. SF has a good D, a good RB, but a weak O overall. Fitz is going to have to deal with their D while our D is going to have to find a way to stop Gore and Davis.

Throw in the WC road trip and it has disaster written all over it.

Slim
10-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Snowballs chance in hell.

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
and for the record, I never make other plans. I watch every game.

I've only missed a couple over the last 8 years, and those were the meaningless Week 17 games- I wasn't around to watch a few of them and found out the score before I watched, and couldn't bring myself to waste time watching a meaningless loss.

stuckincincy
10-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, I hope Spiller is a game-day inactive. Putting his bum shoulder at risk last week was dumb.

jimmifli
10-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Does the Pope **** in the woods?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2012, 02:25 PM

It was a team loss, but I think Fitz contributed more than his fair share. Lest we forget, the rout could have easily started in the first half with Fitz' two picks, but we held them to two missed FGs. But in the 2nd half, when the defense was bleeding all over the place and desperately needed a sustained drive to catch their breath:

1st-10, BUF20 8:10 R. Fitzpatrick incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, BUF20 8:05 C. Spiller rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
3rd-9, BUF21 7:24 R. Fitzpatrick incomplete pass to the right
TOP - :58

1st-10, BUF20 3:53 R. Fitzpatrick passed to D. Jones to the left for 22 yard gain
1st-10, BUF42 3:12 F. Jackson rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss
2nd-12, BUF40 2:31 R. Fitzpatrick sacked by R. Ninkovich. R. Fitzpatrick fumbled. R. Fitzpatrick recovered fumble
3rd-17, BUF35 2:07 R. Fitzpatrick incomplete pass to the left
TOP - 1:57

Third drive is all rush, Freddy fumbles.

Now the rout is on and the Pats have scored 4 straight TDs to take the lead:
1st-10, BUF20 11:42 R. Fitzpatrick incomplete pass down the middle
2nd-10, BUF20 11:37 Buffalo committed 5 yard penalty
2nd-15, BUF15 11:37 R. Fitzpatrick incomplete pass to the right
3rd-15, BUF15 11:19 D. McCourty intercepted R. Fitzpatrick for 34 yards
TOP: - :23

Three huge chances to try to take the game back and slow down the Pats - Fitz goes 1/6 for 22yds, a sack, a fumble, and an INT. Couple that with the tale of the tape article posted on here showing all the wide open wideouts he either missed or didn't see, and it's pretty damning. When the other team is running the ball all over you, you need your own QB to sustain a drive and givethe D some rest. Fitz utterly failed and the D couldn't hold up.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2012, 02:30 PM
We got smoked by the Jets in week 1, which seemed to motivate us to crush KC at home the following week.

I know SF isn't KC and we're on the road, but hopefully we'll get psyched up and give SF a good fight. They're not unbeatable. Play good defense, SF's offense is nothing spectacular. Run the ball and soften up their defense. We'll have a chance.

Imagine 3-2 going into the Arizona game, then Tennessee. We can make up for lost time quickly.

TigerJ
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
While, I expect this game to end up in the loss column, the San Francisco loss to Minnesota is an indication that San Francisco may have chinks in its armor. Fitzpatrick has to play his best game of the season, but if that happens and the stars all align themselves just right, it could happen.

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
We got smoked by the Jets in week 1, which seemed to motivate us to crush KC at home the following week.

I know SF isn't KC and we're on the road, but hopefully we'll get psyched up and give SF a good fight. They're not unbeatable. Play good defense, SF's offense is nothing spectacular. Run the ball and soften up their defense. We'll have a chance.

Imagine 3-2 going into the Arizona game, then Tennessee. We can make up for lost time quickly.
AZ is playing well despite last night's loss, and it's the 2nd straight WC road trip. That's going to be a much tougher game than it appeared when the schedule came out.

SquishDaFish
10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I NEVER miss a game I dont care who they are playing. Do I think we have a chance? I would say a small one. But we would need a pass rush that can acc HIT THE QB!! And Fitz has to control the game and not turn the ****ing Ball over!

GingerP
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
If they play well and don't turn the ball over they have a chance. SF is a good team, but they lost to Minnesota. They aren't unbeatable.

Ed
10-05-2012, 03:17 PM
No. Underdogs never win in the NFL.

Ed
10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
AZ is playing well despite last night's loss, and it's the 2nd straight WC road trip. That's going to be a much tougher game than it appeared when the schedule came out.
I don't think Arizona looked that good against Miami either.

The Bills are flying straight to Phoenix after the SF game and will spend the week in Arizona to avoid having to make a second WC trip.

stuckincincy
10-05-2012, 03:31 PM

They looked weak pretty much all game long last night. Both sides of the ball. Kolb was clueless, ran around like a chicken with a bucket of boiling water flung at his butt. Change the snap count cadence - perhaps? Should have stuck in their rookie qb - at least he'd probably run forward. It was a tight game for a long while. Stack up the OL and LOS, chew time and hope you are the last bunch standing.

Terrible game calling by the AZ staff.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Maybe you didn't see all the awful passes to wide open receivers. He may not have lost the game himself but he sure as hell didn't help.

- - - Updated - - -

and to answer the threads question. No, the Bills do not have a chance.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
We'll be 0-16 this season. There's no chance this team could beat any NFL caliber team. To ask if they will beat a 3-1 team after being 2-2 (aka 0-4!) is just asinine. They're passing attack is fantastic, and our run defense before last weekend was horrid. This game won't be close! With no motivation and sitting in the division/conference bottom, I think we're just going to fold since we have NO chance of making the playoffs.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Maybe you didn't see all the awful passes to wide open receivers. He may not have lost the game himself but he sure as hell didn't help.

- - - Updated - - -

and to answer the threads question. No, the Bills do not have a chance.

Hurk, as not to call you out as the troll you constantly are (or just plain sad pessimist), tell me the chick in your sigs name and I won't go to town on your sadness.

Skooby
10-05-2012, 03:42 PM
We'll be 0-16 this season. There's no chance this team could beat any NFL caliber team. To ask if they will beat a 3-1 team after being 2-2 (aka 0-4!) is just asinine. They're passing attack is fantastic, and our run defense before last weekend was horrid. This game won't be close! With no motivation and sitting in the division/conference bottom, I think we're just going to fold since we have NO chance of making the playoffs.

So you're saying there is a chance.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Hurk, as not to call you out as the troll you constantly are (or just plain sad pessimist), tell me the chick in your sigs name and I won't go to town on your sadness.

Troll calling others trolls. That's funny.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Troll calling others trolls. That's funny.

There are very strong differences between trolling, sarcasm, and intelligence. It just takes a "keen eye" to see them. You'll get it someday buddy.

more cowbell
10-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Huge game....Buffalo Bills...on the road...across the country = no chance

trapezeus
10-05-2012, 05:09 PM
if i was san fran, i would exclusively play my backups. wins on two fronts. the bills never beat the backups and two you keep your starters fresh for a real game.

The last buffalo fan
10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
We are Mars................... Buffalo!!!! Yes, we Chan!

RedEyE
10-05-2012, 05:30 PM
My initial response would be not a chance in hell. But this is one of those classic Bills games where they beat an NFC team they have no business beating and lift their record just enough give us hope. Only to have our spirits dashed against an AFC team two weeks later.

I think the good Bills team we rarely see matches up well on paper. But knowing the mental state of this team and the injuries I have to say this is going to be a horrible game to watch. I'd rather do yard work.

HAMMER
10-05-2012, 05:32 PM
If we weren't w/o 2 starting OL and one DL I would say we had a shot. Now it's a longshot.

split71
10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
IMO, if the defensive front 7 plays "lights out" with an aggressive game plan - absolutely they can win...that being said, I'm still waiting for the aggressive game plan.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2012, 06:22 PM
IMO, if the defensive front 7 plays "lights out" with an aggressive game plan - absolutely they can win...that being said, I'm still waiting for the aggressive game plan.

We cut "lights out" :/

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 07:41 PM

The Bills are flying straight to Phoenix after the SF game and will spend the week in Arizona to avoid having to make a second WC trip.

what? you mean they actually had the idea to do something smart AND got Ralph to pay for it?

Damn.

Sarcasm aside, good idea. I'm glad they're doing it that way.

BillsFever21
10-05-2012, 08:10 PM
If our defense can play alright the final score might look respectful. As far as winning the game goes we don't have a chance.

Beebe
10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
We always have a chance we never give up as fans and that's why we are the best fans.**** the 49ers.

OpIv37
10-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Huge game....Buffalo Bills...on the road...across the country = no chance

Mathematically, it's impossible to have no chance.

But, this feels like a New England game, by which I mean our chances are as close to zero as they can possibly get.

- - - Updated - - -

We always have a chance we never give up as fans and that's why we are the best fans.**** the 49ers.

we never give up as a fan base but the team gives up. They gave up on Sunday and they almost gave up against Cleveland.

jamze132
10-06-2012, 01:26 AM
While, I expect this game to end up in the loss column, the San Francisco loss to Minnesota is an indication that San Francisco may have chinks in its armor. Fitzpatrick has to play his best game of the season, but if that happens and the stars all align themselves just right, it could happen.
Disagree. Minnesota is a better team than most give them credit for.

kishoph
10-06-2012, 03:29 AM

The 4th quarter turnovers gave the Pats an average drive start at the Bills 30 yard line, could of just handed them 7 points and saved time off the clock. The defense was put in a position to fail because of the offense's futility.

Night Train
10-06-2012, 05:03 AM
A chance ? Sure.

A small one at that. This staff is busy working on getting itself fired.

kishoph
10-06-2012, 06:59 AM
The defense is going to have to have a big game, they can't be afraid of Alex Smith and have to concentrate more on stopping Gore and Jacobs. That's going to take having our LB's in the game for more than 9 plays (that was ridiculous). Vernon Davis is having a good start, but their running game will hurt you more. Hopefully Wannstedt will have his head out of his ass and make adjustments if needed. On offense having Urbik and Glenn out hurts, but at least Hairston and Rinehart are good backups that both have starting experience. A full week of practice should help them both. Spiller and Jackson both should be in better shape than last week and hopefully can come up with big games. As for Fitz, who knows, he's capable of throwing 4 TD passes, but he's also capable of throwing 4 interceptions.

zone
10-06-2012, 10:39 AM
If we can run the ball, stop the run, and limit the turnovers we will win but that goes for most teams on Sunday.

GingerP
10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
The 4th quarter turnovers gave the Pats an average drive start at the Bills 30 yard line, could of just handed them 7 points and saved time off the clock. The defense was put in a position to fail because of the offense's futility.

That is letting them off too easy. They gave up 52 points and 580 yards. They allows 6.2 yards per rush and 9.0 yards per pass. The Pats had 33 first downs in the game, including 19 rushing.

Yeah, the turnovers killed any chance to win the game, but that was a terrible defensive performance by any measure.

JoeMama
10-06-2012, 12:33 PM
We have a chance every Sunday.

We're a Jekyll and Hyde team.

I don't think we have a good chance, but that's why we play the game.

And that's why I continue to plant my ass in front of the TV on Sundays for 16 consecutive years now.

Just in case I can enjoy a brief moment of glory.

YardRat
10-06-2012, 03:13 PM
This game has 'upset' written all over it.

JoeMama
10-06-2012, 03:20 PM

YardRat (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/optimist?s=t)

Skooby
10-07-2012, 12:51 AM
We have a chance every Sunday.

We're a Jekyll and Hyde team.

I don't think we have a good chance, but that's why we play the game.

And that's why I continue to plant my ass in front of the TV on Sundays for 16 consecutive years now.

Just in case I can enjoy a brief moment of glory.

Drink more, just in case.

gebobs
10-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Please, no one say "any given Sunday". I hate that cliché.

Yep any given Sunday
*sigh*

kishoph
10-07-2012, 02:33 AM
That is letting them off too easy. They gave up 52 points and 580 yards. They allows 6.2 yards per rush and 9.0 yards per pass. The Pats had 33 first downs in the game, including 19 rushing.

Yeah, the turnovers killed any chance to win the game, but that was a terrible defensive performance by any measure.

There's no doubt that the defense was pounded on in the 2nd half and couldn't come up with a big play, but they needed some help from the offense, which aside from the turnovers, only had 1 drive longer than 6 plays, 6 of the drives lasted less than 2 minutes in game time, including 2 that ate up less than 10 seconds. The defense had to be exhausted, part because they couldn't get off the field, but they also weren't given any time on the sideline. Both sides of the ball are going to have to play a lot better today then they did in the 2nd half of last weeks game.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2012, 05:43 AM
There's a slim chance we don't get blown out though if that matters.

Barb
10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
If they play well and don't turn the ball over they have a chance. SF is a good team, but they lost to Minnesota. They aren't unbeatable.

but the game was on the road...SF is at home

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2012, 07:35 AM
The Bills stink because the coaches are all terrible. No chance today.

SABURZFAN
10-09-2012, 06:24 PM

so.... how many of you are still 'upset'?

YardRat
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
so.... how many of you are still 'upset'?

I'm over it.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Bills win.

In my dreams.