• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

SJ13 ready to throw Fitz under the bus?

Was it just me, or did anybody else notice last week several instances where Stevie looked upset after Fitz failed to deliver the ball to him accurately enough to at least give him a chance to make a catch?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • OLDSRIP
    • Dec 2008

Re: SJ13 ready to throw Fitz under the bus?

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Was it just me, or did anybody else notice last week several instances where Stevie looked upset after Fitz failed to deliver the ball to him accurately enough to at least give him a chance to make a catch?
    Hello,
    Its not just you. He looks like he is disgusted with something. Like you, I think its Fitz. I noticed early in training camp during a interview, someone asked him about VY competing with Fitz. He sure sounded like he wanted VY to be able to shoot for the number 1 job. I wonder if cutting VY and him getting stuck with a very inconsistent Fitz, is the problem.
    i know if my qb couldn't get me the ball, I would be pissed. Stevie probably feels Fitz is holding him and the O back.
    Any way thats how I read it.

Comment

• Coach Sal
      • Aug 2006

He even said as much in interviews this week. That he thought Fitz should and wanted him to take some more chances towards him because he was 1-on-1 or just thought he could make the play.

But that happens every almost every week with almost every team that loses in the NFL. It's nothing new and I'd be stunned if one of them ever threw the other under the bus any more than that kind of stuff.

I bet Fitz looks Stevie's way a lot today. SJ13 is going back home and has been talking about this game and how excited he is to play in SF since the summer. And then on top of last week and thinking (and I'm sure telling) Fitz to throw it his way.......
      Last edited by Coach Sal; 10-07-2012, 08:02 AM.
      Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
      And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Maybe Fitz prefers throwing to Chandler because he's 6'7" & is wide open, it's pretty hard to overthrow that big a guy.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Coach Sal View Post
          He even said as much in interviews this week. That he thought Fitz should and wanted him to take some more chances towards him because he was 1-on-1 or just thought he could make the play.

But that happens every almost every week with almost every team that loses in the NFL. It's nothing new and I'd be stunned if one of them ever threw the other under the bus any more than that kind of stuff.

I bet Fitz looks Stevie's way a lot today. SJ13 is going back home and has been talking about this game and how excited he is to play in SF since the summer. And then on top of last week and thinking (and I'm sure telling) Fitz to throw it his way.......
          I wasn't referring to the number of times Fitz looked Stevie's way, or failed to throw to SJ when Stevie thought he was open. My observations were from times Fitz did throw the ball to Stevie and never gave him a legit chance to catch the ball. Several times SJ was very animated in showing his disgust/anger/frustration toward Fitz's accuracy issues last week.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Sammy Avalon
            Refugee
            • Aug 2012

Stevie should give him **** for not delivering the ball. This is what happens in competitve environments. People have to be made accountable for their shortcomings.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Sammy Avalon View Post
              Stevie should give him **** for not delivering the ball. This is what happens in competitve environments. People have to be made accountable for their shortcomings.
              Not with this team. They're content with settling at QB with a limited backup.

This is why this staff will be looking for new jobs this winter.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

I know its been said here before, but why did we trade for a QB, then never dress him. Surely by now he knows the playbook.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

If I were SJ13 I wouldn't beg for the ball.

fitz has a habit of getting his receivers lit up.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Stevie should be frustrated. He's been running some great routes and getting open, particularly in the NE game.

Comment

• lmcshadow
                      • Nov 2007

Dont blame him, went from star to dust.
                      The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Fitz is throwing himself under the bus with his piss poor play.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                          Fitz is throwing himself under the bus with his piss poor play.
                          But then leads the NFL in TD passes. Do you realize someone is this thread is calling for Tavaris Jackson?

Fitz sucks on the long ball though, mechanics, what mechanics?

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                            But then leads the NFL in TD passes. Do you realize someone is this thread is calling for Tavaris Jackson?

Fitz sucks on the long ball though, mechanics, what mechanics?
                            How many INT's has he thrown? If only Fitz could throw accurately.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

At this point I'd rather have a dumb QB who can at least throw the ball accurately. Isn't that like the first requirement for any QB to have? "Can you throw?" "No." "Ok we'll then you're not playing QB. Next!"

Comment

Working...
                              X