PDA

View Full Version : SJ13 ready to throw Fitz under the bus?

YardRat
10-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Was it just me, or did anybody else notice last week several instances where Stevie looked upset after Fitz failed to deliver the ball to him accurately enough to at least give him a chance to make a catch?

OLDSRIP
10-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Was it just me, or did anybody else notice last week several instances where Stevie looked upset after Fitz failed to deliver the ball to him accurately enough to at least give him a chance to make a catch?
Hello,
Its not just you. He looks like he is disgusted with something. Like you, I think its Fitz. I noticed early in training camp during a interview, someone asked him about VY competing with Fitz. He sure sounded like he wanted VY to be able to shoot for the number 1 job. I wonder if cutting VY and him getting stuck with a very inconsistent Fitz, is the problem.
i know if my qb couldn't get me the ball, I would be pissed. Stevie probably feels Fitz is holding him and the O back.
Any way thats how I read it.

Coach Sal
10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
He even said as much in interviews this week. That he thought Fitz should and wanted him to take some more chances towards him because he was 1-on-1 or just thought he could make the play.

But that happens every almost every week with almost every team that loses in the NFL. It's nothing new and I'd be stunned if one of them ever threw the other under the bus any more than that kind of stuff.

I bet Fitz looks Stevie's way a lot today. SJ13 is going back home and has been talking about this game and how excited he is to play in SF since the summer. And then on top of last week and thinking (and I'm sure telling) Fitz to throw it his way.......

Skooby
10-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Maybe Fitz prefers throwing to Chandler because he's 6'7" & is wide open, it's pretty hard to overthrow that big a guy.

YardRat
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
He even said as much in interviews this week. That he thought Fitz should and wanted him to take some more chances towards him because he was 1-on-1 or just thought he could make the play.

But that happens every almost every week with almost every team that loses in the NFL. It's nothing new and I'd be stunned if one of them ever threw the other under the bus any more than that kind of stuff.

I bet Fitz looks Stevie's way a lot today. SJ13 is going back home and has been talking about this game and how excited he is to play in SF since the summer. And then on top of last week and thinking (and I'm sure telling) Fitz to throw it his way.......

I wasn't referring to the number of times Fitz looked Stevie's way, or failed to throw to SJ when Stevie thought he was open. My observations were from times Fitz did throw the ball to Stevie and never gave him a legit chance to catch the ball. Several times SJ was very animated in showing his disgust/anger/frustration toward Fitz's accuracy issues last week.

Sammy Avalon
10-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Stevie should give him **** for not delivering the ball. This is what happens in competitve environments. People have to be made accountable for their shortcomings.

Night Train
10-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Stevie should give him **** for not delivering the ball. This is what happens in competitve environments. People have to be made accountable for their shortcomings.

Not with this team. They're content with settling at QB with a limited backup.

This is why this staff will be looking for new jobs this winter.

Turf
10-07-2012, 09:35 AM
I know its been said here before, but why did we trade for a QB, then never dress him. Surely by now he knows the playbook.

coastal
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
If I were SJ13 I wouldn't beg for the ball.

fitz has a habit of getting his receivers lit up.

Ed
10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Stevie should be frustrated. He's been running some great routes and getting open, particularly in the NE game.

lmcshadow
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Dont blame him, went from star to dust.

SabreEleven
10-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Fitz is throwing himself under the bus with his piss poor play.

Oaf
10-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Fitz is throwing himself under the bus with his piss poor play.

But then leads the NFL in TD passes. Do you realize someone is this thread is calling for Tavaris Jackson?

Fitz sucks on the long ball though, mechanics, what mechanics?

BADTHINGSMAN
10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
But then leads the NFL in TD passes. Do you realize someone is this thread is calling for Tavaris Jackson?

Fitz sucks on the long ball though, mechanics, what mechanics?

How many INT's has he thrown? If only Fitz could throw accurately.

DynaPaul
10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
At this point I'd rather have a dumb QB who can at least throw the ball accurately. Isn't that like the first requirement for any QB to have? "Can you throw?" "No." "Ok we'll then you're not playing QB. Next!"

YardRat
10-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Whatever limited ability Fitz had on long throws in the past, he's lost completely.

gebobs
10-07-2012, 07:11 PM
But then leads the NFL in TD passes.
Stop. Half were in garbage time.

Fitz is a garbage quarterback.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I wish Steve would literally throw Ryan under a bus so he couldn't play anymore.

X-Era
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
I saw it too. Stevie is getting frustrated. Fitz was horrible. Why even bother throwing any farther than 20 yards. He can't make those throws accurately. He under throws, over throws, it's ridiculous.

QB is a top need period.

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
stevie was obviously pissed at the end of the san fran game. he wanted to have a nice performance for family and friends and fitz is sending moon balls over his head on 3rd down.

if stevie could throw fitz under the bus, it'd be nice to know someone on the offense can throw.

gebobs
10-08-2012, 07:48 AM
After the game, Johnson was asked about Fitzpatrick's execution. Johnson replied, "I'm all for it."

Badabump...apologies to John McKay.

gebobs
10-08-2012, 07:53 AM
I saw it too. Stevie is getting frustrated. Fitz was horrible. Why even bother throwing any farther than 20 yards. He can't make those throws accurately. He under throws, over throws, it's ridiculous.

QB is a top need period.
The interception was ridonkulous. He had a circle with a radius of about 5 yards that he just had to lob the ball into and it would have been a touchdown. Even Trent Edwards is going to make that throw. Losman could make that throw in his sleep.

Every week that Fitzpatrick is starting or even on the team is a slap in the face of the fans.

BillsFever21
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
He was probably asking himself why the hell he decided to re-sign with this crappy team and thinking maybe he still could've been playing in this same game but in the other uniform.