PDA

View Full Version : **** it- I HOPE this team moves.

OpIv37
10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
It's the only way I will be able to stop following them.

They are never going to get it right. They actually tried this off-season but got WORSE. It defies all logic.

This is the 4th straight failed rebuilding attempt, and they are showing zero signs of improvement.

But I've had it with these weekly humiliations. It's not enough to just lose anymore, it has to be a blowout where the other team puts up video game numbers. It's in my blood and I can't stop watching, but I'm at the point where I'd rather not have a team than have this ****ing bull****.

superbills
10-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Man, I can't say that I'm with you, but at what point to we stop torturing ourselves? I posted in another thread that it's all about the owner. Whatever that means in terms of the long-term future of the team, we need an owner who gives a damn. That's the only thing that can turn this around.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-07-2012, 06:08 PM
The NFL should have an ownership age limit, the way the Roman Catholic Church does. Once you turn 80, you hand over the keys.

zone
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM

They are never going to get it right. They actually tried this off-season but got WORSE. It defies all logic.

This is the 4th straight failed rebuilding attempt, and they are showing zero signs of improvement.

But I've had it with these weekly humiliations. It's not enough to just lose anymore, it has to be a blowout where the other team puts up video game numbers. It's in my blood and I can't stop watching, but I'm at the point where I'd rather not have a team than have this ****ing bull****.

Man I am so with you right now. I am done.

Slim
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Right there with you OP

Mr. Pink
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
There's 2 sides of that coin.

Back in 95 when the Browns left I was po'd. Hated not being able to see them play on Sundays.

But on the opposite side of the coin, I got to pick out and watch good football games and players around the league to pay attention to with no real emotional attachment to W/Ls. Then Ralph did stuff to honor the Browns and their fans which gave me a tie to the team here on top of living here.

Watching GOOD football just to enjoy the football has its fun but it's not really the same.

coastal
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Mike Iupati leading a TD.

did I mention Iupati was one of my 5 card studs?

kingJofNYC
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I think I'm with you. Only way I stop following is if they move, only way to stop the pain.

OpIv37
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
There's 2 sides of that coin.

Back in 95 when the Browns left I was po'd. Hated not being able to see them play on Sundays.

But on the opposite side of the coin, I got to pick out and watch good football games and players around the league to pay attention to with no real emotional attachment to W/Ls. Then Ralph did stuff to honor the Browns and their fans which gave me a tie to the team here on top of living here.

Watching GOOD football just to enjoy the football has its fun but it's not really the same.
For the last 3 or 4 years, I've enjoyed watching non-Bills football more than Bills football because a) I don't care as much or get upset at losses and b) the level of play is so much higher.

It's disgusting how many times I watch other teams and think "why can't the Bills do that?"

zone
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I wish they would move over the bye week.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2012, 06:17 PM
For the last 3 or 4 years, I've enjoyed watching non-Bills football more than Bills football because a) I don't care as much or get upset at losses and b) the level of play is so much higher.

It's disgusting how many times I watch other teams and think "why can't the Bills do that?"

I'm just waiting for one of these teams to be relevant to give me a reason to give a crap on Sundays.

Cleveland is the Factory of Sadness and Buffalo, I don't even words to describe how pathetic this is.

Scumbag College
10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I've never, ever rooted for another team other than the Bills and I love to watch football. But this franchise is absolutely floundering right now. A QB with several years left on a contract, 200 million dollars on a defensive line that can't stop a running play or get near the opposing QB, the coaches are all old and seem to have had the game pass them by, and a 95 year old owner who's family has no interest in the team or region. Other than geographically playing their home games in Buffalo, there is NOTHING about this team to root for.

kishoph
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
**** all of you that hope the team moves.

billsburgh
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
my 11 year old daughter was asking me today during the game "why do you keep watching them, they always lose". The only thing I could say is because it's the team I grew up watching. then she says it's time to get a new team.

lightningbolt444
10-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Honestly as said in another post I dont care if they move anymore. I will support a losing team but this team is quitting actually they quit long ago. There is a ton of talent on this team (in certain areas) you would think a player would stand up and say enough of this garbage.

This team quit on the city and the fans as far as I am concerned so it will make no difference if I quit on them

kingJofNYC
10-07-2012, 06:24 PM
my 11 year old daughter was asking me today during the game "why do you keep watching them, they always lose". The only thing I could say is because it's the team I grew up watching. then she says it's time to get a new team.

SMART KID!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-07-2012, 06:24 PM
This team is an embarrassment to associate myself with.

lightningbolt444
10-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Why the team is a disgrace to the great people of Buffalo. I have since moved away but certain things in Buffalo can not be replicated anywhere else. The only ties I feel people of buffalo have to the team now are from the 90's or else it is an excuse to get drunk on sunday morning

Night Train
10-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Sold, not Moved.

Local ownership with actual pride.

jimmifli
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
So mad I want to punch babies.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Sold, not Moved.

Local ownership with actual pride.
Yeah, because there are so many billionaires in Buffalo that can just make it rain and afford not only to buy the team, but a new stadium to go with it and make it viable.

zone
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
We have officially hit rock bottom and then called in the excavators and had them drill down a few thousand feet so we could hit the bottom of that. We are a ****ing disgrace and should be embaraced to take the field on Sundays.

kingJofNYC
10-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Fans keep saying we've reached rock bottom but it keeps getting worse, with no end in sight.

bluerosekiller
10-07-2012, 07:10 PM

And F**k you for taking offense at the rest of us for taking offense at how this team has simply quit.
If you choose to cling to your blind homer-ism as you sit there in your faded Zubazz shedding tears while watching the final play clock run out on another ridiculous blow out loss, that's YOUR bag man. To hell with that, Super Fan. After 32 plus years of agony, I'm done.

Skooby
10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
It's in my blood and I can't stop watching, but I'm at the point where I'd rather not have a team than have this ****ing bull****.

That IV in your name may have more meaning than planned, time for a transfusion.

Philagape
10-07-2012, 07:21 PM

A thousand of your **** yous will never come close to the weekly **** you this franchise gives its fans.

The NFL left Buffalo a long time ago.

CoolBreeze
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
And F**k you for taking offense at the rest of us for taking offense at how this team has simply quit.
If you choose to cling to your blind homer-ism as you sit there in your faded Zubazz shedding tears while watching the final play clock run out on another ridiculous blow out loss, that's YOUR bag man. To hell with that, Super Fan. After 32 plus years of agony, I'm done.

Are you serious? homer-ism? No, good for that guy. Why the hell would you want your team to move? Your all a bunch of cry baby, sally's. You b*tch, whine, pout, and now you want the team to leave. Whats wrong with all of you? Be careful for what you wish for. I will still root every Sunday until I die. If you don't like them, stop watching, jump ship and be a band wagoner for all I care. Or suck it up until Ralph croaks. But to wish for your team to leave is blasphemy, the idea itself hurts me. You're all better than that. I know it's tough to handle guys, but to wish your team leaves.... I'm sorry but I've waited 12 F***king years for the playoffs. I've seen one Bills playoff game (MCM) my whole life. But I know there will come a time when this team will eventually get there sooner than later... and you screwtards want to give yours and my precious team away to some other city just to watch them make the playoffs soon after. After all that heartache and suffering, your gonna let LA or another garbage unworthy city be rewarded for the misery we've endured. Yeah that makes sense, right guys????

Generalissimus Gibby
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
The NFL should have an ownership age limit, the way the Roman Catholic Church does. Once you turn 80, you hand over the keys.

In a related story Ralph Wilson wrote to Bishop Malone that he is selling the Bills to the Vatican. Pope Benedict is reported to have said, "what did I do to deserve this?"

Skooby
10-07-2012, 08:39 PM
In a related story Ralph Wilson wrote to Bishop Malone that he is selling the Bills to the Vatican. Pope Benedict is reported to have said, "what did I do to deserve this?"

Pet Shop Boys said the same.

Beebe
10-07-2012, 09:30 PM
This has to be the saddest day of my life. with a double d.

OpIv37
10-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Are you serious? homer-ism? No, good for that guy. Why the hell would you want your team to move? Your all a bunch of cry baby, sally's. You b*tch, whine, pout, and now you want the team to leave. Whats wrong with all of you? Be careful for what you wish for. I will still root every Sunday until I die. If you don't like them, stop watching, jump ship and be a band wagoner for all I care. Or suck it up until Ralph croaks. But to wish for your team to leave is blasphemy, the idea itself hurts me. You're all better than that. I know it's tough to handle guys, but to wish your team leaves.... I'm sorry but I've waited 12 F***king years for the playoffs. I've seen one Bills playoff game (MCM) my whole life. But I know there will come a time when this team will eventually get there sooner than later... and you screwtards want to give yours and my precious team away to some other city just to watch them make the playoffs soon after. After all that heartache and suffering, your gonna let LA or another garbage unworthy city be rewarded for the misery we've endured. Yeah that makes sense, right guys????
Your reading comprehension isn't very good, is it? No one has stopped rooting for the team.

I hope you enjoyed the Music City Mirage. You know why? It's the only Bills playoff game you will ever see. You are dead wrong when you say they will get there sooner rather than later. They won't get there, ever.

I'm with you with the thought process that if the team ever wins, it'll be worth the suffering. But here's the problem: it's not getting better. Ever. We are officially the worst franchise in the NFL. Ralph has made this team a joke and it is never going to improve. This is the 4th straight failed rebuilding cycle. Ralph doesn't know how to do it. If he did , we wouldn't be 0-fear on Super Bowls.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
This team isn't moving anywhere. Nobody will want these losers. They would be better off starting from scratch.

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2012, 11:31 PM

Go on youtube and watch clips of the Kelly Bills. Seriously. They actually looked like a TEAM, executing and making it look professional. Never since.

Syderick
10-08-2012, 12:31 AM
We're not going to the playoffs ever again!

BADTHINGSMAN
10-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Go on youtube and watch clips of the Kelly Bills. Seriously. They actually looked like a TEAM, executing and making it look professional. Never since.

Just watched the 51-3 blowout of the Raiders. Those teams knew how to win and cared for the game. Coaches knew how to coach.

Michael82
10-08-2012, 01:55 AM

Thank you! I'm so sick of hearing that. If you truly want the team to move, then it's time for you to jump off the bandwagon and stay off. We don't need people like that as fans of the team. Losing the team, uf it ever happens, will be the worst thing ever for us diehards. Why the hell would we want it to happen? Ill take the heart ache from all the horrid losses, with a few big and exciting wins mixed in, over no team at all!

gebobs
10-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Oh lookie! Someone is truly better than all of us venting our frustration! Thank gawd you came! And in just the nick of time!

kishoph
10-08-2012, 04:47 AM

Good, I'm glad you're done.
This team has been part of me my whole life, at first through my Father and Brothers, by the time I became old enough to decide for myself, the Bills were in the middle of winning 8 games in 3 seasons, yet I chose the Bills as my team, not because they were winning (which they weren't), but because they are my hometown team, something that less than 30 other cites in the whole world could claim. A team that played right up the street from me, a team that all my relatives and neighbors choose to follow and support, something big, that I could be part of, something that I'd have in common with and could share about with all those around me. Yet you want to take this team away from the city of Buffalo and from me, because you can't handle losing, (something that a 6 year also has problems with) and you say the team quits, you're the quitter, you're the one that if he can't have it his way, wants it no way. Maybe you're the one that should leave Buffalo. As far as calling me Super Fan, I thank you, I try hard. Over 40 years I have spent tens of thousands on memorabilia, apparel and tickets, yet I know that doesn't mean that I'm entitled to a winning team, the only thing I'm entitled to is to have a team to root for if I choose. As for crying, I have way too many adult things in my life to cry about about a game. I hate to see the Bills lose, and I get mad during the game, but when the game is over, it's over, I'm not gonna cry about them losing or go out and go crazy if they win, instead I'll look forward to next week and hope to be entertained for a few hours by watching my team. I wish your new team luck, but I know they really don't deserve a loyal fan like yourself.

kishoph
10-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Oh lookie! Someone is truly better than all of us venting our frustration! Thank gawd you came! And in just the nick of time!

You think that I'm not justified in telling people that want to take the team from the city that I live in just because they're losing, to **** off. You live in Atlanta, you have no clue what losing this team would mean to this city and it's people. People have a right to vent about a team losing a football game, but I haven't the right to vent about people wanting something to happen that could cripple the city I live in. Next time you want to try being cute with something you post, think about what you're saying.

gebobs
10-08-2012, 07:10 AM
You think that I'm not justified in telling people that want to take the team from the city that I live in just because they're losing, to **** off.
No I don't. It's an overreaction to the completely justified venting of frustration. I doubt anyone would really be happy if the Bills move.

It's like locking the stable when someone says they are hungry enough to eat a horse.

You live in Atlanta, you have no clue what losing this team would mean to this city and it's people.
Is that a fact? No idea? I lived there for 35 years.

People have a right to vent about a team losing a football game, but I haven't the right to vent about people wanting something to happen that could cripple the city I live in.
I never said you don't have the right. Just as you have the right to criticize people here for overreacting, I have the right to criticize you for the same.

Historian
10-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I watchd a great Rush documentary on Palladia, during the second half, and my wife and I are happier today for it!

Watched a Tom Petty concert during the first half.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
You think that I'm not justified in telling people that want to take the team from the city that I live in just because they're losing, to **** off. You live in Atlanta, you have no clue what losing this team would mean to this city and it's people. People have a right to vent about a team losing a football game, but I haven't the right to vent about people wanting something to happen that could cripple the city I live in. Next time you want to try being cute with something you post, think about what you're saying.

Atlanta has lost multiple sports franchises. Life goes on.

justasportsfan
10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
that's low even for you OP.

Different owner? yes. Move? No!

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Thank you! I'm so sick of hearing that. If you truly want the team to move, then it's time for you to jump off the bandwagon and stay off. We don't need people like that as fans of the team. Losing the team, uf it ever happens, will be the worst thing ever for us diehards. Why the hell would we want it to happen? Ill take the heart ache from all the horrid losses, with a few big and exciting wins mixed in, over no team at all!

I used to think that losing the team was the worst thing ever.

But I've discovered that there's something worse: This. Constant embarrassing losses with no end in sight. We are living through the only thing worse than not having a team.

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
that's low even for you OP.

Different owner? yes. Move? No!

A different owner and a move are probably the same thing.

But seriously, if there was any hope of this team winning, the suffering would be worth it. But there's not.

In relationships, sometimes people enjoy their significant other and sometimes they argue. The bad days are worth it because of the good days. But when it gets to the point where there are a lot more bad days than good ones, people leave the relationship.

At work, there are good days and bad days. When it reaches the point where there are more bad days than good ones, people start looking for different jobs.

For people who study, there are interesting classes and boring ones. If it gets to the point where most of the classes are boring, most people switch majors.

The problem is this, at least for me: I've compared being a Bills fan to battered wife syndrome, and that's exactly what it is. I can't just leave on my own, even though logically I know I'd be far better off if I did. The team is NEVER getting better and I'm NEVER leaving. The only way out of it is for them to leave. I'd love for them to get better, but just like the alcoholic husband who beats his wife, it's just not going to happen.

Night Train
10-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Op, you live in Baltimore and for 15 years the Orioles were beyond pathetic..bad ownership, management, players etc...then a funny thing happened, they finally got better.

That town has ALWAYS been a baseball town first ( I lived in the area for 5 years ) and as much hatred they had for their owner and state of affairs, they never wanted them to leave...especially after the Colts departure.

Ralph will probably pass on fairly soon and I'll take my chances that the team will find local ownership. It's basically a tragedy rolled into a black comedy at this point but I wish to see the conclusion that may bring a happier ending...much like the Baltimore baseball fans.

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Op, you live in Baltimore and for 15 years the Orioles were beyond pathetic..bad ownership, management, players etc...then a funny thing happened, they finally got better.

That town has ALWAYS been a baseball town first ( I lived in the area for 5 years ) and as much hatred they had for their owner and state of affairs, they never wanted them to leave...especially after the Colts departure.

Ralph will probably pass on fairly soon and I'll take my chances that the team will find local ownership. It's basically a tragedy rolled into a black comedy at this point but I wish to see the conclusion that may bring a happier ending...much like the Baltimore baseball fans.

It's a little early to call the Orioles a happy ending. This is their only good season in 15 years. Who knows? Maybe they win it all this year, or maybe they lose the next 2 to the Yankees and resume sucking next year.

But I'm just tired of this ****. This team is exhausting. We're not even likable underdogs anymore. We're just pathetic.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
It's a little early to call the Orioles a happy ending. This is their only good season in 15 years. Who knows? Maybe they win it all this year, or maybe they lose the next 2 to the Yankees and resume sucking next year.

But I'm just tired of this ****. This team is exhausting. We're not even likable underdogs anymore. We're just pathetic.

We've been pathetic for 13 years, we're all just in denial.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Anyone that wishes this team would move can go eat a big fat dick.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Honest & effective

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Oh wow, now THAT'S telling us.
How clever, immaturity AND homophobia wrapped up in one big insult. How impressive.
Posts like that, along with your obsession with showing us all just HOW much you love "boobies" sure does put all the rest of us to shame with what a true he man you really are, now doesn't it? Pathetic.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM

I don't get it. You don't even live near here anymore, why would you EVER care where they play? If you don't like them so much then stop watching them. But to say you hope they move is kind of a slap in the face to those who actually live in the area, have season tickets to games and make some money by working for the team.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Good, I'm glad you're done.
This team has been part of me my whole life, at first through my Father and Brothers, by the time I became old enough to decide for myself, the Bills were in the middle of winning 8 games in 3 seasons, yet I chose the Bills as my team, not because they were winning (which they weren't), but because they are my hometown team, something that less than 30 other cites in the whole world could claim. A team that played right up the street from me, a team that all my relatives and neighbors choose to follow and support, something big, that I could be part of, something that I'd have in common with and could share about with all those around me. Yet you want to take this team away from the city of Buffalo and from me, because you can't handle losing, (something that a 6 year also has problems with) and you say the team quits, you're the quitter, you're the one that if he can't have it his way, wants it no way. Maybe you're the one that should leave Buffalo. As far as calling me Super Fan, I thank you, I try hard. Over 40 years I have spent tens of thousands on memorabilia, apparel and tickets, yet I know that doesn't mean that I'm entitled to a winning team, the only thing I'm entitled to is to have a team to root for if I choose. As for crying, I have way too many adult things in my life to cry about about a game. I hate to see the Bills lose, and I get mad during the game, but when the game is over, it's over, I'm not gonna cry about them losing or go out and go crazy if they win, instead I'll look forward to next week and hope to be entertained for a few hours by watching my team. I wish your new team luck, but I know they really don't deserve a loyal fan like yourself.

"As for crying, I have way too many adult things in my life to cry about about a game"
Yeah right, you've got it ALL together...
If you're SO cool, then why the implied profane attack on all those of us who are fed up with the Bills?
Seriously, get real. You say you're SO dedicated & SO above the fray, but then you come here & cuss out those of us venting our frustrations? Whatever...

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh wow, now THAT'S telling us.
How clever, immaturity AND homophobia wrapped up in one big insult. How impressive.
Posts like that, along with your obsession with showing us all just HOW much you love "boobies" sure does put all the rest of us to shame with what a true he man you really are, now doesn't it? Pathetic.

I'm not trying to tell you anything except to go eat some alabama black snake.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not trying to tell you anything except to go eat some alabama black snake.

Lots of snakes down my way, they eat mostly alligator.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Also, newsflash. OpIv37 does NOT have magical powers. Nor, I'm fairly certain, does he have such a profound influence on the Buffalo Bills organization that his wishes for the team's relocation will have ANY effect whatsoever on what transpires with the team upon Ralph Wilson's death. Nor do I.
In fact, I dare say that if every single member of this forum collectively wishes REALLY hard for the Bills to leave the area, nothing will happen.
So, chill.

jdaltroy5
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I feel like I'm going through the 5 stages of grief with this team.

Denial - no, they aren't that bad. Gailey is an offensive mastermind and Nix has an eye for talent!

Anger - ugh why do they suck every week! That was holding! F you Brady!

Bargaining - trade the whole draft and get Luck. Open up the vaults for Williams because we NEED a pass rush!

Depression - why us? Why every week?

Acceptance - I wonder what else is on tv? I should finally get around to insulating that porch this Sunday.

EricStratton
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't get it. You don't even live near here anymore, why would you EVER care where they play? If you don't like them so much then stop watching them. But to say you hope they move is kind of a slap in the face to those who actually live in the area, have season tickets to games and make some money by working for the team.

It is great when people with no horse in the race make these declarations.

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM

And what they do on a weekly basis ISN'T a slap in the face to the people who live in the area, have season tickets and work for the team?

Please. I moved away to a two-team market, and one of the teams is actually good. I could have switched teams years ago, but I didn't. I stuck it out at great hassle and personal expense. The Bills have the best fan base in the NFL, and it's because of the people in WNY and because of people like me, who left but still go out of our way to support the team. And it's ****ing EMBARRASSING what this team does to us on Sunday afternoons.

We're a joke. It's take, take, take. They take our time, they take our money, and they can't even give us so much as a a competitive team. And you accuse ME of giving the region a slap in the face? Come on.

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Interesting interpretation of "no horse in the race." See my previous post.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 12:26 PM
My Bills club was not a happy place yesterday, at all.

And what they do on a weekly basis ISN'T a slap in the face to the people who live in the area, have season tickets and work for the team?

Please. I moved away to a two-team market, and one of the teams is actually good. I could have switched teams years ago, but I didn't. I stuck it out at great hassle and personal expense. The Bills have the best fan base in the NFL, and it's because of the people in WNY and because of people like me, who left but still go out of our way to support the team. And it's ****ing EMBARRASSING what this team does to us on Sunday afternoons.

We're a joke. It's take, take, take. They take our time, they take our money, and they can't even give us so much as a a competitive team. And you accuse ME of giving the region a slap in the face? Come on.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM

What difference does it make who makes the declarations?
Whether he lives adjacent to Ralph Wilson Stadium or hundreds of miles away, he has every right to say what he likes.
This is an open forum. That's it's purpose.
Neither OpIv37, myself nor anyone else who happens to share our opinions are spray painting them on your garage door or even on the men's room wall at your workplace. So, what's the problem?
Our "declarations" do not carry any power. Either worldly or other worldly.
Again, like I said in my previous post, the fact that OpIv37 & myself typed somethings into our computers that were posted here about the Bills relocating isn't going to tip some sort of Karmic balance & result in it actually occurring.
Nor would my going to the closest Catholic church every morning & lighting votive candles.
Nor would my going to temple at sundown & praying REALLY hard.
Nor would me constructing an alter & sacrificing small animals at midnight.

Sorry for being so condescending, but really...
Get a grip folks.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Whether he lives adjacent to Ralph Wilson Stadium or hundreds of miles away, he has every right to say what he likes.
Neither OpIv37, myself nor anyone else who happens to share our opinions are spray painting them on your garage door or even on the men's room wall at your workplace. So, what's the problem?
Again, like I said in my previous post, the fact that OpIv37 & myself typed somethings into our computers that were posted here about the Bills relocating isn't going to tip some sort of Karmic balance & result in it actually occurring.
Nor would my going to the closest Catholic church every morning & lighting votive candles.

Speak for yourself, I make declarations every week that effect people's lives & jobs.

EricStratton
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
So you posting an opinion is something noble but others criticizing it in an "open forum" is somehow wrong?

Bull

Get a grip folks.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Speak for yourself, I make declarations every week that effect people's lives & jobs.

And that's relevant to this how?

gebobs
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
As if his wishing it will have any effect on the Bills, their fans, the Buffalo area, or employees of the Bills.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
So you posting an opinion is something noble but others criticizing it in an "open forum" is somehow wrong?

Bull

When in the green hell did I ever say anything about "nobility"?
You & the rest of those that've *****ed & moaned about what OpIv37 said are the only one's I see getting all bent out of shape.
By all means, criticize away.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 01:52 PM
When in the green hell did I ever say anything about "nobility"?
You & the rest of those that've *****ed & moaned about what OpIv37 said are the only one's I see getting all bent out of shape.
By all means, criticize away.

You need to go to a public washroom and suck some farts.

bluerosekiller
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
You need to go to a public washroom and suck some farts.

Wow, how hurtful.
Your profound grasp of the English language & it's ability to cut deep emotional scars into those with whom you happen to disagree with is just masterful.

Please, spare me anymore of your verbal wizardry & just go find some more pictures of girls with big "boobies" to post.

Sammy Avalon
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't think they should move. I think new ownership is the only way out of this mess. We can't with Ralph no matter what he does.

Hate to say it but mother nature will evenutally solve that problem.

Michael82
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone else ever notice that the ones that are always saying they want the team to move or dont care if it moves are the ones that already quit on the town themselves? Most of the people that ***** and ***** all the time and say, fine move the team...or I hope the team moves...they did the same thing themselves when they left the city/state/western NY area. They gave up because they wanted a better life, with less taxes, less snow, less troubles. And they are doing the same thing with the team. :shakeno: :ill:

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Anyone else ever notice that the ones that are always saying they want the team to move or dont care if it moves are the ones that already quit on the town themselves? Most of the people that ***** and ***** all the time and say, fine move the team...or I hope the team moves...they did the same thing themselves when they left the city/state/western NY area. They gave up because they wanted a better life, with less taxes, less snow, less troubles. And they are doing the same thing with the team. :shakeno: :ill:

Yyyyyyyupp. Huge pussies.

BillsFever21
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I can't even get mad anymore but just disgusted. It's only Week 5 but it's already at that point where all you can do is shake your head at how bad they are. The emotion of the ineptness is already gone. That usually doesn't start happening till at least halfway through the season and usually longer.

Even worse it was like that from halfway through Week 1. I knew we weren't any better as long as we still had Gailey, etc still in place and figured we would bomb out the first half of the games. I cheered and was happy during the couple wins against crappy teams but couldn't get mad during the losses. It was so expected and their play was so disgusting that's all you can do is shake your head and laugh. I was hoping it wasn't this early in the season though.

It's usually later in the season when we're totally out of it. You just know that although they are 1 game out of the division lead or a WC that they don't stand a chance. Throw in the fact that we've been smacked around in all three of our losses and it all adds up. I don't know how people can even get mad anymore when it's so expected.

You wait so freaking long for football to start every season just for this crap to go on every single season and you know that they're done with after the first month. It makes for a long useless season.

There will be plenty of blackouts this year since most of our home games are late in the year. When we're 3-6 heading into our next home game don't expect anymore sellouts after that one unless a miracle happens. That one will just because it's a prime time game but who even knows at this point. The morale of the fan base is as low as it can get.

kishoph
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
"As for crying, I have way too many adult things in my life to cry about about a game"
Yeah right, you've got it ALL together...
If you're SO cool, then why the implied profane attack on all those of us who are fed up with the Bills?
Seriously, get real. You say you're SO dedicated & SO above the fray, but then you come here & cuss out those of us venting our frustrations? Whatever...

I don't think I said I'm above anyone, I did say I'm not going to cry about a game, but I will get mad and cuss someone out that says he wants something vital taken away from my community. To me that goes beyond just venting frustrations, something like that is said to hurt, the OP knew how it would hurt and that he would get a rise from members, not because he was fed up with the Bills.

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 08:22 AM

I think that's an extremely judgmental and ignorant statement. You don't know who people are, what their situation is, or why they left. And you ignore the fact that it's inconvenient and expensive to follow the team from out of town.

The reality that no one wants to hear is that we would all be happier if we DIDN'T care about this team. But anyone who's still here at this point isn't going to stop. The team is never going to stop making us miserable. The only way it gets better is if they leave.

Michael82
10-09-2012, 09:13 AM
The only way it gets better is if they leave.

You're right. That was very judgemental and ignorant. I apologize. It just seems to be something that came to my mind the other day. As for this quote....I completely disagree. It wouldnt get better if they leave. It would really suck. I wouldnt have Bills training camp to go to, I wouldnt be going to 10 home games (including preseason) per year anymore. No more hanging out with the Buffalo friends at the tailgate. It would really suck. Plus I would be so pissed off, I would most likely stop watching the NFL for a while and definitely would never find another team where I have the loyalty and love for. It would really suck! It would not be better in anyway! :shakeno:

Bill Cody
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
The only way it gets better is if they leave.

Forever's a long time. I'm old enough to remember when the NE Patriots were the laughingstock of the league. They had an owner with no money who sold to another owner with no money who sold to a billionaire that tried to move the team to St. Louis. But he couldn't because the person that owned the stadium refused to release him from the lease and he ended up buying the team. That man was Robert Kraft. Things got a little better for the Pats after that change in ownership.

Ralph is 102 years old. He won't live forever. When he dies the odds are the team will move. But if it doesn't that's a new beginning. To what noone knows but that's the shred of hope I'm holding on to. This could be the year we hit bottom and get ourselves a QB. Then we need a top coach. Then Ralph to kick and the new owner keep the team here. Longshots? Maybe but not impossible. Forgive me I'm an optimist.

Historian
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Can we at least agree that the week 1 beat-down at the hands of the Jets was not a fluke?

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
You're right. That was very judgemental and ignorant. I apologize. It just seems to be something that came to my mind the other day. As for this quote....I completely disagree. It wouldnt get better if they leave. It would really suck. I wouldnt have Bills training camp to go to, I wouldnt be going to 10 home games (including preseason) per year anymore. No more hanging out with the Buffalo friends at the tailgate. It would really suck. Plus I would be so pissed off, I would most likely stop watching the NFL for a while and definitely would never find another team where I have the loyalty and love for. It would really suck! It would not be better in anyway! :shakeno:

Think about that for a second.

How much time do you spend at camp and at the games? How much money do you spend? And what happens at the end? Disappointment, every time. There is never any payoff- never any light at the end of the tunnel. And it's just exhausting at this point. Sure there's the camaraderie, but you could get that without the Bills. Watch UB football, watch hockey, get the guys on a softball team, find something not even sports related.

In an ideal world, the Bills would get their **** together. There would be good times, which would make the bad times worthwhile. Nobody was talking like this after the Pats whooped us 31-0 at the end of '03 or the loss to the Steelers' backups at the end of '04, because we all thought the team would turn it around in time. But after 12 years of this ****ing nonsense, it's no longer reasonable to think this team will EVER turn it around. You put a lot of time, effort and money into this team- moreso than most, which is saying a lot since this team has a pretty rabid fan base. Don't you ever get burnt out by the complete lack of payoff? Don't you ever get frustrated by the fact that they can't manage to put a competitive team on the field a couple of times a decade? We are all just wasting time and money that could be better spent elsewhere.

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Forever's a long time. I'm old enough to remember when the NE Patriots were the laughingstock of the league. They had an owner with no money who sold to another owner with no money who sold to a billionaire that tried to move the team to St. Louis. But he couldn't because the person that owned the stadium refused to release him from the lease and he ended up buying the team. That man was Robert Kraft. Things got a little better for the Pats after that change in ownership.

Ralph is 102 years old. He won't live forever. When he dies the odds are the team will move. But if it doesn't that's a new beginning. To what noone knows but that's the shred of hope I'm holding on to. This could be the year we hit bottom and get ourselves a QB. Then we need a top coach. Then Ralph to kick and the new owner keep the team here. Longshots? Maybe but not impossible. Forgive me I'm an optimist.

we already won two games and there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft, so you can pretty much forget about the QB thing. As far as the ownership thing and NE, well, their situation is quite different from ours.

Bill Cody
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
we already won two games and there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft, so you can pretty much forget about the QB thing. As far as the ownership thing and NE, well, their situation is quite different from ours.

Bottom line is you can't predict what will happen.

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:54 AM

You can to a certain extent. Ralph is incapable of running a football team. He's 93. He's not going to suddenly develop the ability to run one after sucking at it for the last 52 years. You can put a bar with 300 lbs on it in front of me and tell me to bench it, and after you watch me drop it on my chest the first time, you can adequately predict that I'm going to fail every time, no matter how many attempts you give me. Why? Because I just can't bench that much, just like Ralph can't put a winner on the field. It's not a skill set that he has. As long as he owns the team, this is what we are going to get.

In terms of future ownership, true, I can't rredict what will happen. But different isn't necessarily better. Look what happened with the Sabres. Golisano took over and saved the team from bankruptcy. He lucked into two good seasons then proceed to suck. Pegula took over, tried to buy a championship, and couldn't even make the playoffs. And, in terms of the Bills, that's assuming that ownership doesn't flat-out move them out of town.

Historian
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Can we at least agree that preseason does matter, if your team stinks, much like ours has?

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Can we at least agree that preseason does matter, if your team stinks, much like ours has?

Right now, yes, but everyone will forget when we suck next pre-season.

gebobs
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Sure we can. As long as the douchebag in your avatar lives, the Bills will suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, yes, but everyone will forget when we suck next pre-season.
Preseason doesn't matter. How many times do I have to keep on telling you! ;-)

IlluminatusUIUC
10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
You can put a bar with 300 lbs on it in front of me and tell me to bench it, and after you watch me drop it on my chest the first time, you can adequately predict that I'm going to fail every time, no matter how many attempts you give me. Why? Because I just can't bench that much

It looks like half our DLine can't bench that either.

Bill Cody
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
You can to a certain extent. Ralph is incapable of running a football team. He's 93. He's not going to suddenly develop the ability to run one after sucking at it for the last 52 years. You can put a bar with 300 lbs on it in front of me and tell me to bench it, and after you watch me drop it on my chest the first time, you can adequately predict that I'm going to fail every time, no matter how many attempts you give me. Why? Because I just can't bench that much, just like Ralph can't put a winner on the field. It's not a skill set that he has. As long as he owns the team, this is what we are going to get.

In terms of future ownership, true, I can't rredict what will happen. But different isn't necessarily better. Look what happened with the Sabres. Golisano took over and saved the team from bankruptcy. He lucked into two good seasons then proceed to suck. Pegula took over, tried to buy a championship, and couldn't even make the playoffs. And, in terms of the Bills, that's assuming that ownership doesn't flat-out move them out of town.

I already stipulated we need a new owner. Guess what? We're getting one and fairly soon unless Ralph has the life span of some of the people in the Book of Genesis. Glad you agree you can't predict what will happen after that.

bluerosekiller
10-09-2012, 09:05 PM
While ( simply out of good manners & maybe a fear of what the future may bring regarding the team's future in Buffalo ) there may not be dancing in the streets when Ralph Wilson dies, I think that there will at least be an audible collective sigh of relief from the masses here. No longer will that greedy ol' codger be able to hold us hostage with his threats to move the team & no longer will we be forced to endure his out of date, cheapskate hiring practices when it comes to staff.
Sure, some may be more comfortable with the devil they know, but really, outside of the '90s & a couple of other scattered seasons of moderate success, what has he accomplished? The organization is suffering from pervasive dry rot at the roots. So, the only way we're ever going to see a winner here again is if there's a whole new tree planted.And that can't happen until the old dead husk is dragged away & the soil turned to may way for it.

CoolBreeze
10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Your reading comprehension isn't very good, is it? No one has stopped rooting for the team.

I hope you enjoyed the Music City Mirage. You know why? It's the only Bills playoff game you will ever see. You are dead wrong when you say they will get there sooner rather than later. They won't get there, ever.

I'm with you with the thought process that if the team ever wins, it'll be worth the suffering. But here's the problem: it's not getting better. Ever. We are officially the worst franchise in the NFL. Ralph has made this team a joke and it is never going to improve. This is the 4th straight failed rebuilding cycle. Ralph doesn't know how to do it. If he did , we wouldn't be 0-fear on Super Bowls.

Reading comprehension? No, I suppose I just assume any douche who doesn't care if his team moves, has stopped rooting a long time ago...

gebobs
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
outside of the '90s & a couple of other scattered seasons of moderate success, what has he accomplished?
Yep. The 90's were a perfect storm of events where things fell into place despite Ralph's bumbling:

* Following Ralph's dismissal of Chuck Knox and the mass exodus of his staff, Wilson gives the job to Kay Stephenson whose sole NFL experience was as quarterbacks coach under Knox for one season.
* The Bills go on a run of 8 wins over three seasons and attendance plummets. Some December games have as few as 35k fans.
* The Bills draft Kelly who cites weather and lousy attendance for his reason to sign with the Houston Gamblers.
* The Bills draft Bruce and bumbling Kay Stephenson has him on the second team for most of his rookie season playing only in obvious passing situations.
* Wilson fires Stephenson and hires the equally incompetent Hank Bullough to really drive the franchise into the toilet.
* The USFL folds and the NFL only allows Kelly to negotiate with the Bills.
* Ralph goes on the cheap again and hires nobody Bill Polian who makes the Bills a world class franchise for the first time in its history.
* With the USFL folding, Marv Levy is unemployed for two years and the only one willing to talk to him are the Bills who know he can be had cheap.
* Kent Hull is looking for work after the USFL tanks and calls his buddy Jim Kelly who gets him a tryout with the Bills.
* With no first round pick in the '88 draft, the Bills luck out when Thurman Thomas is seen as damaged goods and drops to the second round.

Things are all hunky-dory for a while and Bills fans figure Ralph has finally seen the light and given over management to people that know the game and has loosened his legendarily tight purse strings. Not being able to stand success and figuring it was his active management that orchestrated all of the above, Ralph fires Polian, the real lynch pin to the glory years, and the empire begins to crumble.

Fast forward to 2012 and the slide continues with no end in sight.

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Reading comprehension? No, I suppose I just assume any douche who doesn't care if his team moves, has stopped rooting a long time ago...

Much to the contrary. I've had Sunday Ticket every year since 2004, with the exception of last year because of a tree blocking our line of sight, and I still managed to see every game. And I had a 6 year streak of making at least one home game a year despite living 400 miles away (although it's been a few years since I've made it).

Since 2003, there have only been maybe 6 games that I haven't watched, and at least 4 of them were meaningless week 17 losses where I found out the score ahead of time and couldn't bring myself to waste the time watching a meaningless loss.

Some of you who still live in WNY like to criticize those of us who don't, but the reality is that we don't get to just turn our TV's on and see the games on a local channel. We have to jump through hoops and spend time and money to watch the team.

So, you better think about what you're saying when you accuse people of not rooting for the team anymore. Wanting them to win and actually thinking they will are two different things.

Historian
10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Yep. The 90's were a perfect storm of events where things fell into place despite Ralph's bumbling:

* Following Ralph's dismissal of Chuck Knox and the mass exodus of his staff, Wilson gives the job to Kay Stephenson whose sole NFL experience was as quarterbacks coach under Knox for one season.

You know, I've thought about this a lot over the last decade, and I've come to the conclusion that there are a couple different dynamics at work here.

One, I believe that RW is a shrewd businessman. I just think that in the scheme of things, he prefers profits to wins, if it's a choice between one or the other. Sure, he wants to win, and indicated that the 90's were more "fun" than the 70's, but I think that the almighty dollar wins out in the long run. Even in the SB years, we were always just one or two pieces away from winning the whole thing.

Two, I also think that his football decisions are not the best, with the aforementioned in mind. Even when he was trying to build a winner, he made some bad decisions, like hiring Knox over a little known Stanford Coach....Bill Walsh. He was going for the experience, and even that decision blew up in his face. Sort of the opposite of the midas touch.

Lastly, I think he's a little too old-fashioned for the NFL. (present health aside) He's an old school type businessman, who highly values loyalty, in the era of the quick buck and free agency. And as a team father figure, he has tried to "punnish" employees he deemed not loyal enough, ie, Wade, Polian, Butler, etc.

Now rightly or wrongly, that has given him a reputation in NFL circles as being difficult to deal with. Then the Wade Phillips incident damaged any credibility he had left with the NFL community. That's why no top-flight Coach will take the job here. I'm sure most feel they could win with the talent that has been here over the last decade, but who in their right mind would want to deal with Wison and his accountants and sycophats?

I really don't want the team to leave the area. I remember when the Braves left...it created a void. But something needs to change at 1BD, and I think it goes a lot deeper than the coaches and players.

Just my 2 cents.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2012, 09:14 AM

* The Bills go on a run of 8 wins over three seasons and attendance plummets. Some December games have as few as 35k fans.
* The Bills draft Kelly who cites weather and lousy attendance for his reason to sign with the Houston Gamblers.
* The Bills draft Bruce and bumbling Kay Stephenson has him on the second team for most of his rookie season playing only in obvious passing situations.
* Wilson fires Stephenson and hires the equally incompetent Hank Bullough to really drive the franchise into the toilet.
* The USFL folds and the NFL only allows Kelly to negotiate with the Bills.
* Ralph goes on the cheap again and hires nobody Bill Polian who makes the Bills a world class franchise for the first time in its history.
* With the USFL folding, Marv Levy is unemployed for two years and the only one willing to talk to him are the Bills who know he can be had cheap.
* Kent Hull is looking for work after the USFL tanks and calls his buddy Jim Kelly who gets him a tryout with the Bills.
* With no first round pick in the '88 draft, the Bills luck out when Thurman Thomas is seen as damaged goods and drops to the second round.

Things are all hunky-dory for a while and Bills fans figure Ralph has finally seen the light and given over management to people that know the game and has loosened his legendarily tight purse strings. Not being able to stand success and figuring it was his active management that orchestrated all of the above, Ralph fires Polian, the real lynch pin to the glory years, and the empire begins to crumble.

Fast forward to 2012 and the slide continues with no end in sight.

You should also add that if Doug Flutie had not decided to try his hand at the NFL again, we might be staring down the barrel of a 16 year run without playoffs. Ralph immediately corrected that by forcing Phillips to start Johnson and here we are.