Last Thread. Last Post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Last Thread. Last Post.

Not in anger, so much as resignation. I simply can no longer invest the time, energy, emotion or money in such a lost cause. Call me a fairweather fan, a rat deserting a sinking ship or whatever, but I can't watch this mess any longer.

I care deeply about many things, but not the Bills. I wish them luck, and I hope - for all of your sake - that they get better.

For me, I simply cannot, and do not, care anymore.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Last Thread. Last Post.

Weak

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I don't why I get so pissed because record-wise they are exactly where I thought they'd be at this point...but I also thought they would at least resemble a professional football team.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

San Fran set a franchise record for offense today.

think about that...

Montana... Young...

a record today.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          San Fran set a franchise record for offense today.

think about that...

Montana... Young...

a record today.
          Tittle, Brodie, etc...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Take this year off and return with the new coaching staff and QB next year.

Maybe a new owner with pride to boot.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
              Not in anger, so much as resignation. I simply can no longer invest the time, energy, emotion or money in such a lost cause. Call me a fairweather fan, a rat deserting a sinking ship or whatever, but I can't watch this mess any longer.

I care deeply about many things, but not the Bills. I wish them luck, and I hope - for all of your sake - that they get better.

For me, I simply cannot, and do not, care anymore.

Please post time to time, even if not about the Bills.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

This team is a team of quitters. They play tough in the first half and then just bend over and spread their ass cheeks after halftime.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I don't why I get so pissed because record-wise they are exactly where I thought they'd be at this point...but I also thought they would at least resemble a professional football team.
                  Exactly. Losing to the Jets, Patriots, and 49ers was not at all surprising. Coughing up ~140 points to them and getting completely dominated in every facet of the game is totally disheartening.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Jan your demise has been very noble. I'm sorry to say though there are too few lifeboats and no spots left in the ones that there are.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

Hurkey, you say that Jan's post/attitude is "weak". You have no idea what or whom you are talking about.

Let me put things in perspective. Both he and I have been Bills fans since the early 60's. Yes, that's 50 years. He has been one of the most faithful and optimistic Bills fans I know. This isn't a fair weather fan jumping off a bandwagon. It is someone worn down by years of disappointment and getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts by the team after getting your hopes up. It gets old after a while.

Frankly, I'm feeling the same way right now. There are a lot better things to invest your emotional energy in...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Don't blame you, under the current circumstances I'm not sure how much more I can take. Fan for 22 years, I'm reaching my limit.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

I've never ever seen so many long term fans at the end of their ropes. It's understandable of course. Jan I offer my thanks for years of good posting and best wishes going forward.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber View Post
                            Hurkey, you say that Jan's post/attitude is "weak". You have no idea what or whom you are talking about.

Let me put things in perspective. Both he and I have been Bills fans since the early 60's. Yes, that's 50 years. He has been one of the most faithful and optimistic Bills fans I know. This isn't a fair weather fan jumping off a bandwagon. It is someone worn down by years of disappointment and getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts by the team after getting your hopes up. It gets old after a while.

Frankly, I'm feeling the same way right now. There are a lot better things to invest your emotional energy in...
                            Ditto. My 1st game was 1965.

I'm getting far more enjoyment from college games on Saturday. I want to see a new owner, coaching staff, QB and more before becoming emotionally invested again. This current product is dead.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Mad Bomber View Post

Weak

- - - Updated - - -

At least you guys got to see some good times. I haven't seen anything good.

Comment

Working...
                              X