PDA

View Full Version : Has Coach Gailey lost the locker room?

Michael82
10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Even though he was a terrible head coach and pissed a lot of us off, the team always fought until the end for Dick Jauron. The last two weeks and even the first game have been embarassing. The team had come out of the locker room at halftime and looked uninspired and they appear to have given up. I wonder if the players are starting to question him and tune him out. If so, then this season is about to get even worse than it already is. At least with Jauron, the games were close and you could tell the team still cared. After watching last week and now today, I dont think they do anymore and it's very concerning. What do you guys think? :feedback:

alnilla
10-07-2012, 07:23 PM
We are screwed.....................

mrbojanglezs
10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
meaning, do you think the players have no faith in him and aren't trying? I don't think so

Michael82
10-07-2012, 07:28 PM
meaning, do you think the players have no faith in him and aren't trying? I don't think so

They arent this bad! And it looks like they are giving up two weeks in a row now, especially the defense. Maybe they are just quitting on Wannstedt.

mrbojanglezs
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
They arent this bad! And it looks like they are giving up two weeks in a row now, especially the defense. Maybe they are just quitting on Wannstedt.

I think our cornerbacks, linebackers, and one of our safeties are bad. And Wannstedt is stuck in 1980s style defense.....

I actually like Gailey and I think with a good QB his offense would be impressive. However, his judgment of still believing in Fitz and bringing on Wannstedt is questionable.

Interesting enough, last week during the presser a reporter asks if he will get involved in figuring out the defense and he simply said no. He is detaching himself from the defense he is trying to save his job, putting the blame on the coordinator

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2012, 07:32 PM
They are quitting on Gailey because he keeps putting Fitzputrid behind center.

Michael82
10-07-2012, 07:33 PM
They are quitting on Gailey because he keeps putting Fitzputrid behind center.

His love for Fitz will be the end of him. And frankly, Im fine with that. Im so sick of watching him attempt to throw the ball down the field and watch it sail over the WRs head every time. :ill:

streetkings01
10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Jauron teams fought until the end?!?!? They fought until the start of the 4th quarter before the defense just gives up. The only difference between Gaileys teams and Jaurons teams are one quits at half time and the other quits in the 4th

Night Train
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
His blind loyalty to Fitz and a clueless Wanny has doomed him.

Oaf
10-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Why should he do less of what he's good at, to babysit the defense. I like the offense Chan calls too. With our oline healthy, another WR talent, and a QB with a considerable increase in accuracy, the offense would be rolling.

That said, even Gailey is shooting us in the foot. Calling an HB wheel route on 3rd n 2, trying to get into FG range is unforgivable, as is calling a belly dive for CJ SPILLER at the goalline last week.

Interesting enough, last week during the presser a reporter asks if he will get involved in figuring out the defense and he simply said no. He is detaching himself from the defense he is trying to save his job, putting the blame on the coordinator

Meathead
10-07-2012, 07:42 PM
even if they love chan and would run through walls for him, when you lose that badly with absolutely no answers three of five at some point the confidence is going to crumble. some of that has to come from the players, but ultimately it will also come back to the coaches

if they had played well in even two of those three they could actually lose next week and have a shot at the postseason. but now their psyche has to be so fragile im not sure they could rebound after that. honestly i think they have to win in phoenix or the snowball is going to be too big to stop from steamrolling the season again. they would have to go 8-2 from that point on and a team that is losing this badly six games into the season is close to impossible to turn it all th way around to the opposite direction

if they lose badly again next week its going to be hard not to feel that coaching has failed the players somewhere. heck im already feeling that way, but one more week, just one more week, bam ouch baby im sorry come back

Skooby
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
We're bleeding out both ends right now, so I'd say that we're really in a what do we do now point in the season.

paladin warrior
10-07-2012, 07:57 PM
It this for real

bluerosekiller
10-07-2012, 08:21 PM
It this for real

As real as the cruel steel toed boots that have cracked your ribs & that have just begun to smash your teeth to bits as you lay there bleeding on the floor of the filthy, dark alley known as the 2012 Buffalo Bills season.

Skooby
10-07-2012, 08:36 PM
As real as the cruel steel toed boots that have cracked your ribs & that have just begun to smash your teeth to bits as you lay there bleeding on the floor of the filthy, dark alley known as the 2012 Buffalo Bills season.

Rough stuff man.

kingJofNYC
10-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Someone asked Marcell Dareus if he was embarrassed.

His reply, "It's just a game." Don't blame him, a comment like that should be expected from someone who recently lost a brother, you tend to look at the bigger picture and value other things. However, I do think there are lot a players on this team that just shrug off their play. "Who gives a ****, we're a joke anyway," seems to be the norm.

DynaPaul
10-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, this team is definitely quitting later on in the game. There's just no doubt about it. I think it's a combination of Wanny's poor designs and the offense just not getting it done. That can seriously be deflating. It might help to have our next defensive coordinator on the sideline.

Cntrygal
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
His love for Fitz will be the end of him. And frankly, Im fine with that. Im so sick of watching him attempt to throw the ball down the field and watch it sail over the WRs head every time. :ill:

Well, not EVERY time..... sometimes it like he's trying to play beer pong with the football & WR.

billsburgh
10-07-2012, 09:22 PM

or severely underthrown. either way, the receivers never have a chance to catch it.

imbondz
10-07-2012, 11:39 PM

yep. they are giving up. no question about it. they absolutely quit in the NE game.

Demon
10-07-2012, 11:45 PM

How does these last 2 games differ from the opening game vs. the Jets?

Only difference between our wins and loses is, the Chiefs have NOT led in ANY GAME yet and the Browns are 0-5. We beat two of the most brutal teams in the league.

Michael82
10-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Well, not EVERY time..... sometimes it like he's trying to play beer pong with the football & WR.
That's a good description of his underthrown passes.

Michael82
10-08-2012, 01:26 AM
or severely underthrown. either way, the receivers never have a chance to catch it.
Exactly! :ill:

jamze132
10-08-2012, 01:57 AM
There's more wrong with this team than just one thing. They get down on themselves and each other constantly. There's no confidence in each other and a division in the locker room is about to happen. WRs and the defense are about to turn on Fitz and Gailey and everyone is turning on the defense. Someone needs to man up in that lockerroom very soon or this team will blow up.