PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Goat

Oaf
10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
The unsung goat of the week goes to Kelvin Sheppard. There's a reason why Wannstedt "hid" the 4-3 last week by using Nickel exclusively, as he cannot (yet) run a correct gap, shed blocks, get out on a stretch play, or drop into coverage. Besides Barnett, we currently don't employ any linebackers worth a d***.

Here's how to beat the Bills D, in any set, with the run attack. Double Kyle Williams. Block Nick Barnett. Done.

Moats, Shep, and Scott can't even pull off a good Jeff Posey impression. Bradham was the only player (other than Barnett) able to actually make plays from the linebacking unit, and even he looked foolish when getting burned on misdirection. Bowman, Willis; Brandon Spikes, Mayo. Those are linebackers. Until we get them, and until George Wilson starts playing like he used to, expect the middle of our defense to continue to be penetrable.

I invite fans who find the courage to engage in the re-watch, or read any game grade sites, to place special attention on Sheppard and also Moats.

Skooby
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Moats is like the castle's lake in any current movie, always violated & crossed unrelentendly.

X-Era
10-07-2012, 08:02 PM
The unsung goat of the week goes to Kelvin Sheppard. There's a reason why Wannstedt "hid" the 4-3 last week by using Nickel exclusively, as he cannot (yet) run a correct gap, shed blocks, get out on a stretch play, or drop into coverage. Besides Barnett, we currently don't employ any linebackers worth a d***.

Here's how to beat the Bills D, in any set, with the run attack. Double Kyle Williams. Block Nick Barnett. Done.

Moats, Shep, and Scott can't even pull off a good Jeff Posey impression. Bradham was the only player (other than Barnett) able to actually make plays from the linebacking unit, and even he looked foolish when getting burned on misdirection. Bowman, Willis; Brandon Spikes, Mayo. Those are linebackers. Until we get them, and until George Wilson starts playing like he used to, expect the middle of our defense to continue to be penetrable.

I invite fans who find the courage to engage in the re-watch, or read any game grade sites, to place special attention on Sheppard and also Moats.

Sheppard is horrible. He is not starter quality. That said, neither is Barnett anymore. Time to start Bradham. He actually made a few plays.

Ingtar33
10-07-2012, 10:36 PM

I got news for you. Barnett isn't an NFL starter either. At least I'd have trouble finding another team he could start on in this league

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I got news for you. Barnett isn't an NFL starter either. At least I'd have trouble finding another team he could start on in this league

Sheppard makes barnett look like a hall of famer.

kingJofNYC
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Garbage across the board when it comes to our LBs. Awful stuff, DL is in the same boat.

Oaf
10-07-2012, 11:10 PM

Barnett forced fumbles and made goalline stands in consecutive weeks. Watch the tape. He might be on his last legs, but he'd start for most teams.

Bills Juggernaut
10-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Sheppard was really bad, but if you guys want a really good laugh, please watch Scott the last two games. It was embarrassing how bad he was out there yet they kept putting him in there.