PDA

View Full Version : What would you do next?

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Given where the Bills are, what would you do next?

imbondz
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Falcons. yuck.

if we continue to lose by 50 points, Wanny should be fired mid season. we're setting all time NFL records for total yards given up

OpIv37
10-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Wanny should be fired before I wake up tomorrow. But he won't be.

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Falcons. yuck.

if we continue to lose by 50 points, Wanny should be fired mid season. we're setting all time NFL records for total yards given up

Tried to pick a team with the least conflict w/ the Bills and is winning. Obviously couldn't say Pats. I'd rather eat hot garbage.

ServoBillieves
10-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Have always enjoyed the Falcons to be honest, they were that scrappy talented team that might sneak up on you.

Dave Wannstedt's (don't care how to spell his name anymore) team looks like the most pop warner, high school coverage you could get. "Well, if they catch the ball, you run up and get him down while being 10 yards off the receiver!" or "3 receivers?! Let's send out 3 corners so we're even!" or "4 man rush against a 5 man line plus a FB and HB coverage, well then huzzah there's no way that a spontaneous route can't be immediately covered by our young corners!" or "What the hell is a blitz?" or...

The list goes on and on. That pathetic joke of a "Defensive Coordinator" was fired by PITT for crying out loud, and is in charge?

Chan doesn't deserve to be fired, in all honesty. His QB can't throw deep one day and overthrows constantly the week after. The line does great, we have talent, but Chan needs a defensive guru on the staff as well. Guess where he is? Oh wait, he's not there.

Fire. Wanny.

Syderick
10-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Falcons. yuck.

At least the Bills can set records

Mr. Cynical
10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
At least the Bills can set records

Awful. Just. Awful.

DraftBoy
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Id remove Wanny as the DC and promote DL coach Giff Smith to DC. Under Smith at GT players like Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Vance Walker, Darryl Richard, Phillip Wheeler, Gerris Wilkinson, Dawan Landry, and Daryl Smith all became quality NFL draft picks. He knows how to get the most out of talent and understands how to run a 43.

EDS
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I think the Bills front office has made its bed and now needs to sleep in it. I am not a big fan of in-season coaching changes - though I firmly believe hiring Chan and later Wanny was a mistake from the beginning (even as a linebacker coach) - mostly because I rather have a new GM make the next coaching decisions.

I also think the Bills are going to finish with a 7-9 record due to the soft schedule in the last third of the season.

SABURZFAN
10-09-2012, 06:33 PM
let's just sign somebody else to a ridiculous contract to make sure that Ralph isn't cheap.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
The Falcons? Ha! The archetypical paper tigers that turn cold as Matty Ice come playoff time.

Seriously, I fire everybody. Move the team to LA at the first opportunity. Get the best head coach and GM I can find to rebuild the team from scratch. Do whatever it takes to trade up to the #1 pick.

And blackmail, blackmail, blackmail everyone to keep them honest.

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
I said to stay the course, even though I'd be totally fine with firing Wanny.

My point of view is this: even though Im quite disappointed with the results of the past 2 weeks, how many of you thought we had a shot against NE or SF? I know we were embarrassed in 3 out of 5 games this year, especially from a defensive standpoint, and thats why I am totally fine with making some changes on D.

I also am a huge Fitz homer, but I can be man enough to say that I now have very little faith that this guy is ever, ever going to make us a successful team. The turnovers he creates are simply terrible, and make our D look even worse. I was wondering today what the tipping point would be when Fitz would get benched. He does OK against bad defenses and when our running game can take pressure off of him, but I doubt he'll ever be able to sustain a winning level of football for more than a couple games where he gets hot.

It all boils down to the fact that our QB puts our D in bad situations, and our D isnt nearly as good as advertisted...i dont think they're as bad as they've shown lately, but they're not good. If there are 2 things you need to win, QB and defense are right up there, and neither are doing their job right now. Idk who the blame falls on but this homer is getting pretty frustrated, and thats hard to do.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd give these guys till the bye week to turn it around and if they don't then Wanny is fired at the minimum if not Gailey too. Gailey has proved to be worthless but we don't have anyone on the staff with any experience who can take his spot so we might as well stay with him for the rest of the season unless we end up 2-7, etc. If that happens then you need to fire him just out of principle.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I said to stay the course, even though I'd be totally fine with firing Wanny.

My point of view is this: even though Im quite disappointed with the results of the past 2 weeks, how many of you thought we had a shot against NE or SF? I know we were embarrassed in 3 out of 5 games this year, especially from a defensive standpoint, and thats why I am totally fine with making some changes on D.

I also am a huge Fitz homer, but I can be man enough to say that I now have very little faith that this guy is ever, ever going to make us a successful team. The turnovers he creates are simply terrible, and make our D look even worse. I was wondering today what the tipping point would be when Fitz would get benched. He does OK against bad defenses and when our running game can take pressure off of him, but I doubt he'll ever be able to sustain a winning level of football for more than a couple games where he gets hot.

It all boils down to the fact that our QB puts our D in bad situations, and our D isnt nearly as good as advertisted...i dont think they're as bad as they've shown lately, but they're not good. If there are 2 things you need to win, QB and defense are right up there, and neither are doing their job right now. Idk who the blame falls on but this homer is getting pretty frustrated, and thats hard to do.

There's no way you can be as bad as they have shown lately. They have been bad at historical levels and the only way to go is up from this point. With that said a decent defense doesn't get smoked like they have in 3 of the 5 games this season.

Beebe's Kid
10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I agree with the "stay the course" sentiment. I wouldn't be hurt if they fired Wanny, but I would hope that he can make some adjustments. I am not saying that he will...but if we can't hope, we don't have a lot to hang our hats on.