PDA

View Full Version : With a different QB.. are we a playoff team?

Oaf
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
If you take away the deep throw picks and the missed throws but keep the good reads and no-sack-taking, are we a playoff team?

Demon
10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Have you seen this defense play?

Mr. Pink
10-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't know if you combined the 1999 St Louis Rams Greatest Show on Turf offense with this defense if they'd be a Playoff team.

The offense is bad passing wise but this D likely couldn't stop ANY Division I offense let alone an NFL offense.

Syderick
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
No the Bills need alot

Turf
10-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Dif QB and DEf CO.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Not even close, but it would make an improvement. Be great to have QB that can lead a WR/TE/RB so they could make a play after the catch.

jills
10-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Different QB? more like different team.

Marcala12
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Here is my list of important positions/groups and our grade:

1) QB - D
2) Coaches - F
3) o-line - B+
4) d-line - B
5) Lb's- F
6) Secondary- D
7) Pass Catchers - C-
8) running backs - A+

IF those first two were an A grade we're a Super Bowl contender, if those first two were a B grade we're a playoff contender, and if those first two were a C grade we'd be an 8-8 type of team. But With Chan and Fitz we're breaking records for being historically s**ty

kishoph
10-08-2012, 02:27 AM
More so than any player or coach, Fitz is the biggest problem, he missed 3 sure TD's in the first half alone. Stevie had has man beat by 3-4 yds. at least and Fitz under threw him, Spiller had his man beat and Fitz under threw him and Jones was on the goalline and Fitz threw it behind him (although it was catchable). As for the defense, I try to cut them some slack, because it's hard to be out there for a whole half because the offense can't sustain a drive longer than 5 plays, but still there's some serious problems, Wannsteadt hasn't a clue, the same as last week, we were in the game, or should of been way ahead (see Fitz above), then in the 2nd half we get destroyed because Wannsteadt fails to adjust his defense at all. The safties are terrible. On short passes they are way to deep, then on long passes, they're playing up. I have never seen so many deep balls caught where the safety was not even in the picture. With the LB's, WTF was Kelvin Sheppard doing, the 49'ers continued to run through holes that Sheppard had just vacated for whatever reason. The D-Line runs looping stunts that haven't been used since the 80's (Wannsteadt). As far as Chan Gailey goes, I have supported him, but with his insistence to keep his fantasy that Fitz is an NFL QB going, is quickly changing my view. Plus his lack to hold any players or coaches accountable has gotten old. Still the biggest problem is, as long as Fitz remains the QB of this team, they'll will never beat anyone good.

YardRat
10-08-2012, 05:48 AM
No.

With a different defensive coordinator? Maybe.

With a better DC and QB? Definitely.

I feel bad for most of the roster...they deserve better.

coastal
10-08-2012, 06:55 AM
It's the organization really...

mjt328
10-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Probably not. This team defies all logic.

The Bills could have Don Shula at head coach, Joe Montana at quarterback and the 1985 Bears Defense -- and we would still find a way to lose.

RedEyE
10-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Yes! I mean there has to be some adjustments made to the defensive scheme... but if the offense could actually sustain a few drives per game (rather than turning the ball over and going 3 and out), the defense isn't left on the hook. With a good QB this is a different team. I like the everything about this offense with the exception of Fitz including play calling. Unfortunately, digging up a better QB is a quest in itself. I'm force to wonder if Tavarias Jackson wouldn't be a better option. At this point its worth a shot.

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 07:41 AM
i actually think the D could be better. they are in the games early. they are holding teams. but then the offense does nothing and then they come right back out. and it doesn't help they don't change anything up the entire game, but in the first half, they are decent. it's the second half that they fold. when they are put out there snap after snap, they get torched.

not sure how many other defenses could watch their QB miss all their chances early and still be in it.

Fitz has just regressed into nothing. his strongest attribute was that he believed he was good. now you can tell he doesn't even think that.

Gailey also has no control of these players.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
If you take away the deep throw picks and the missed throws but keep the good reads and no-sack-taking, are we a playoff team?

QBs play Defense now? I agree that Fitz is reaching levels of metaphysical sucktitude but our defense cannot stop anyone. I think you could truthfully ask this question if you were a chiefs fan, but this is not our problem. Our problem is our d can't stop ****.