PDA

View Full Version : I'd pull the trigger and trade for a LB

X-Era
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
What could we give?

Well, Hairston is a starting OT in this league IMO. And has shown he can start on the left side. I'd hate to lose him but he's got value.

As does Freddy/Spiller. I know, I know, I love them both too but if this team wants to do anything this year we must find a solution to this horrible defense. A quality LB is a good start. Spiller showed he can start and play at a very high level and we already know Freddy can start. I'd like to keep both but I think we would be OK if we moved one.

McKelvin?

And of course there's moving a pick(s). I mean if we go into the off-season with LB as one of our top needs and one we may fill in the first 3 rounds why not be willing to move one of those picks now for a proven player? Probably a mid-rounder is all that will be needed for a decent player and we get that starter this year instead of an unproven rookie.

DeMeco Ryans was moved for a 4th rounder and a swap of 3rds:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7715442/philadelphia-eagles-acquire-demeco-ryans-houston-texans

The trade needs to make sense but there no way around the clear need.

buffalobillsfan95
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I wanted Demeco Ryans, eagles got a good deal.

And maybe some houston familiarity could have made Mario Williams "super"

X-Era
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Who might be available though? A few years ago Hawk was rumored to be available. No clue who is on the market now.

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Defense keeps us in the first half of games. why trade performing parts for unknowns right now.

and why trade what potentially looks like very valuable draft options? I'm looking at a top 5 pick as is.

X-Era
10-08-2012, 10:12 AM
How about Rey Maulauga or Vincent Rey from Cinnci.

X-Era
10-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Defense keeps us in the first half of games. why trade performing parts for unknowns right now.

and why trade what potentially looks like very valuable draft options? I'm looking at a top 5 pick as is.Because why do we need to tank a season on defense when we have some players or pick(s) and a clear need?

This year I don't want to lose to get the highest pick. Maybe in other years but not this one.

kingJofNYC
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Rey Maualaga sucks, Cincy fans are always *****ing about him.

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
this team is a bunch of quitters and is quarterbackless. One lineback won't make a difference.

and the way this team has drafted the last 3 years has no depth, so when the new line backer goes down, we are still screwed. This team needs a depth upgrade and it needs a QB.

X-Era
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
this team is a bunch of quitters and is quarterbackless. One lineback won't make a difference.

and the way this team has drafted the last 3 years has no depth, so when the new line backer goes down, we are still screwed. This team needs a depth upgrade and it needs a QB.
Agree on both. I've consistently said we should be upgrading our depth with solid vets and that rookies should have to earn spots not have them handed to them.

But, it is what it is and we need to add some talent if we want any shot this year. LB is one spot.