PDA

View Full Version : How does Wannstadt keep his job?

OpIv37
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Let's put this in real world terms.

The company you work for is struggling in a particular area. The owner puts you in charge of a project to fix it. He gives your boss a virtual blank check to go out and get you the best tools and personnel currently available on the market, and your boss does just that. So, you take over with the new tools and personnel.

After slightly over a quarter of the year with you in charge, not only is the company still struggling in that area, it is worse off than before you took over and actually setting historic lows on several key metrics.

In what version of reality do you get to keep your job? What kind of owner and boss allow a sinking ship to keep sinking without at least attempting to save the people and cargo on board?

It's just insanity that this guy is still employed. He was a bad hire from the beginning, and he's proven to be worse than even the most ardent doubters thought he would be.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2012, 09:58 AM
In what version of reality does your boss & your boss' boss get to keep their jobs? If I was the owner I'd get rid of all 3 of them, but my order of firing would be from the top down, not the bottom up. The only reason Wanny is here is because Gailey hired him & the only reason Gailey is here is because Nix hired him & the only reason Nix is here is because Ralph hired him & you can't fire the owner, although most of us wish we could.

gebobs
10-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Watch last week's episode of 30 Rock and you may understand.

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
d isn't great, but they are being asked to do a ton right now. at 10-3, the game felt like it was over. they came up with a turnover to at least ask the offense to take a knee and end the half. instead, the offense turns it over and the d's work thus far is completely wasted.

wanny's refusal to change his approach is confusing, but i'm not sure what more the defense can do at this point? team is in the games in the first half with no thanks to the offense. since the second half of the patriots game, we've been outscored 90-10....what can a defense do with 10 points in 1.5 games?

jimmifli
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
d isn't great, but they are being asked to do a ton right now. at 10-3, the game felt like it was over. they came up with a turnover to at least ask the offense to take a knee and end the half. instead, the offense turns it over and the d's work thus far is completely wasted.

wanny's refusal to change his approach is confusing, but i'm not sure what more the defense can do at this point? team is in the games in the first half with no thanks to the offense. since the second half of the patriots game, we've been outscored 90-10....what can a defense do with 10 points in 1.5 games?
Absolutely. They quit, but I kind of understand it.

A goal line stand. A turnover to prevent a score. The team gets to go into halftime down only one score. The defense has been playing tough and if the offense can put together a drive there's a chance we can win. A few snaps later it's 17-3 and we're taking a knee before running to hide in the locker room.

Night Train
10-08-2012, 10:08 AM
How did Jerry Gray or George Edwards keep their jobs ? Seems like a broken record for DC's.

Ed
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
He gets to keep his job because he's under contract and Ralph has to pay him either way. That's all I can think of. I'd be curious to know what his terms are.

I didn't expect to win these past couple weeks, but when you perform so poorly you start setting records it's just flat out embarrassing.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213102-First-year-on-the-D-job-for-Dave-(the-stash)-Wannstedt-might-be-his-last-here/page6

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm slowly becoming convinced that Bills fans are getting major leagued.

kishoph
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM

It's not only the lack of points, the offense can not sustain a drive to give the defensive players any chance to catch their breath. There's also the field position, last week, the Pats average drive start in the 4th quarter was the Bills 30 yard line, this week was better, mainly because of Powell's leg. Still the defense is getting shredded in the 2nd half, our opponents make adjustments to their offense and Wannsteadt does nothing to stop them. Defenses also have called plays, yesterday it seemed the defense was always in the wrong play. I've never seen so many long passes with a safety nowhere in sight, the corners received absolutely no help over the top. Teams that are known for passing the ball, run on the Bills and teams know for running, pass on them. The defense is so predictable, the opposing QB's have having a field day coming to the line and changing plays. The defensive players are not playing good, but they are not being put in a position to succeed. Two things would help to turn this team around and that's changing the QB and changing the DC.

mrbojanglezs
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Gailey gave him 100% control of the defense, probably noone to take his place

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
He gives really good head and someone in the Bills front office is gay?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
He gives really good head and someone in the Bills front office is gay?

I apologize to all homosexuals for defaming your good names and ruining your reputation by saying that a homosexual is in the Bills front office.

HAMMER
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Stay classy Gibby.

The Toe Show
10-08-2012, 01:10 PM
And he sits in the box. Someone on the field needs to be in charge.

Jeff1220
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
While the defense is historically bad, the biggest problem on the team right now is Fitz.

Crisis
10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
While the defense is historically bad, the biggest problem on the team right now is Fitz.

The defense gives up record-setting #s ever week but our biggest problem is the QB?

Fitz is awful and a low-tier QB at best... but our defense is just on a whole other level of ineptness.

Jeff1220
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
The offense giving up the ball and their inability to sustain a drive or stay on the field contributes to the poor defensive numbers.

YardRat
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Absolutely. They quit, but I kind of understand it.

A goal line stand. A turnover to prevent a score. The team gets to go into halftime down only one score. The defense has been playing tough and if the offense can put together a drive there's a chance we can win. A few snaps later it's 17-3 and we're taking a knee before running to hide in the locker room.

The defense sucked in the first half also (save for one or two instances) and the only reason the score was that tight toward the end of the half is because SanFran's offense kept shooting themselves in the foot w/penalties. That being said, Fitz hits just one or two of those horrid longer throws and it's a different ball game also.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Do you guys realize that Wannstedt isn't involved in any of the teams pregame scheme planning? Gailey just lets him do his own thing. Gailey is a really bad head coach. He's just as big of a problem as Wannstedt.

Mouldsie
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
How did Jerry Gray or George Edwards keep their jobs ? Seems like a broken record for DC's.
Well, Jerry Gray kept his job because he had the #2 defense in the NFL at the time.

Novacane
10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm still wondering why this idiot got the job in the first place.