Did we need to spend $100 Miilion on one guy when we're horrible ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Did we need to spend $100 Miilion on one guy when we're horrible ??

Mario looks worse than putting $200 Million into a ~40 year old stadium, how much shine can you get on a turd ?
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Did we need to spend $100 Miilion on one guy when we're horrible ??

I am so sick of people questioning this move. We have *****ed and moaned for EVER that we don't spend money on free agents, blah blah blah. We FINALLY do. And now 5 games in, we shouldn't have? Give me a break. He's a good player, Im happy we have him.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
      I am so sick of people questioning this move. We have *****ed and moaned for EVER that we don't spend money on free agents, blah blah blah. We FINALLY do. And now 5 games in, we shouldn't have? Give me a break. He's a good player, Im happy we have him.
      He is a good player, on a horribly coached team. So where exactly are we going ?

Comment

• THRILLHO
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        He is a good player, on a horribly coached team. So where exactly are we going ?
        Would you rather have him, or not? If we didn't spend the money on him would we have spent it anywhere else?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Would you rather have him, or not? If we didn't spend the money on him would we have spent it anywhere else?
          I'd rather have a Peyton Manning type guy & spend $100 Million on a winner versus a variable that can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

I'd rather have a Peyton Manning type guy & spend $100 Million on a winner versus a variable that can't stay healthy.
            What is a 'Peyton Manning type guy?' Who exactly is that?

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
              • Jan 2010

what a dumb thread. The money doesn't even come from the same place for these 2 different things

Comment

• Blondie
                Smarter than most men here :-)
                • Aug 2012

Y'all should have signed TEBOW!
                I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

I agree with you here. For the fans that *****ed and moaned, you got what you wanted.

Wasn't a big fan of the signing myself, thought it was a bit irresponsible, but most of the fan base wanted this to happen. IF I didn't have a Texans fan as a friend I would have probably been more excited by the move, but his Mario rants are embedded in my memory for life.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    We could of handed Peyton a blank check & filled it in the same way, so it's about having a known winner.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

We could of handed Peyton a blank check & filled it in the same way, so it's about having a known winner.
                      Peyton would have flushed the check down the toilet, winners don't go to Buffalo.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                        Will not tolerate vandalism.
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        Well, Peyton Manning WAS available... AHEM.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          • Feb 2009

Peyton was looking at playoff-Super Bowl caliber teams. The Niners, the Broncos. Miami wanted him and I dont think he even visited them.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

I guess we could have had Vincent Jackson instead? I'll take the DE who is 4 years younger

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Mario looks worse than putting $200 Million into a ~40 year old stadium, how much shine can you get on a turd ?
                              That depends on who your asking. lol You know why they went and spent that kind of money on the guy. It sold tickets. The Bills had what, 3 home games sold out by the end of pre-season? Gold.

Comment

Working...
                              X