Call me crazy, but I only see one major problem with the Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Call me crazy, but I only see one major problem with the Bills

I hate to say it, because I like the guy as a player, but the big reason we're losing is our QB, specifically because of his turnovers. I know our defense has been terrible and needs to be fixed. I'm assuming they will revert to just bad instead of terrible.

If you go back all the way through to the beginning of last season, we win 90% of the games where we win the turnover battle. We lose 100% of the games we lose the battle. We split the games where it's even. Look it up, I'm way too lazy to link it for you. I found the ESPN NFL scoreboard to be the easiest place to look at the stats.

I know it's cliche, but it's glaringly obvious to me. We don't turn the ball over, we win. Simple as that. And Fitzy likes to turn the ball over.

It's time to see if TJ has any future with this team, and that would be as a backup.

Put him in, replace wandsteadt with a ham sandwich, and I bet we win half our remaining games.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Call me crazy, but I only see one major problem with the Bills

You just came to that realization now? I've been saying it since the Eagles game last year.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
      You just came to that realization now? I've been saying it since the Eagles game last year.
      In a way. We all knew he was loose with the football when he became the full time starter. I was hoping another 2 years of maturity and experience would tighten that aspect of his game up. If anything, it's worse.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      I love Weiner.
      also cheese

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

He truly sucks in a major way. The worse part about it, is that Chan still thinks Fitzputrid has "it."

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

But Chan Gailey is such a QB guru, he turned Fitzpatrick's career around. Sorry, but you can't blame Fitzpatrick, he's been great ever since Chan got his hands on him, and Lee has improved on Gailey's masterpiece. Haven't you been reading the posts here the past 3 years? Chan is a QB guru & Fitzpatrick is a shining example of his work. Imagine where we'd be without Chan & Fitzpatrick, I know I can.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

That's one, but there's three more. A GM/HC/DC who wouldn't hold the same position on any other team in the league. Correct all four and we may be on our way.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
              That's one, but there's three more. A GM/HC/DC who wouldn't hold the same position on any other team in the league. Correct all four and we may be on our way.
              easier said than done. don't get me wrong, I like fitz, but he's got to go. that int on the goal line was horrible, I could have made a better throw than that and I'm a lineman! the problem is that he can't find that happy medium with his throws, he's either 10 yards deep or 10 yards short of his receiver and that puts the defender in perfect position most of the time. start with a new QB and go from there, I think Gailey could work out, but he's got to stop having favorites on the team (i.e. Fitz and Thigpen).
              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• mjt328
                • May 2011

Listen, I've been ready to replace Fitzpatrick since mid-2010.

But even Peyton Manning, Dan Marino and Joe Montana in their prime couldn't overcome this defense.

1,200 yards in TWO games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                The level of pathetic-ness (not sure if that's a word, but if fits) is insane.
                I don't care if the offense turns the ball over 10 times per game. Those numbers are worse than terrible.
                2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                Posted During the 2013 Draft
                1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

The owner. Nothing gets fixed with Ralph,
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

what is really damning for Fitz is that the line looks pretty good. they run block well and the pass blocking is there most plays. Losman and Edwards got crushed under terrible lines. maybe they could have had different lives if they grew up with this run game and this line play. probably not, but fitz has time and a pocket. it's inexcusable.

I look for the bills to drop a turd larger than the last two games in arizona. sad but true.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      what is really damning for Fitz is that the line looks pretty good. they run block well and the pass blocking is there most plays. Losman and Edwards got crushed under terrible lines. maybe they could have had different lives if they grew up with this run game and this line play. probably not, but fitz has time and a pocket. it's inexcusable.
                      Fitz does play a part in that, Fitz is extremely quick with the ball. Now, he does seem to be too quick and to make horrendous throws based on blown pre-snap reads. But, he is definitely playing his part with the low sack rate.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Fitz has been bad, but the defense has been historically bad. Inconceivably bad.

Fitz turned the ball over once yesterday, and after the game was already out of hand. Chandler's fumble was way more damaging.
                        When the defense just lets the other team do whatever it wants, and you fall behind by 7, by 14, by 21, by 28 ... most of your playbook goes out the window.

The 49ers took the lead for good by going 79 yards in two plays. Their next drive started at their 3, and their march down the field was only briefly interrupted by an exchange of fumbles. They score right before halftime, and it's over right there.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Fitzpatrick is Problem 1B...Wannstadt is 1A.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Philagape View Post
                            Fitz has been bad, but the defense has been historically bad. Inconceivably bad.

Fitz turned the ball over once yesterday, and after the game was already out of hand. Chandler's fumble was way more damaging.
                            When the defense just lets the other team do whatever it wants, and you fall behind by 7, by 14, by 21, by 28 ... most of your playbook goes out the window.

The 49ers took the lead for good by going 79 yards in two plays. Their next drive started at their 3, and their march down the field was only briefly interrupted by an exchange of fumbles. They score right before halftime, and it's over right there.
                            Exactly. I put the blame on Fitz last week because his turnover frenzy prevented the Bills from slowing the New England juggernaut. But this one was on the defense. At one point, while the game was still in reach, we had the 49ers backed up to 3rd and 11 on their own goal line. They conservatively hand the ball off up the middle to gain a few yards for their punter. He winds up gaining 15 yards and getting the first, on a play where the 49ers were basically playing for the punt.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

I look for the bills to drop a turd larger than the last two games in arizona. sad but true.
                              I'm a little bit concerned about the interior...they seem to get pushed back into Fitz's face too often and too easily.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X