PDA

View Full Version : what does russ brandon do exactly?

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
It seems to me that he might be the biggest issue. as the number 2 guy and essentially the "brains" behind everything with Wilson sick and in mid90's, i think it's becoming clear that the meddling and the issues with this team come right to his doorstep. Why do we need a guy like him running this team? How did he become the surrogate owner?

What is his role and why has the team had zero success since he has been here? There is no reason for a CEO of the team to be a baseball guy intially who has failed in every role. As GM, failed. As CEO to bring in a top notch GM, failed. To bring in a coach, failed. Having moderately successful teams, failed. Why is he here? And what is motivation.

My thoughtis that he has some piece of the pie and is going to benefit greatly when the team is sold. He doesn't give two ****s about this team, the area, or the fans. He's a kid in the candy store and he's unchecked.

We should have a sign for this guy to resign.

more cowbell
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
He is the brains behind relocating this team. And his plan is working.

BuffaloWingEater
10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
He advertises suits for Napoli's.

HAMMER
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
People are lookig to throw blame at anyone today, who's next, the janitor, the midget?

trapezeus
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
are you kidding? anyone under the bus? This guy has kept consolidating the power so it all runs through him. it's either a brilliant coup or he just wanted all this to prove he knows what he's doing. but the results speak for themself. Yes, wilson has been terrible from 1960-2000, but he has slowed down considerably and i see brandon as a mister smithers. but unlike the cartoon, mr burns has an infinite time here on earth. and smithers is next up.

There is just no way any of us would have run a team like this if given a chance to represent our hometown club.

and my point isn't the conspiracy theory. it is, "what is it that he does that requires him to be here?" if he is as useless as he seems (aside from being a marketing genius who sells football tickets in buffalo, what next does he have a great sales record at selling brownies at weight watchers?), he is the meddling piece that makes other talented coaches say, "i don't want to be here."

The bills cost structure is so messed up. it's not all the players. it is the coaches and back office. the turnover in players is too much to invest too much in the players. you need the scouts and the coaches to pull in a constant stream of people who cna buy into your system and deliver. We haven't had either in 10 years. law of averages, you have to get it right.

I can't believe someone could actually think brandon isn't part of the problem.

YardRat
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Brandon is the least of this team's problems, IMO.

BillsFever21
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
He is the marketing manager who helps the Bills be in the Top 10 in net profits. That's the most important number to this team.

Extremebillsfan247
10-08-2012, 04:43 PM
It seems to me that he might be the biggest issue. as the number 2 guy and essentially the "brains" behind everything with Wilson sick and in mid90's, i think it's becoming clear that the meddling and the issues with this team come right to his doorstep. Why do we need a guy like him running this team? How did he become the surrogate owner?

What is his role and why has the team had zero success since he has been here? There is no reason for a CEO of the team to be a baseball guy intially who has failed in every role. As GM, failed. As CEO to bring in a top notch GM, failed. To bring in a coach, failed. Having moderately successful teams, failed. Why is he here? And what is motivation.

My thoughtis that he has some piece of the pie and is going to benefit greatly when the team is sold. He doesn't give two ****s about this team, the area, or the fans. He's a kid in the candy store and he's unchecked.

We should have a sign for this guy to resign.
Brandon is like a mediator. He is essentially Ralph Wilson's eyes and ears at One Bills Drive. He is responsible for reporting the everyday operations to Ralph Wilson, financially, and team wise. He is also the team's marketing manager. Buddy Nix is in charge of all team management when it comes to coaching, and player personnel.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
He cries about games aren't sold out when he puts a pathetic team out on the field.

Philagape
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
He gets people to buy tickets to this crap. That makes him the most talented member of the organization.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
He's the de facto owner. Ralph's almost 94 years old and, like it or not, has left the Bills in Russ Brandon's hands until Ralph dies. He's president of the team in everything but name (Ralph won't hand that title over after the Donahoe debacle)-- basically, what Larry Quinn was for the Sabres, Russ Brandon is for the Bills. So for all of you blaming ownership... that's Russ Brandon's job.

DraftBoy
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
He's a business man who Ralph trusts too much in terms of football ops decisions, or at least did. There is little to suggest that he's as involved as he once was in terms of on the field decisions.

coastal
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
speaking of looking to blame.

this organization was facing a full-fledged fan revolt of their ****ty product this past offseason.

They threw $100 million at a guy who hasn't produced decent numbers on the field in 4 years.

What did you all do? Bought it hook, line and sinker!

Blame?

look in the ****ing mirror.

DraftBoy
10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
speaking of looking to blame.

this organization was facing a full-fledged fan revolt of their ****ty product this past offseason.

They threw $100 million at a guy who hasn't produced decent numbers on the field in 4 years.

What did you all do? Bought it hook, line and sinker!

Blame?

look in the ****ing mirror.

No you're just making things up for the hell of it. He had 9 sacks four years ago and 8 the year there after. To act like he has not put up 'decent numbers' in four years is completely and utterly wrong.

coastal
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
No you're just making things up for the hell of it. He had 9 sacks four years ago and 8 the year there after. To act like he has not put up 'decent numbers' in four years is completely and utterly wrong.
9 sacks four years ago and 8.5 three years ago is worth making someone the highest paid defensive linemen in the league?

really?

DraftBoy
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
9 sacks four years ago and 8.5 three years ago is worth making someone the highest paid defensive linemen in the league?

really?

I didn't say that, I said that your assertion that he hasn't put up decent numbers in over four years was flat wrong and made up.

Meathead
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
the midget is cheap

coastal
10-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I didn't say that, I said that your assertion that he hasn't put up decent numbers in over four years was flat wrong and made up.
ranked 16th and tied for 24th in the league in sacks in those years.

that's before two injury plagued years that saw even less production.

I'm sorry... is that decent production for a $100 million player? the highest paid on the d-line in the history of the game?