PDA

View Full Version : This should lighten the mood..

Bone
10-08-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EngM7HmUA

miss these days sadly...even though I was only 11! :gobills:

ParanoidAndroid
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
That was an awesome hit! Gotta give Brady some actual credit there. He got right up and jogged to the sideline.

THRILLHO
10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Today hitting Brady like that would result in 15 yards and a $21,000 fine.

Buffalogic
10-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Brady is a badass, period. Anyone who says anything different is just a total jealous hater

BLeonard
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Today hitting Brady like that would result in 15 yards and a $21,000 fine.

And, most likely, an ejection from the game on top of the penalty and fine.

-Bill

Buffalogic
10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
And, most likely, an ejection from the game on top of the penalty and fine.

-Bill
Except Brady was out of the pocket and ahead of the line of scrimmage. As the ball carrier at that point he could have been smashed helmet to helmet and brutalized and no flag would have come. Even in 2012. Soooo there's that.

Refer to the RG3 hit yesterday...

tysonlee
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I say this with the caveat that I only got to see parts of the 2nd half. So Im trying to see if others noticed.

BLeonard
10-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Except Brady was out of the pocket and ahead of the line of scrimmage. As the ball carrier at that point he could have been smashed helmet to helmet and brutalized and no flag would have come. Even in 2012. Soooo there's that.

Refer to the RG3 hit yesterday...

Tom Brady is the poster boy for the NFL... RG3 is a rookie.

Watch the Bills/Pats game again and explain to me why there was no flag for a high/low on Fitz, while Kyle Williams was not only flagged, but fined for grazing Brady's leg while he still had the ball...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CtFPUm-9Tg0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-Bill

Buffalogic
10-09-2012, 12:18 AM
^ he's in the pocket behind the line of scrimmage. He's not carrying the ball at that point. Those examples are unrelated.

Mike
10-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Tom Brady is the poster boy for the NFL... RG3 is a rookie.

Watch the Bills/Pats game again and explain to me why there was no flag for a high/low on Fitz, while Kyle Williams was not only flagged, but fined for grazing Brady's leg while he still had the ball...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CtFPUm-9Tg0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

-Bill

There are always inconsistencies in NFL games. One ref calls it one way another another way. One times its called one thing, the next time something else.... Thats a human and in perfect part of the game, human error.

BLeonard
10-09-2012, 12:33 AM
^ he's in the pocket behind the line of scrimmage. He's not carrying the ball at that point. Those examples are unrelated.

As was Fitz...

But, you want Brady scrambling? Fine: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824ef07c/Fair-penalty

Fletcher's hit is much more tame than Nate Clements' hit above...The difference is, Nate's hit came before Brady was a Super Bowl winning QB.

-Bill

Buffalogic
10-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Brady was in mid slide in the second video.

BLeonard
10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
There are always inconsistencies in NFL games. One ref calls it one way another another way. One times its called one thing, the next time something else.... Thats a human and in perfect part of the game, human error.

Just find it odd that the "human error" always seems to favor the Tom Bradys of the game and never the Ryan Fitzpatricks...

-Bill

BLeonard
10-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Brady was in mid slide in the second video.

Uh-huh.... Sorry, but when Dan Dierdorf is questioning a call the favors the Pats, you know it's pretty bad.

I don't blame the officials too often for bad calls, and the penalty last week certainly didn't cost the Bills the game, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that watches football with any sense of regularity that some QB's get calls that other QB's do not.

-Bill

kishoph
10-09-2012, 03:41 AM
Uh-huh.... Sorry, but when Dan Dierdorf is questioning a call the favors the Pats, you know it's pretty bad.

I don't blame the officials too often for bad calls, and the penalty last week certainly didn't cost the Bills the game, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that watches football with any sense of regularity that some QB's get calls that other QB's do not.

-Bill

With the Williams flag/fine, Williams was on the ground and swiped Brady with his arm, opposed to the Pats Cunningham, who launched himself into Fitz's legs, hitting him with his helmet and shoulder pads. Big difference in the severity of the hits, yet the Bills were flagged and the Pats were not. Brady has always received preferential treatment (see Tuck rule game). I don't know if it's because Brady is a "star" in the NFL, or the officials are intimidated by Bilichick.