PDA

View Full Version : Should have drafted Mallett

Buffalogic
10-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Look at the crisis we are in now. We had a first round talent at qb drop and drop and drop. We passed on him four times. Why? because we had Fitzpatrick? Even if Fitzpatrick was a legitimate qb, what's the issue? The Patriots didn't seem to have a problem drafting the kid, even when they had the best qb in the league. What's the bills excuse? Now we have no backup plan and nowhere to turn.

But don't worry, it'll get worse. Now instead of having a talented qb ourselves (for a change), we just get to face him after he learns how to play the position under a HoF qb and HoF coach. Just in time to continue the patriots storied tradition of humiliating our favorite team. The bills have nobody to blame but themselves for the position they find themselves in.

Skooby
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I'll blame the staff for this oversight.

kingJofNYC
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Mallett would be a strung out junky if we drafted him.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
it's not just this case. it is beyond bizzare that this team refuses to take the qb when they need it most.

how jaroun in 06 didnt take cutler and how nix didnt trade up for newton take dalton or trade up for griffin, is beyond me.

i literally cant explain it. i mean, if they had just the slightest doubt, you take the qb.... duh

GingerP
10-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Mallett hasn't even thrown his first career pass in the NFL. Yeah, it wouldn't have hurt to draft him, but who knows if he can play in the NFL?

don137
10-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Mallett hasn't even thrown his first career pass in the NFL. Yeah, it wouldn't have hurt to draft him, but who knows if he can play in the NFL?

Agreed, but the problem is Fitzpatrick has thrown a pass in the NFL and we know he can't play and the guys behind him on the depth chart are worse. I think people are getting the point where they rather go with an unknown since the known is Fitz sucks.
To not have anyone grooming to take over for Fitz just makes matters worse since that means we are not just a year away from competing again.

OpIv37
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
it's not just this case. it is beyond bizzare that this team refuses to take the qb when they need it most.

how jaroun in 06 didnt take cutler and how nix didnt trade up for newton take dalton or trade up for griffin, is beyond me.

i literally cant explain it. i mean, if they had just the slightest doubt, you take the qb.... duh

Disagree with some of the specific players mentioned because they were too risky at the time of the draft, but I agree with the general sentiment.

Our drafts have been terrible, and it's compounded by going back and looking at the guys who were taken within 4-5 picks of our choices (ie, guys we could have had that wouldn't have been reaches).

Drafting isn't an exact science, but this team has been remarkably bad at it. And other teams have been significantly better over extended periods of time. So clearly, the Bills are doing something drastically wrong.