PDA

View Full Version : just a thought, but the team lacks fire.... bring back merriman?

NOT THE DUDE...
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
since anderson and johnson are both hurt, why not bring back merriman to rush on 3rd down. but mostly, the team lacks passion and guts right now?

what do you think?

zone
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I agree. I thought he showed more heart and talent in the few snaps he played last year than anyone on this defense with the exception of Bradham. Everyone is going to say he is a injured bum and no other team wanted him but he is a veteran that played like his hair was on fire. Use him on 3rd down and as a leader in the locker room.

kingJofNYC
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM
You're having a meltdown, relax. Nothing is fixing this **** heap overnight.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
THIS IS WHAT I LITERALLY DONT GET. it's mind boggling. how did wanny go from a top 10 d-coordinator, well respected defensive mind who has had top defenses, to worse then george edwards???? wtf?

i mean, if the d would have played like a top 10 unit, maybe we beat the pats and maybe we lose closer games to the jets and 9ers... we would be 3-2 with a totally different mindset.

i think that was the plan all along.

let fitz and the o do their thing, and play great d...

w/e ugh

kingJofNYC
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Secondary sucks, linebackers have sucked for years and they refuse to draft upgrades, and Wanny hasn't been NFL relevant for over a decade. Pretty easy to understand. All he wants to do is play simple man coverage and rush 4. This isn't the 70s.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Secondary sucks, linebackers have sucked for years and they refuse to draft upgrades, and Wanny hasn't been NFL relevant for over a decade. Pretty easy to understand. All he wants to do is play simple man coverage and rush 4. This isn't the 70s.

but dude, how does shepp, bradham, moats, williams, searcy all suck.

is the drafting that bad? i mean, come on...

wanny may be old, but seriously, the game is not that different from the early 2000 miami ds that were awesome...

kingJofNYC
10-09-2012, 02:47 PM
The entire 2010 draft is ****, why should the recent choices be any different?

What's even more entertaining is that Carrington is outperforming Dareus in his limited snaps according to Profootballfocus.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
The entire 2010 draft is ****, why should the recent choices be any different?

What's even more entertaining is that Carrington is outperforming Dareus in his limited snaps according to Profootballfocus.

i just dont get it... how can a team be this bad for this long with the way the nfl has changed

jdaltroy5
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
No one wants to see their emotional leader on the sideline with an ice pack strapped to every major joint.

Cali512
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I liked Merriman to and i think he got screwed. He was a major part of the supposed 2012 team, and i wonder if players were pissed we let him go. We give that guy so much hype till the last day, then cut him? It just seems stupid.

kingJofNYC
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
They hyped him because he's a name that people recognize. Fans aren't going to come out and watch because we have Donald Jones on the roster. This is the type of **** they've been pulling for years.

Lets get Stroud, who was on the decline. Same **** with TO, Merriman, and now Mario. Get a big name every few years and show the fans you're trying, even though they draft like ****, have a **** front office, castoff HC, and terrible coordinators. "We tried!"

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
i just dont get it... how can a team be this bad for this long with the way the nfl has changed

Because Ralph hires horrible people for the cheapest that he can get in the front office and coaching staff. The front office hires the coaches, drafts the players, signs/re-signs players. All of the decisions are made from the top down and are the most important part of the team. If you lack a credible front office then you end up with horrible coaches, drafts, etc.

Mr. Miyagi
10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
What's Bryce Paup doing these days?

JoeMama
10-09-2012, 04:41 PM
No quick fixes here.

Either this defense learns to gel and takes pressure off the offense or they don't.

Wanny inspires zero confidence at this point.

There's simply no excuse for a defense this talented to under perform at such record levels.

The youth in our secondary is being exploited and a lot of it has to do with the absence of a pass rush.

Kyle Williams is the only player who really seems cued in right now.

cocamide
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Bring back Moorman. He was clearly our defensive leader.

BillsFever21
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Merriman was washed up or he would've made the team with the worse group of LB's in the NFL or at the very least would've been picked up by someone else. In his entire time here he spent most of the time inactive due to injuries. He had a great 4 years after he was drafted and was juiced up but his time was done after that. He doesn't have anything to offer.

Of course the Bills were dumb enough to give him about 10 millions dollars during his short period of time here. He made out pretty good for about the 5 games he played in.

lmcshadow
10-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Your right about Marriman, hes the only Bill during camp that always showed the fire. Bring him back if only for P.R purposes

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree. I thought he showed more heart and talent in the few snaps he played last year than anyone on this defense with the exception of Bradham. Everyone is going to say he is a injured bum and no other team wanted him but he is a veteran that played like his hair was on fire. Use him on 3rd down and as a leader in the locker room.

He head over heels better than Moats.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2012, 02:54 PM
The guy is only 28 years old. If Takeo Spikes can come back from a completely ruptured achilles why can't Merriman come back? His wasn't even completely torn. It did take Takeo two years to get back to some resemblance of an nfl linebacker.

This is not a post as to say that the Bills should bring him back. I just don't get the bull**** talk that he is completely washed up. He is also a 3-4 linebacker. Could be why he was cut, just like Dwan Edwards, as he was a 3-4 defensive end.

YardRat
10-14-2012, 08:08 AM
but dude, how does shepp, bradham, moats, williams, searcy all suck.

is the drafting that bad? i mean, come on...

wanny may be old, but seriously, the game is not that different from the early 2000 miami ds that were awesome...

It isn't the talent, it's the coaching. When that many players take turns being out of position to make plays that consistently, it's the scheme not the players. Wannstadt is ****ing clueless.

YardRat
10-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Regarding the op, Merriman should have never been released to begin with.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Regarding the op, Merriman should have never been released to begin with.

Indeed. He would have been the best linebacker on this team. Except maybe Barnett. The rest of these guys stink.

Albany,n.y.
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
since anderson and johnson are both hurt, why not bring back merriman to rush on 3rd down. but mostly, the team lacks passion and guts right now?

what do you think?
I think it's pretty bad that Buddy Nix is making personnel decisions based on what he's reading on message boards.

Actually, congrats on the post. I can't remember the last time someone posted a proposed move that the team actually made.

OLDSRIP
10-15-2012, 03:16 PM

what do you think?

Good job op. maybe they are listening to you. Make. QB suggestion next. We can only hope.