PDA

View Full Version : Suck for Luck

Mike
10-09-2012, 12:08 PM
If you could magically and intentionally have sucked for Luck last year and drafted him #1 or RG3 #2 would you do it?

* I have complained for years about this. The Bills just need to really suck for a couple of years, so they can get a guy like Luck, or RG3. Picking 12 overall wont help you get that type of prospect and the Bills pass over any other great prospect that falls (Dalton, Gronk, etc)

Many of you have a problem with losing on purpose or cheering that the Bills lose at all. This makes no sense to me, as I prefer the Bills lose for 2-3 years which will happen anyways and loose big versus lose for the next 15 years! Seeing how their plan is turning out, if you could go back in time, would you take that trade, lose more than, and have Luck now?

Mr. Miyagi
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Yes

ParanoidAndroid
10-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Draft smart and hope you get lucky. Trade up for JP Losman or draft a QB later (Matt Schaub) and maybe use your first rounder next season (Aaron Rogers)? Good teams trade down and increase their chances, desperate teams trade up and often swing and miss because they are pressing for a certain position.

Tank a whole season and risk losing the respect of your players just to get a QB who may or may not be some sort of savior? No. You play to the best of your ability and let those chips fall where they may.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Well obviously, if I could go back and sacrifice a 6-10 suckfiesta for Andrew Luck I would do it instantly. But I would not have been willing when we were sitting at 5-2 with a win over the Pats.

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
No, I wouldn't have because I don't believe in magic.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2012, 02:47 PM
No because they would of drafted a CB