PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sal

Yasgur's Farm
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Please help with some info... What is Chan Gailey's contract duration with teh Bills? I've searched on and off for 6 months to no avail.

I swear I remeber him signing a 5 year deal. He never appears in any list of lame duck coaches. But many other posters on various boards think it's a 3 year deal.

Anyone else who has 2 cents on this topic... Please provide a link.

jdaltroy5
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty positive it's a three year deal.

Sorry, no link. Just going from memory.

mrbojanglezs
10-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I have asked a lot of people did a lot of google searching and this is the only link I could find says 3 years this information was hard to find.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/chan-gailey/

Skooby
10-09-2012, 07:53 PM
It was 3 years with a hand-off plan, I think it's actually to Dave W. :(

jdaltroy5
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM

That's not even the least bit funny.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Well, our experience with Spiller and Jackson shows that Chan doesn't believe in hand-offs.

Yasgur's Farm
10-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I have asked a lot of people did a lot of google searching and this is the only link I could find says 3 years this information was hard to find.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/chan-gailey/ Thanks for your research MBJ... But if that link is all there is out there, and Gailey never appears on a list of lame duck HC's, it's still inconclusive in my book.

Coach Sal?

Bone
10-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Coach Sal, what are you taking from the locker room atmosphere? When interviewing the players what are you getting from them mentality wise.

billsburgh
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
since this is his third year as the HC, and if his contract was for three years, there would have been alot more talk about whether or not to extend him and going into the season with a lame duck coach. therefore I think there must be at least another year on his contract.

mrbojanglezs
10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
since this is his third year as the HC, and if his contract was for three years, there would have been alot more talk about whether or not to extend him and going into the season with a lame duck coach. therefore I think there must be at least another year on his contract.

You would think. It's weird how hush hush chan's contract is

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/chan-gailey/

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2012, 10:34 AM
It's a 3 year contract.

Yasgur's Farm
10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
There's obviously some doubt as to the validity of that 1 questionable link.

Of course, I have zero links supporting a more than 3 year deal. That evidence is more or less what billsburgh reiterated... ZERO lame duck talk EVER!

trapezeus
10-10-2012, 11:54 AM
it would be so shocking if they gave out more than a 3 year deal. it's not like a player contract. it's guaranteed. So i would think they'd give him the standard length so they can keep refreshing at lower and lower rates.

that's the cynical side of me talking, but from a business standpoint, if you really did go after the big coaches and they all said no, you are settling for a second choice. and if you are settling for a second choice, why would you break the bank for something you know has some warts on it. if it didn't, it would have been your top choice.

OpIv37
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
it would be so shocking if they gave out more than a 3 year deal. it's not like a player contract. it's guaranteed. So i would think they'd give him the standard length so they can keep refreshing at lower and lower rates.

that's the cynical side of me talking, but from a business standpoint, if you really did go after the big coaches and they all said no, you are settling for a second choice. and if you are settling for a second choice, why would you break the bank for something you know has some warts on it. if it didn't, it would have been your top choice.

I don't think this is cynical- I think it's the reality.

ESPN had an article that's already been posted here several times. It discusses how a losing team can be more profitable than a winning one. With years of going cheap on coaching hires, "cash to cap," and avoiding big long-term contracts, Ralph is clearly concerned about managing expenses. They deviated from the formula a little this year, but Gailey wasn't hired this year.

DynaPaul
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
The secret is that it's a lifetime contract. Ralph thought it would be cheaper that way.

Extremebillsfan247
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Gailey was done after this year. If things don't improve he may not even finish the season. JMO

chernobylwraiths
10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
The way things are going, he probably was resigned after the Cleveland game and now they are waiting till they win again to announce it.

Sound familiar?

billsburgh
10-11-2012, 09:52 AM
The way things are going, he probably was resigned after the Cleveland game and now they are waiting till they win again to announce it.

Sound familiar?

Jauron is probably still collecting paychecks from the Bills