PDA

View Full Version : You think we got problems on defense, AZ's offense is probably worse

Skooby
10-10-2012, 10:14 PM
AZ offense averages about 4.7 yards a snap & 2.7 yards per run, they're like dead last in every offensive stat. They have 2 good RB's both out with injuries, Beanie Wells & Ryan Williams. Kolb has also been sacked 17 times in the past 2 games, so their 4-1 record is not going to hold a lot of water now.

I'd plan on the Bills to get back on track & many of you to come in off the ledge, man up (if you're a guy).

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
A high school team could run on the bills.
i bet their offense is saying they will get back on track against the bills

Skooby
10-10-2012, 10:42 PM
A high school team could run on the bills.
i bet their offense is saying they will get back on track against the bills

Ironically, their back-up RB is a middle-schooler so it'll be even.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
They'll score 40, we'll score 7. Fortunately I don't care anymore.

Crisis
10-10-2012, 11:35 PM
If we don't get blown out by the Cards, this will just be one of those meaningless wins that keep us from getting a better draft pick that this team loves.

This team is amazing at being just not bad enough to ever improve.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-10-2012, 11:57 PM
If we don't get blown out by the Cards, this will just be one of those meaningless wins that keep us from getting a better draft pick that this team loves.

This team is amazing at being just not bad enough to ever improve.

That is pretty much it. Buffalo does just enough to keep sucking.

kingJofNYC
10-11-2012, 12:15 AM
If we win we lose. Cards are a talented team, but they don't have an OL. Their D is very good, good receivers, but suspect QB and one of the worst OLs I've seen. Remember though, we're the most vanilla D in the league, we run the same **** every single down, it's easier to stop a team that's predictable.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
If we win we lose. Cards are a talented team, but they don't have an OL. Their D is very good, good receivers, but suspect QB and one of the worst OLs I've seen. Remember though, we're the most vanilla D in the league, we run the same **** every single down, it's easier to stop a team that's predictable.

Thats the thing, Buffalo's D is so pathetic that average players look like stars. When backup RB are racking up 100 yards after the starter has its just bad D. Alex Smith looked like Montana against Buffalo's D. I have no confidence that Buffalo can stop a bad offense.

Beebe
10-11-2012, 01:30 AM
If they score 52 points in the second half I will punch a puppy.

YardRat
10-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Arizona's offense isn't setting league records for ineptitude...our defense is.

better days
10-11-2012, 08:20 AM

I would be happy to trade Fitz for either of the "suspect" QBs the Cards have.

RedEyE
10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I'd rather have a line of boxing midgets continuously rotate through to punch my nut sack than watch this game.

DraftBoy
10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Let's not forget they still have Larry Fitzgerald, we have no pass rush, and their defense is very very good. Not to mention how dangerous Peterson is in the return game.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
AZ offense averages about 4.7 yards a snap & 2.7 yards per run, they're like dead last in every offensive stat. They have 2 good RB's both out with injuries, Beanie Wells & Ryan Williams. Kolb has also been sacked 17 times in the past 2 games, so their 4-1 record is not going to hold a lot of water now.

I'd plan on the Bills to get back on track & many of you to come in off the ledge, man up (if you're a guy).

Um, we got blown out in 3 games: the Jets, the Patriots and SF. SF is a good overall team with a mediocre offense that we made look like superstars. The Patriots have a great O that was looking pretty average before they played us. The Jets have a below-average QB that we again made look like a superstar.

So, two things:
1. Playing the 2012 Buffalo Bills seems to be a cure-all for offenses looking to improve. Arizona isn't the same quality as NE or SF, but given the Bills' track record on D this year, there is no reason to think that AZ won't find some holes to exploit and actually look proficient on O.
2. If we beat Arizona, that would mean we beat the worst offense in the league, plus KC and Cleveland, while losing to NE, SF and the Jets. Sorry, but beating an offense that is that bad while losing to the better teams in the league doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Skooby
10-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Um, we got blown out in 3 games: the Jets, the Patriots and SF. SF is a good overall team with a mediocre offense that we made look like superstars. The Patriots have a great O that was looking pretty average before they played us. The Jets have a below-average QB that we again made look like a superstar.

So, two things:
1. Playing the 2012 Buffalo Bills seems to be a cure-all for offenses looking to improve. Arizona isn't the same quality as NE or SF, but given the Bills' track record on D this year, there is no reason to think that AZ won't find some holes to exploit and actually look proficient on O.
2. If we beat Arizona, that would mean we beat the worst offense in the league, plus KC and Cleveland, while losing to NE, SF and the Jets. Sorry, but beating an offense that is that bad while losing to the better teams in the league doesn't exactly instill confidence.

A win to get us to 3-3 is a win, confidence or not.

THRILLHO
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
We are going to lose this game. But if we do win, getting the 5-8 sacks vs the Cardinals that other teams are getting could be a boost to our defense. Who knows?

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 08:46 AM
A win to get us to 3-3 is a win, confidence or not.

And again, we go back to the short-sightedness of this mentality.

Not all NFL opponents are equal. Beating up on the KC's, Clevelands and AZ's of the world while losing to the SF's and NE's means the same thing it's always meant: we're a middle of the road NFL franchise. Not good enough to make the playoffs, too good to get those early draft picks that might actually make the team better.

Obviously, a win is a good thing, but this team needs to show consistently and needs to perform better against top opponents. Honestly, even before the season started, I never thought we'd come into the season and beat SF and sweep NE. But I also didn't think they would hand us such embarrassingly lopsided losses. I thought we had improved enough to at least make the games competitive. Until this team shows they can be competitive with the better teams, I will continue to believe that they really are the garbage we saw against SF NE, and NJB.

Ed
10-11-2012, 02:49 PM
If our D can't show some serious improvement against Arizona's offense then Wannstache needs to go. Maybe our O struggles and they beat us on special teams and we still lose, but there's really no excuse for our D to look anything like they did against NE and SF. This should be a keep or lose your job kind of game for Wanny. I know it won't be, but it should.

Bill Cody
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Kevin Kolb is Robosack II- he holds the ball and then assumes the fetal position. If Mario Williams doesn't get a sack this week he may never get one. If Fitz can avoid turnovers we could actualy win this game. But he won't. Pick: AZ

Mouldsie
10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I am actually rolling with Buffalo's D in fantasy in one league.... this is the kind of game they will rebound for as well as next week, only to collapse for 4 straight out of the bye and then finish with a couple garbage wins to close out.

Albany,n.y.
10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm predicting more ST & D scoring than either team's offense. The only thing that could cause my prediction to be wrong is if Kolb is standing long enough to get the ball to Fitzgerald, who should be open all day against our secondary.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm predicting more ST & D scoring than either team's offense. The only thing that could cause my prediction to be wrong is if Kolb is standing long enough to get the ball to Fitzgerald, who should be open all day against our secondary.

Time for a defensive adjustment.

We never get to the passer, and we never cover anyone. So, new strategy: either bring 11 or drop 11 into coverage. Depending on the situation, it's either Cover-11 or Tecmo Super Bowl "I guessed your play" jailbreak blitz. It'll work sometimes and give up big plays other times, but we're already giving up lots of big plays so it will probably average out to work better than what we're currently doing.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM

that'll change after they kick the **** out of the Bills.

Skooby
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
that'll change after they kick the **** out of the Bills.

We've failed in our most difficult games, so I see your point.