PDA

View Full Version : Chan: "We are still finding out what we have..."

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 08:23 AM
This is infuriating.

On how to account for Arizona’s struggles in a game plan and then implement what he wants to do:

I think sometimes we get so caught up in evaluating what other people are doing, you need to be more worried about what your team is doing, where your team is and what we need to do to get better. We are going into the sixth game of the season. It is not like we are in the 12th game; in the 12th game you are more concerned about the other guys. We are still, because of all of our new people, we are still finding out what we have and the direction we need to go.

Seriously? Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season, and 3 blowout losses (2 to division rivals), and you're STILL trying to figure out what you have? Isn't that what ****ing TRAINING CAMP and PRESEASON are for? This coaching staff is a ****ing joke.

RedEyE
10-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Chans sound bites have been putrid all week. He sounds perplexed and defeated.

Mouldsie
10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I wish we could have Chan as an OC but he needs to move on as a HC is this season doesnt end with us in the hunt

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2012, 10:03 AM
wow

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Lets find out what we have in Tarvaris Jackson, I'm really interested in finding out. I know what we have in Fitztragic and I don't like it. I wanna see what we have in TJax

X-Era
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
This is infuriating.

Seriously? Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season, and 3 blowout losses (2 to division rivals), and you're STILL trying to figure out what you have? Isn't that what ****ing TRAINING CAMP and PRESEASON are for? This coaching staff is a ****ing joke.I agree actually but blame the whole front office. The Bills have for years overvalued rookies, 2nd year guys, undrafteds, and unprovens. The linebacking corp is just one example. Sheppard is not solid LB'er in a 4-3 defense. That's his current status. Yet we went into the season assuming he would be. There are many other players in the same boat. Nick Barnett has regressed, Gilmore and Williams are unproven but have a ton of responsibility, it goes on and on. We have traditionally taken too much risk with unproven players and it costs us every year. Chan has to say this because the data is overhwhelming in the past two games that the defense isn't good enough. It could be that some of these players have the talent but just aren't getting it done but it's also possible that they just aren't talented enough.

It doesn't shock me that he said this. Like I said, I think they have overvalued their talent level for years. I like that he's being honest actually. But I'd really like them to take some real steps to fix it.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree actually but blame the whole front office. The Bills have for years overvalued rookies, 2nd year guys, undrafteds, and unprovens. The linebacking corp is just one example. Sheppard is not solid LB'er in a 4-3 defense. That's his current status. Yet we went into the season assuming he would be. There are many other players in the same boat. Nick Barnett has regressed, Gilmore and Williams are unproven but have a ton of responsibility, it goes on and on. We have traditionally taken too much risk with unproven players and it costs us every year. Chan has to say this because the data is overhwhelming in the past two games that the defense isn't good enough. It could be that some of these players have the talent but just aren't getting it done but it's also possible that they just aren't talented enough.

It doesn't shock me that he said this. Like I said, I think they have overvalued their talent level for years. I like that he's being honest actually. But I'd really like them to take some real steps to fix it.

I don't disagree that he's being honest. It just blows my mind that this team has to dig themselves into a hole every season before the coaches can "figure out what we have." Other teams- good and bad, but especially the good teams- seem to figure it out before the season starts and put their players in a position to win. It seems like Chan is treating September as an extended preseason.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Chan needs to be fired the day after the season ends.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Lets find out what we have in Tarvaris Jackson, I'm really interested in finding out. I know what we have in Fitztragic and I don't like it. I wanna see what we have in TJax

That's too bad. Chan says no because his boy Fitzputrid has the it factor.

stuckincincy
10-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Chans sound bites have been putrid all week. He sounds perplexed and defeated.

He should act like Gruden. His pressers with NO were hysterical. When they stunk, Chucky said so - no equivocation at all.

One from the past: When the late John McKay was the NO coach, he was asked about his teams' execution. McKay replied: "I'm in favor of it."

For those with an old Bills' memory - Hank Bulloch was a gem. :kid:

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Jackson sucks and the world knows he sucks. I want him to play, because if they cut Fitz at the end of the season and use Tarvaris as an excuse not to draft a qB I'm gonna pull my hair out.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
That's too bad. Chan says no because his boy Fitzputrid has the it factor.

He sure does, when I want to put my finger on it to find out why we lost its Ryan Fitzpatrick. He is one of the worst QBs in the league.

DraftBoy
10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Jackson sucks and the world knows he sucks. I want him to play, because if they cut Fitz at the end of the season and use Tarvaris as an excuse not to draft a qB I'm gonna pull my hair out.

Jackson's contract is up, so unless they intend to resign him he won't be the reason.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 11:33 AM

If he sucks so badly then why did the Bills trade for him and why are the Bills paying him a million more this year than their #2?

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 11:35 AM
If he sucks so badly then why did the Bills trade for him and why are the Bills paying him a million more this year than their #2?

Because Nix is a moron.

I don't understand why we give up a draft pick for a guy who only has 1 year left on his contract and makes more money than the guy we cut at the same position to make room on the roster, then not even bother dressing him for games or playing him when our QB throws 4 INT's in a game. It's just stupid on a mind-boggling level.

JoeMama
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
This is infuriating.

Seriously? Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season, and 3 blowout losses (2 to division rivals), and you're STILL trying to figure out what you have? Isn't that what ****ing TRAINING CAMP and PRESEASON are for? This coaching staff is a ****ing joke.

We should rename ourselves TEAM DISCOVERY CHANNEL since this is apparently a never ending life lesson in Football for Dummies 101.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Jackson's contract is up, so unless they intend to resign him he won't be the reason.

"We think Tarvaris has a lot of potential, he's very athletic, and he's had a year to learn our system." -Buddy Nix, March 1st, 2013.

Tell me you can't see that happening.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM

OpIvy pretty much laid it out. They panic traded after Young stunk in the preseason, and the amount of money they are paying him has absolutely ZERO correlation with his quality as a player. (See: Smith, Brad and Williams, Mario)

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 11:40 AM
"We think Tarvaris has a lot of potential, he's very athletic, and he's had a year to learn our system." -Buddy Nix, March 1st, 2013.

And don't worry- we'll draft a QB in the 3rd round to groom as Jackson's replacement, only to force him into starting action in 2014 when it becomes painfully obvious that we have to cut Jackson in 2013.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Because Nix is a moron.

I don't understand why we give up a draft pick for a guy who only has 1 year left on his contract and makes more money than the guy we cut at the same position to make room on the roster, then not even bother dressing him for games or playing him when our QB throws 4 INT's in a game. It's just stupid on a mind-boggling level.

Those were rhetorical questions.

trapezeus
10-11-2012, 11:48 AM
i agree with most of the sentiment after the first post.

i read chan's comments very different. the guy is lost. on offense, he has a scheme that works. the receivers are open, the line holds one for a play to develop, plays aren't happening.

he has to figure something else out. but it has to be hard that the original game plan should work. and he's tied himself to fitz. and the team has created a situation where they won't let him try out T Jax. i thought i read that the trade becomes a 6th rounder if activated before week 10. i'm sure the front office is fighting very hard with the same nonsense the optimists have (we are 2-3, one game out. he's been good before)

What makes it odd is that Nix has been part of teams with good QB drafts in SD. He took brees, and when he struggled they took rivers. why in 3 years is no one in the draft better than fitz.

the more you look at the absurd decisions made, you canjust tell they want this team to tank. and the only reason for that is to have a sellable asset. It's not really a conspiracy theory when nothing a normal team would do is happening here.

mrbojanglezs
10-11-2012, 11:51 AM
cliche over cliche over cliche over cliche....

DraftBoy
10-11-2012, 11:52 AM

I can, and I wouldn't mind, but that's not going to stop us from drafting a QB in this class.

trapezeus
10-11-2012, 12:01 PM
these guys are clearly following a plan to suck. why else would they hvae made these many decisions. coaches with a brain see that they won't get what they want. This gailey situation is just clear of it. I think he's putting together that he's a fall guy again.

He's getting that he isn't getting a top rated QB, he's realizing that no matter what he says, Fitz won't get it. he is now realizing his window is closing and he has no one to right the ship. He plays thigpen, the team officially quits (which will be a real subtle difference from what they've done thus far)

And i'm positive he's getting resistance on putting in Tjax.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 01:18 PM
the more you look at the absurd decisions made, you canjust tell they want this team to tank. and the only reason for that is to have a sellable asset. It's not really a conspiracy theory when nothing a normal team would do is happening here.

or someone up top knows Fitzputrid is rancid and they want their franchise qb.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
We should rename ourselves TEAM DISCOVERY CHANNEL since this is apparently a never ending life lesson in Football for Dummies 101.

Close, but the Bills would be more at home on TLC with all the other freaks, weirdos, and midgets on that network.

bf1
10-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Anyone have the e-mail address of the Fire Dick billboard guy?

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Anyone have the e-mail address of the Fire Dick billboard guy?

Why bother? Ralph will just hire some loser like AZ's offensive coordinator and we'll be working on another billboard in 2 years.

Bill Cody
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
T Jax must be suicidal: "Fitz is one of the worst starting QB's in the league and Pig Pen is the worst back up and I'm in street clothes".

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Why bother? Ralph will just hire some loser like AZ's offensive coordinator and we'll be working on another billboard in 2 years.

Let's just keep a permanent billboard that Says "Fire __________" and we can just change the name every few years.

Albany,n.y.
10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Let's just keep a permanent billboard that Says "Fire __________" and we can just change the name every few years.

Just make it "Bills need a new head coach" It's been true for so many years & you never have to change the name. If they want to stop this nonsense, they have to stop hiring head coaches a season after they get fired by other teams as coordinators. The last 2 coaches weren't just rejects as HCs, Jauron was DC in Detroit, got the interim HC job & then was not asked back by the Lions. Gailey was even worse, getting fired in preseason as KC's DC, walked into the interview with that stellar mark on his resume & Buddy Nix said "That's my coach"

Why is the original statement by Gailey so surprising? He's the same guy who decided to Trent Edwards was his 2010 starter, started him for 2 games & cut him a little over a week after he was the starting QB. Many commended Gailey for being big enough to admit his mistake, when the truth was Gailey was a fool for starting Edwards to begin with.

mjt328
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Honestly, Nix/Gailey have done a lot of things good for this franchise. But the handful of bad decisions they have made just seem to have a domino affect in destroying the team.

For instance, their overvalue of Fitzpatrick... It's really only one mistake.
But that mistake prompted them to hand him a long-term contract. It prompted them to pass on players like Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett and Russell Wilson in the draft. It kept them from signing a decent backup in the first place, then cutting Vince Young, then trading for another backup that isn't ready to play.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Honestly, Nix/Gailey have done a lot of things good for this franchise. But the handful of bad decisions they have made just seem to have a domino affect in destroying the team.

For instance, their overvalue of Fitzpatrick... It's really only one mistake.
But that mistake prompted them to hand him a long-term contract. It prompted them to pass on players like Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett and Russell Wilson in the draft. It kept them from signing a decent backup in the first place, then cutting Vince Young, then trading for another backup that isn't ready to play.

meanwhile, The Old Fart is raking in the hard earned dough of Bills fans that BOUGHT his way into the Hall of Fame.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM

the solution then is simple, make it digital. Have the sign say FIRE and then the digital part can say Coach's Name

Oaf
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I wish we could have Chan as an OC but he needs to move on as a HC is this season doesnt end with us in the hunt Interesting idea. Hire a real HC and keep him as OC. Alas, only in Madden.

JoeMama
10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/chengaiwey.jpg