• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Chan: "We are still finding out what we have..."

This is infuriating.

On how to account for Arizona’s struggles in a game plan and then implement what he wants to do:

I think sometimes we get so caught up in evaluating what other people are doing, you need to be more worried about what your team is doing, where your team is and what we need to do to get better. We are going into the sixth game of the season. It is not like we are in the 12th game; in the 12th game you are more concerned about the other guys. We are still, because of all of our new people, we are still finding out what we have and the direction we need to go.
    Seriously? Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season, and 3 blowout losses (2 to division rivals), and you're STILL trying to figure out what you have? Isn't that what ****ing TRAINING CAMP and PRESEASON are for? This coaching staff is a ****ing joke.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chan: "We are still finding out what we have..."

Chans sound bites have been putrid all week. He sounds perplexed and defeated.

Comment

• Mouldsie
      • Aug 2012

I wish we could have Chan as an OC but he needs to move on as a HC is this season doesnt end with us in the hunt

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

wow

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

Lets find out what we have in Tarvaris Jackson, I'm really interested in finding out. I know what we have in Fitztragic and I don't like it. I wanna see what we have in TJax

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            This is infuriating.

Seriously? Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season, and 3 blowout losses (2 to division rivals), and you're STILL trying to figure out what you have? Isn't that what ****ing TRAINING CAMP and PRESEASON are for? This coaching staff is a ****ing joke.
            I agree actually but blame the whole front office. The Bills have for years overvalued rookies, 2nd year guys, undrafteds, and unprovens. The linebacking corp is just one example. Sheppard is not solid LB'er in a 4-3 defense. That's his current status. Yet we went into the season assuming he would be. There are many other players in the same boat. Nick Barnett has regressed, Gilmore and Williams are unproven but have a ton of responsibility, it goes on and on. We have traditionally taken too much risk with unproven players and it costs us every year. Chan has to say this because the data is overhwhelming in the past two games that the defense isn't good enough. It could be that some of these players have the talent but just aren't getting it done but it's also possible that they just aren't talented enough.

It doesn't shock me that he said this. Like I said, I think they have overvalued their talent level for years. I like that he's being honest actually. But I'd really like them to take some real steps to fix it.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              I agree actually but blame the whole front office. The Bills have for years overvalued rookies, 2nd year guys, undrafteds, and unprovens. The linebacking corp is just one example. Sheppard is not solid LB'er in a 4-3 defense. That's his current status. Yet we went into the season assuming he would be. There are many other players in the same boat. Nick Barnett has regressed, Gilmore and Williams are unproven but have a ton of responsibility, it goes on and on. We have traditionally taken too much risk with unproven players and it costs us every year. Chan has to say this because the data is overhwhelming in the past two games that the defense isn't good enough. It could be that some of these players have the talent but just aren't getting it done but it's also possible that they just aren't talented enough.

It doesn't shock me that he said this. Like I said, I think they have overvalued their talent level for years. I like that he's being honest actually. But I'd really like them to take some real steps to fix it.
              I don't disagree that he's being honest. It just blows my mind that this team has to dig themselves into a hole every season before the coaches can "figure out what we have." Other teams- good and bad, but especially the good teams- seem to figure it out before the season starts and put their players in a position to win. It seems like Chan is treating September as an extended preseason.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Chan needs to be fired the day after the season ends.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                  Lets find out what we have in Tarvaris Jackson, I'm really interested in finding out. I know what we have in Fitztragic and I don't like it. I wanna see what we have in TJax
                  That's too bad. Chan says no because his boy Fitzputrid has the it factor.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                    Chans sound bites have been putrid all week. He sounds perplexed and defeated.
                    He should act like Gruden. His pressers with NO were hysterical. When they stunk, Chucky said so - no equivocation at all.

One from the past: When the late John McKay was the NO coach, he was asked about his teams' execution. McKay replied: "I'm in favor of it."

For those with an old Bills' memory - Hank Bulloch was a gem.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                      Jackson sucks and the world knows he sucks. I want him to play, because if they cut Fitz at the end of the season and use Tarvaris as an excuse not to draft a qB I'm gonna pull my hair out.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                        That's too bad. Chan says no because his boy Fitzputrid has the it factor.
                        He sure does, when I want to put my finger on it to find out why we lost its Ryan Fitzpatrick. He is one of the worst QBs in the league.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                          Jackson sucks and the world knows he sucks. I want him to play, because if they cut Fitz at the end of the season and use Tarvaris as an excuse not to draft a qB I'm gonna pull my hair out.
                          Jackson's contract is up, so unless they intend to resign him he won't be the reason.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            If he sucks so badly then why did the Bills trade for him and why are the Bills paying him a million more this year than their #2?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                              If he sucks so badly then why did the Bills trade for him and why are the Bills paying him a million more this year than their #2?
                              Because Nix is a moron.

I don't understand why we give up a draft pick for a guy who only has 1 year left on his contract and makes more money than the guy we cut at the same position to make room on the roster, then not even bother dressing him for games or playing him when our QB throws 4 INT's in a game. It's just stupid on a mind-boggling level.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X