PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel like this sometimes Bills fans.........

blackonyx89
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
When you feel so numb and tired about trying to defend the Bills to haters
that you don't care to talk about them knowing they're not going to be
competitive in the long run until they get better? It can be quite frustrating.
Ugh!

RedEyE
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I'd chose to watch Rosanne Barr, Joan Rivers and Danny DeVito (as the Penguin) have a meaty threesome rather than defend this pathetic excuse of a team.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Honestly, I don't see too many Bills haters around these days. It's hard to generate any hate when you can't beat anyone. Even with Dolphins fans, I usually just end up reminiscing about the good ole' days of Kelly vs Mario and bonding over our common hatred of the Patriots.

RedEyE
10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Honestly, I don't see too many Bills haters around these days. It's hard to generate any hate when you can't beat anyone. Even with Dolphins fans, I usually just end up reminiscing about the good ole' days of Kelly vs Mario and bonding over our common hatred of the Patriots.

Its worse than hatred these days. Instead people look at you like you have a life threatening sickness. Its a little bit of apathy mixed with a touch of relief...that they're not you.

Mouldsie
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Why take it personally?

Being at the Niners game was interesting seeing this dynamic play out. When a fans team succeeds they feel like they are the ones who I especially loved the one kid with messed up teeth getting right in my grill and screaming at me "YOU ****ING SUCK" and obv bragging about some big play that just occured.

My reply: "Yes, I played pretty terribly today"

Mouldsie
10-11-2012, 09:24 AM
When a fans team succeeds they feel like they are the ones who accomplished it.*

SabreEleven
10-11-2012, 09:28 AM
You are actuallly shocked they won a game.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 09:36 AM
I'd chose to watch Rosanne Barr, Joan Rivers and Danny DeVito (as the Penguin) have a meaty threesome rather than defend this pathetic excuse of a team.

There really is no defense. If someone says "you guys spent $100 million on a guy who sucks," how do you argue that Mario Williams doesn't suck? If someone criticizes Fitz for throwing INT's, how do you say "Fitz doesn't throw INT's?" If someone says "you guys are NE's *****es," well, we're 2-19 against them in the last 21 and most of those 19 have been blowouts.

It isn't even an issue of choosing to defend them. There just no longer is any defense. We used to be able to say "well, at least we're not AZ/Cleveland/Detroit/St Louis," but we can't even make that claim anymore.

justasportsfan
10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't even like talking to myself about the bills anymore.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't defend them. They suck.

more cowbell
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Stopped defending them in like 2003. When someone goes "The Bills suck!!" my response is "Yup"

lmcshadow
10-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Its like looking at the title of the movie "KILL BILL" part I and II

better days
10-12-2012, 03:01 PM
True story: I knew a guy that bet against the Bills every game in the 1970s. He made a lot of money over that time. For some reason he could not get it into his head that the Bills finally improved & kept betting against them in the 80s. He lost every dollar hw made betting against the Bills & then some by the end of the 80s. He died or he would probably be back in the black today.

Mr. Miyagi
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
At this point I'd be happy if they lose a close game instead of getting blown out.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-12-2012, 05:55 PM
And yet all of you are still fans. You still support a team that has treated you like crap year in and year out with no hope of ever improving. You still act like it's the end of the world when you have an opportunity to be rid of this crap by not renewing the lease, saying the Bills are such an asset to the community, HA! A bunch of losers, an asset to the community? Only in Buffalo.

The situation is truly hopeless. Wake up out of your stupor, out of your battered-wife syndrome, and pull every last bit of your support away from this team. If it bothers you too much to support another team in this league, switch to college football. At least there, there's no illusion of parity.

Oh, and make sure you get all the Bills fans/morons on board with you when you do. The Bills will do one of two things: 1) make the playoffs to get people back, or 2) die. Either way, WNY will be far better off.

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I walked into a restaurant near Toronto on Tuesday wearing a Bills cap and sweatshirt and it invoked open laughter from people I did not know.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Why take it personally?

Being at the Niners game was interesting seeing this dynamic play out. When a fans team succeeds they feel like they are the ones who I especially loved the one kid with messed up teeth getting right in my grill and screaming at me "YOU ****ING SUCK" and obv bragging about some big play that just occured.

My reply: "Yes, I played pretty terribly today"

That's the difference between NFC fans who don't see the Bills that often and AFC fans. Most AFC fans, especially AFC East fans, don't really bash the Bills any more because there's nothing left to say. Every single way to express how bad we suck was used by at least 2006.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-12-2012, 07:37 PM
I walked into a restaurant near Toronto on Tuesday wearing a Bills cap and sweatshirt and it invoked open laughter from people I did not know.

True story, I was in Old Chicago at Towne East in Wichita, KS wearing a Bills t-shirt last Tuesday to have dinner with a good friend and she said Gibby, it must take courage to wear that shirt. I said, well that or insanity.

ServoBillieves
10-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I was mocked and laughed at for wearing my Billshat and a purple hoodie today. I took offense for the fact that it was a hooodie that was sold for my deceased sisters charity, but upon explaining that said "I have no excuse for the hat."

feldspar
10-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't defend the Bills, I just punch them in the head and flee.

Ingtar33
10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
you know what the worst part of all of the last 12 years has been?

The realization that Wade Philips was unquestionably the best coach we've had since Marv, and that Mike Mularkey, Perry Fewell and Dick Jauron were pretty much as good as it got afterwords. As a side-note, I'd like to add, i thought the Gregg Williams teams were the hardest working Bills teams we've had the last 12 years, it didn't suck so much to watch them lose, because they always looked like they were giving it their all. Of course he was an atrocious game manager, so that's not really a defense of the manboob

gebobs
10-14-2012, 12:10 AM
If someone says "you guys are NE's *****es," well, we're 2-19 against them in the last 21 and most of those 19 have been blowouts.
The Bills are the whole AFCE's *****es. Even the Dolphins.

Thanks Chan! Thanks Buddy!

Honestly, how can anyone take a franchise seriously that is being run buy two guys named Buddy and Chan?