PDA

View Full Version : Fan base Power Rankings: Packers, Bills on top

justasportsfan
10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Eh! Not for long

No team has a stronger connection to its fans than the Packers. They are smarter and more loyal. They demand better coverage. It's a lifestyle. Bills fans are similarly passionate, smart and hopeful, despite a lot of bad times. Steelers fans overwhelm you with their size. You can see and hear them from 50 feet away. Browns are heroically loyal considering the hand they have been dealt. They deserve so much better.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079329/article/fan-base-power-rankings-packers-bills-on-top?module=HP11_content_stream

imbondz
10-11-2012, 12:45 PM
ugh. it's hopeless. that article made me love the Bills even more.

The King
10-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Pats at the bottom.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I just realized something.

This is what I was trying to articulate in my thread about the team moving, but I did a poor job of expressing it: The team should move because the team and the NFL don't deserve us as a fan base. Ralph can only put perennial losers on the field. The NFL continues to cater to large cities and corporate fans while taking the support of cities like Buffalo for granted, knowing that nothing they can do that will cost them our support, except move the team.

Well, **** Ralph and **** the NFL. Bills fans are intensely supportive and loyal, and I'm sick and tired of us putting our emotion, energy time and money into organizations that just take us for granted. The reality is that they're right though- that's where the loyalty comes in. The only way any of us are ever going to put all of that into something productive that might actually provide a return on our investment is if the team moves.

trapezeus
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
the NFL model shows the more fickle the fan base, the more they'll help you out with new stadiums and blown calls. they know you won't come around otherwise.

and for the KC's, browns, bills, etc, they'll just accept your money since you seem to keep bringing it.

If the bills move to LA, i really can't wait to watch the air go out of the new ownership's sails in about 4 years after the team still sucks, corporate boxes are unsold, no one attends the games and TV viewership in that covetted 2nd largest market still returns zilch. perhaps we rally as a fan base and all put a huge dent in their current numbers that get them their current mega deals.

and maybe the NFL then realizes there is absolutely no reason they have to be the most popular sport in the US.

Skooby
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I just realized something.

This is what I was trying to articulate in my thread about the team moving, but I did a poor job of expressing it: The team should move because the team and the NFL don't deserve us as a fan base. Ralph can only put perennial losers on the field. The NFL continues to cater to large cities and corporate fans while taking the support of cities like Buffalo for granted, knowing that nothing they can do that will cost them our support, except move the team.

Well, **** Ralph and **** the NFL. Bills fans are intensely supportive and loyal, and I'm sick and tired of us putting our emotion, energy time and money into organizations that just take us for granted. The reality is that they're right though- that's where the loyalty comes in. The only way any of us are ever going to put all of that into something productive that might actually provide a return on our investment is if the team moves.

Notre Dame is doing alright for you.

OpIv37
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Notre Dame is doing alright for you.

yeah, for the last 5 games, after about 19 years of disappointment.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-12-2012, 05:22 AM
One of the single most fun thing you can do is tell a Pats fan how terrible their fans are. This article should go over pretty well with them.

Historian
10-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I never got the Packer thing.

For years, they played in two different cities, all while having one of the smaller venues in the league.

I would have liked to see how they fared over the last 50 years with an 80K seat stadium.