• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Fan base Power Rankings: Packers, Bills on top

Eh! Not for long

No team has a stronger connection to its fans than the Packers. They are smarter and more loyal. They demand better coverage. It's a lifestyle. Bills fans are similarly passionate, smart and hopeful, despite a lot of bad times. Steelers fans overwhelm you with their size. You can see and hear them from 50 feet away. Browns are heroically loyal considering the hand they have been dealt. They deserve so much better.

Gregg Rosenthal has ranked each fan base from 1 to 32. The Green Bay Packers come out on top. Where does your team land?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Fan base Power Rankings: Packers, Bills on top

ugh. it's hopeless. that article made me love the Bills even more.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Pats at the bottom.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I just realized something.

This is what I was trying to articulate in my thread about the team moving, but I did a poor job of expressing it: The team should move because the team and the NFL don't deserve us as a fan base. Ralph can only put perennial losers on the field. The NFL continues to cater to large cities and corporate fans while taking the support of cities like Buffalo for granted, knowing that nothing they can do that will cost them our support, except move the team.

Well, **** Ralph and **** the NFL. Bills fans are intensely supportive and loyal, and I'm sick and tired of us putting our emotion, energy time and money into organizations that just take us for granted. The reality is that they're right though- that's where the loyalty comes in. The only way any of us are ever going to put all of that into something productive that might actually provide a return on our investment is if the team moves.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

the NFL model shows the more fickle the fan base, the more they'll help you out with new stadiums and blown calls. they know you won't come around otherwise.

and for the KC's, browns, bills, etc, they'll just accept your money since you seem to keep bringing it.

If the bills move to LA, i really can't wait to watch the air go out of the new ownership's sails in about 4 years after the team still sucks, corporate boxes are unsold, no one attends the games and TV viewership in that covetted 2nd largest market still returns zilch. perhaps we rally as a fan base and all put a huge dent in their current numbers that get them their current mega deals.

and maybe the NFL then realizes there is absolutely no reason they have to be the most popular sport in the US.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            I just realized something.

This is what I was trying to articulate in my thread about the team moving, but I did a poor job of expressing it: The team should move because the team and the NFL don't deserve us as a fan base. Ralph can only put perennial losers on the field. The NFL continues to cater to large cities and corporate fans while taking the support of cities like Buffalo for granted, knowing that nothing they can do that will cost them our support, except move the team.

Well, **** Ralph and **** the NFL. Bills fans are intensely supportive and loyal, and I'm sick and tired of us putting our emotion, energy time and money into organizations that just take us for granted. The reality is that they're right though- that's where the loyalty comes in. The only way any of us are ever going to put all of that into something productive that might actually provide a return on our investment is if the team moves.
            Notre Dame is doing alright for you.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              Notre Dame is doing alright for you.
              yeah, for the last 5 games, after about 19 years of disappointment.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

One of the single most fun thing you can do is tell a Pats fan how terrible their fans are. This article should go over pretty well with them.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

I never got the Packer thing.

For years, they played in two different cities, all while having one of the smaller venues in the league.

I would have liked to see how they fared over the last 50 years with an 80K seat stadium.

Comment

Working...
                  X