PDA

View Full Version : Looking Past the Cardinals Game to the Titans Game

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
The Titans game is the key to the season.

NOT in terms of making the play-offs -- that dream has been crushed already -- but in terms of having a truly bad enough season for a top 5 draft pick to leave the new GM and coaching staff to build with.

The Titans looked like a NFL team last night and will be coming to Buffalo with 10 days rest like the Cardinals on Sunday.

If they beat us, we should be 2-5 heading into the bye with the first 2 games out of the bye being road games in HOU and NE.

2-7 surely would mentally destroy this fragile team.

Even though the schedule is easier for the final 7 games, losing 5 or 6 of them should put us in a top 5 draft position.

From that draft position, we can draft (or trade up) a franchise QB to be groomed by the new regime.

That gives me hope.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM
And the fan base will finally be small enough that Ralph Wilson has an excuse to move the team. Is that a good thing to you?

I'm sorry, but they need a miracle at this point. The Bills have **** on the fans of this team for 13 years and have been the only team to have managed not to even reach the playoffs ONCE since the millennium. Is that acceptable? The time to tank was last year. The time to bomb was when they could have had Luck or RGIII. Heck, the Colts knew exactly how that worked. The time to fall apart was BEFORE THE FREAKING LEASE ON RWS WAS ABOUT TO EXPIRE!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2012, 05:57 PM
The Titans game is the key to the season.

NOT in terms of making the play-offs -- that dream has been crushed already -- but in terms of having a truly bad enough season for a top 5 draft pick to leave the new GM and coaching staff to build with.

The Titans looked like a NFL team last night and will be coming to Buffalo with 10 days rest like the Cardinals on Sunday.

If they beat us, we should be 2-5 heading into the bye with the first 2 games out of the bye being road games in HOU and NE.

2-7 surely would mentally destroy this fragile team.

Even though the schedule is easier for the final 7 games, losing 5 or 6 of them should put us in a top 5 draft position.

From that draft position, we can draft (or trade up) a franchise QB to be groomed by the new regime.

That gives me hope.

This is such a jinx topic. Now we're going to beat TEN & ARI, finish 8-8, retain these clowns, and draft a linebacker at #14

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
This is such a jinx topic. Now we're going to beat TEN & ARI, finish 8-8, retain these clowns, and draft a linebacker at #14

That would hurt more than a watermelon up the ass.

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 06:04 PM
And the fan base will finally be small enough that Ralph Wilson has an excuse to move the team. Is that a good thing to you?

I'm sorry, but they need a miracle at this point. The Bills have **** on the fans of this team for 13 years and have been the only team to have managed not to even reach the playoffs ONCE since the millennium. Is that acceptable? The time to tank was last year. The time to bomb was when they could have had Luck or RGIII. Heck, the Colts knew exactly how that worked. The time to fall apart was BEFORE THE FREAKING LEASE ON RWS WAS ABOUT TO EXPIRE!

Ralph will not move the team. He can barely move his bowels these days.

His lack of succession planning will upon his death perhaps lead to the movement of this team.

I agree last year was the year to tank.

Can't change your past just your future.

feldspar
10-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Every year it's the same thing...some fans hoping the Bills lose in order to get that magical player.

There are enough QBs in this year's draft class for the Bills to get one, especially with a lot of teams already dealing with their prospects or proven QBs.

Which exact QB do you want in next year's draft, SpikedLemonade?

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 07:11 PM

I don't have a favourite.

I just want a new regime to have the opportunity through a high draft pick to start their regime with who they believe is their guy at QB.

Skooby
10-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Lets draft another Safety.

YardRat
10-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Ralph will not move the team. He can barely move his bowels these days.

His lack of succession planning will upon his death perhaps lead to the movement of this team.

I agree last year was the year to tank.

Can't change your past just your future.

You're assuming there is no plan in place.

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 07:37 PM
You're assuming there is no plan in place.

There isn't a plan to sell locally or surely it would have leaked out and a parade immediately take place for Ralph.

The plan is to sell the team upon his death in an auction.

Whether that team then relocates depends on the new owner and the vote of the NFL owners.

I believe the NFL will slow the process to give a non-relocating owner every chance to squeeze a new stadium out of taxpayers.

feldspar
10-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't have a favourite.

I just want a new regime to have the opportunity through a high draft pick to start their regime with who they believe is their guy at QB.

And they can't trade up to get "whoever?"

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 08:29 PM
And they can't trade up to get "whoever?"

Rarely done since you need a trading partner happy with their current QB despite having a crappy record.

Much more expensive in terms of draft picks.

I will trade 3 wins in a losing season for that higher draft pick next year any day.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Lets draft another Safety.
I'll **** in a jar and mail it to OBD

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Apparently that has been done so many times before that OBD does not accept parcels shaped like jars.

Try an envelope for better results.

feldspar
10-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Rarely done since you need a trading partner happy with their current QB despite having a crappy record.

Much more expensive in terms of draft picks.

I will trade 3 wins in a losing season for that higher draft pick next year any day.

You have 10 teams playing first or second year QBs, most of which are doing OK. Then I figure there are about 16 other teams that won't be looking for a QB. There are some tweeners. There is a good chance any one of those teams will look for value by trading down.

If the Bills suck as much as all that, they won't even have to trade up that much, if at all. If they DON'T suck all that much, you see that as a problem? I'm telling you that there will be value for a QB in the first round for the Bills...they don't have to totally suck all year for that to be true.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Bull****.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Every year it's the same thing...some fans hoping the Bills lose in order to get that magical player.

There are enough QBs in this year's draft class for the Bills to get one, especially with a lot of teams already dealing with their prospects or proven QBs.

Geno Smith.

Skooby
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Make sure it's after a hot Mighty-Taco 8 pack with a large loganberry.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Make sure it's after a hot Mighty-Taco 8 pack with a large loganberry.

Damn, we don't have Mighty Taco in Kansas City. However, Warrensburg is just sixty miles from here and it has Mazzio's Pizza. A Mazzio's Pepperoni Calzone Ring and Jack and Coke will produce the the foulest smelling ****s you have ever smelled.

Skooby
10-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Damn, we don't have Mighty Taco in Kansas City. However, Warrensburg is just sixty miles from here and it has Mazzio's Pizza. A Mazzio's Pepperoni Calzone Ring and Jack and Coke will produce the the foulest smelling ****s you have ever smelled.

Find a run down Mexican restaurant & tell them you're a heat junkie / they can't make it hot enough, remember that we're all counting on you.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Find a run down Mexican restaurant & tell them you're a heat junkie / they can't make it hot enough, remember that we're all counting on you.

I know of a few places like that. A couple in Wichita, about three in KC, and one in Denver.

Skooby
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I know of a few places like that. A couple in Wichita, about three in KC, and one in Denver.
Just remember, we're all counting on you (Airplane reference).

jimmifli
10-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Get your own ****ing lines.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Get your own ****ing lines.

Fair point, **** in a jar is trademarked by Jimmifli Inc 2007 all rights reserved.

Skooby
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Fair point, **** in a jar is trademarked by Jimmifli Inc 2007 all rights reserved.

E pluribus unum.

THRILLHO
10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't know if I am in the minority on this board, or more like me don't say anything. But I HATE losing. I don't want to lose. I don't want to lose for draft picks. A draftee is just as much of a risk if he is taken with the first, tenth, or 200th selection. There are no gauruntees, no matter the selection. How can you expect a team to learn to win, when you want them to lose? What does that say to your fan base? "We are just going to throw in the towel and hope for a better next year." Yeah, that sure sells tickets.

Im glad those who say "I'd lose to get a better draft pick any day" are not my GM or owner or head coach.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-14-2012, 03:15 PM
You're assuming there is no plan in place. There is no plan in place. We knew about every planned sale of the Sabres months in advance. All we know as for potential Bills owners is a woefully underfunded ex-quarterback. Stop pretending there is a plan in place. There is just as much of a chance of that happening as me buying the team. Wishful thinking, nothing more, nothing less.

SpikedLemonade
10-14-2012, 03:38 PM
There is no plan in place. We knew about every planned sale of the Sabres months in advance. All we know as for potential Bills owners is a woefully underfunded ex-quarterback. Stop pretending there is a plan in place. There is just as much of a chance of that happening as me buying the team. Wishful thinking, nothing more, nothing less.

Yup

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 03:45 PM
There is no plan in place.

Prove it.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Prove it.
I laid out my case in the rest of the quote you conveniently left out.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 04:25 PM
I laid out my case in the rest of the quote you conveniently left out.

That's your opinion. That's not proof.