PDA

View Full Version : Wannstedt discusses Bills’ defensive struggles

YardRat
10-14-2012, 08:02 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121014/SPORTS/121019554/1004

Wannstedt, unshaven and looking haggard, maintained a stern, optimistic tone in claiming his defense is on the right path and ready to strike today against the Cardinals.

Here is the interview session in its entirety.

Question: How are holding up?
Dave Wannstedt: I wish this next game was three days ago. I was ready to play again Sunday at 6 o’clock.

Q: How confusing has this season been for you so far?
DW: You know what? The inconsistency has been probably the most frustrating thing for us all. We came out of the, obviously, preseason feeling good. Solid, obviously. There was a transition with a new system and new players and everything. And then [we] got into the season and really felt good. After the Cleveland game and even as far as halftime of the New England game we felt like we were right on track and making progress. And then, you know, we’ve had a game and a half of disappointment to put it bluntly.

Now, the good news is it’s basically the same guys as what we played early in the year. We had a good week of practice. We’re refocused. We have to come out here and play as good as we can play this week. And I expect us to. I think we’ll play good. I really believe that.
It doesn’t take much to lose confidence in this league – as an individual, as a group, as a team. You can get your confidence back, though, just as fast. And you don’t get your confidence back, really, on Sunday. To me, you get your confidence back on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You’re going in to take that exam on Sunday, and the better prepared we are, the more confident we are, the better we will play.

- - - Updated - - -

Q: Do you need to do better?

DW: Always. Unless we’re winning every week, you’re always having to do better.

Q: Is there an example you’d like to share of how you can do better?
DW: No. Not really.

better days
10-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I lay a big part of the blame for the 3 losses on Wannstedt, the rest of the blame on Fitz.

kishoph
10-14-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121014/SPORTS/121019554/1004

Q: Is there an example you’d like to share of how you can do better?
DW: No. Not really.

He said no because he hasn't a clue what to do.

Luisito23
10-14-2012, 01:20 PM
LOL

coastal
10-14-2012, 01:22 PM
You're #1 on the death list now Wanny.

jimmifli
10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Friday afternoon press conferences are as chicken**** as his defense plays.

jimmifli
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
So now that the defense won us a game, when do we get to speak to Dave? Anyone want to bet he doesn't wait until Friday ****ing afternoon?