PDA

View Full Version : Powell sucks

OpIv37
10-14-2012, 06:18 PM
We cut Moorman too soon.

Michael82
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
He's not that bad. Ive been impressed with some of his directional punts. But Moorman was used wrong when he was here...he's not a directional punter. He should have been told just to punt high and kick the crap out of it!

Joe Fo Sho
10-14-2012, 07:36 PM
He's not that bad. Ive been impressed with some of his directional punts. But Moorman was used wrong when he was here...he's not a directional punter. He should have been told just to punt high and kick the crap out of it!

Haha, while you might be right about that...I've just never heard anyone say that a punter was being used wrong.

Luisito23
10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Powell is the least of our worries. Aside from that 1 bad kick, I've been very impressed by him.

caseedo
10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
IRVING, Texas -- Punter Brian Moorman (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2797/brian-moorman) picked a bad time to have his health fail him. Moorman, signed a few weeks ago because punter Chris Jones (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14723/chris-jones) suffered a sprained knee, has a groin strain.

Moorman was injured while warming up before Wednesday's practice and won't play Sunday at Baltimore.

"Freak deal, not much I can do about it," Moorman said after Thursday's practice. "It's frustrating, just want to get it healthy and see where it takes me."

Ed
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
He made a really nice punt to pin them at the 1 in OT, but the coverage guys screwed up downing it. I'm not worried about our punting.

OpIv37
10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Powell is the least of our worries. Aside from that 1 bad kick, I've been very impressed by him.

he's screwed up at least one kick a game, and his distance is inconsistent.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
I remember when Moorman's first couple of years and everyone wanted him cut. He turned into the team's best player, which is pathetic in itself.

mrbojanglezs
10-15-2012, 06:16 AM
I disagree. He is much better at directional kicking then moorman. He actually uses 2 different styles. For his directional kicks he uses an Aussie style which has more control for distance than his normal hit it as far as you can punt style. I would imagine on he last kick it was a directional kick because Bruce would rather give up yardage than let Peterson return it

mikemac2001
10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
he shanked one vs pats during there comeback

and he shanked another one yesterday

he isnt the issue tho we need to complete wide open passes and not give up on the run in the 4th qtr

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 07:50 AM
I disagree. He is much better at directional kicking then moorman. He actually uses 2 different styles. For his directional kicks he uses an Aussie style which has more control for distance than his normal hit it as far as you can punt style. I would imagine on he last kick it was a directional kick because Bruce would rather give up yardage than let Peterson return it

It's one thing to give up a few yards to keep it out of the hands of someone like Peterson. It's another thing to barely get the ball past mid field.

ParanoidAndroid
10-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Moorman had a long stretch where he became one of the best "coffin corner" punters ever. I remember Paul McGuire commenting on how good he was. You might notice that he stopped kicking those when Dehaven took over. He had serious distance as well, but it seems that declined.

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Moorman had a long stretch where he became one of the best "coffin corner" punters ever. I remember Paul McGuire commenting on how good he was. You might notice that he stopped kicking those when Dehaven took over. He had serious distance as well, but it seems that declined.

No doubt Moorman was on the decline, but what has Powell done so far that was any better than what Moorman was doing? That's what frustrates me. The move made us younger and cheaper but those aren't the same thing as better.

jamze132
10-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Teams overthink the punt. It's basically there because your offense sucks. So you want to try a "directional" punt because the punt catcher is too good? That sounds great and all but if your my punter, I want you to kick the ball as far as you can out of bounds as close to the goal line as you can. I won't give ANY returner the chance to build momentum. I want to flip fields, not kick the ball 45-50 yards at a 28* angle so we can have our gunners heading to the right on a 20* and 26* heading to meet the punt catcher at the moment the ball comes down.

It's dumb. Kick the ****ing ball out of bounds as far as possible.

Historian
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
I kinda like the way this guy kicks the nose of the ball, and it drops about where he wanted it to.

Must hurt like hell on his foot.

Ingtar33
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I remember when Moorman's first couple of years and everyone wanted him cut. He turned into the team's best player, which is pathetic in itself.

I don't remember that... i sorta remember everyone being in love with him because he was rocking at least one 65-70 yarder a game his first season.

and i'll never forget that 70+ yarder he hit in Lambeau with that insane wind destroying both Farve and Bledsoe (and pretty much both kickers, and one punter, Moorman was like immune to the wind that game)

Mouldsie
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
No doubt Moorman was on the decline, but what has Powell done so far that was any better than what Moorman was doing? That's what frustrates me. The move made us younger and cheaper but those aren't the same thing as better.
The move was actually more expensive.

Prov401
10-15-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't remember that... i sorta remember everyone being in love with him because he was rocking at least one 65-70 yarder a game his first season.

and i'll never forget that 70+ yarder he hit in Lambeau with that insane wind destroying both Farve and Bledsoe (and pretty much both kickers, and one punter, Moorman was like immune to the wind that game)

I'll never forget that punt. That's also the same game Antoine Winfield absolutely destroyed Terry Glenn with a vicious hit near the sideline. Can anyone find a video of that punt?

Mr. Pink
10-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Powell gets a pass on his poor punting but Moorman was in decline/terrible because he's no longer here.

Got it!

OpIv37
10-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Powell's **** punt may have just cost us this game.