PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs! Playoffs!!??

Ed
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
I know this will just anger some of you (which is probably why I'm posting this), but the Bills hold a playoff spot right now. We currently hold the 6th spot. A Denver win tomorrow night would bump us down to 7th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

BillsFever21
10-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Here we go with some of the people thinking this team can make the playoffs. This is a bad team that got lucky today.

Plus any team who can't win in their division might as well forget about it. Once again we've been pathetic in the division but we're 3-1 outside the division. If we even win one of them games then we're 4-2 and a game ahead of everyone else. This team will win one or two games at the most in the division again this year.

You know this team is bad when fans are excited about having a 3-3 record with 3 blowout losses and 0-2 in the division. I don't see this year being any different.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Um we shouldnt of been in that position to get lucky if Fn Brad Smith doesnt throw that pick. Or if that wildcat **** wasnt called in the 1st place

imbondz
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
no way do I think we're a playoff team, or will make the playoffs. we're borderline a really bad team. But...the fact that if the season were to end right now, we'd be the 6th seed, is HILARIOUS and FUN!!!

Generalissimus Gibby
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
whoa there pilgrim, there's lots of losses ahead for this team. However, I think we could beat Tennessee maybe.

Ed
10-14-2012, 06:44 PM
I know the Bills don't look like a good team, but the AFC is really weak right now. This team is still in it, as much as that upsets some people.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
And we'd travel to San Diego for the wild card game. How do you think this team looks against Rivers, Gates and Mathews?

34-10 L?

Ed
10-14-2012, 06:47 PM
And we'd travel to San Diego for the wild card game. How do you think this team looks against Rivers, Gates and Mathews?

34-10 L?
We'll just practice in AZ for the whole week before the game and wear blue pants.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2012, 06:47 PM
I just want to make the playoffs. That is step 1

Luisito23
10-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Did we get a competent QB, and coaches in the last 15 mins?

Michael82
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Holy ****! I didnt realize how bad the AFC was. That's just crazy!

Skooby
10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Holy ****! I didnt realize how bad the AFC was. That's just crazy! LOL, it just goes to show you it's always something.

I hope Denver loses.

DynaPaul
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah... 6 games into the season and we're talking playoffs. Playoffs?

Johnny Bugmenot
10-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah... 6 games into the season and we're talking playoffs. Playoffs?
Hey, the team needs it. Heck, with a couple of key personnel changes on offense, and some consistency on defense, the dream lives on. Of course, playing the way they are now, especially at quarterback, isn't going to get them there, but the hope is still alive.

They desperately need to pick up some division wins, though.

RedEyE
10-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I know that this is bad but I look at the schedule and the Bills still have a legitimate shot at winning a total of 10 games this year.
Starts with a win over Tenn. Beat Miami twice, and wins over Indy, Jax, St. Louis, and Seattle.

Tough for this team, I know. But if Fitz can assemble himself to at least serviceable, the Bills can win all of the games mentioned above. I mean I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it or anything but it is very possible.

imbondz
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
I know that this is bad but I look at the schedule and the Bills still have a legitimate shot at winning a total of 10 games this year.
Starts with a win over Tenn. Beat Miami twice, and wins over Indy, Jax, St. Louis, and Seattle.

Tough for this team, I know. But if Fitz can assemble himself to at least serviceable, the Bills can win all of the games mentioned above. I mean I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it or anything but it is very possible.

very possible? it's possible. but this team is so inconsistent it's mostly just sort of possible

Don't Panic
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
This team is still in it, as much as that upsets some people.

If truth was ever spoken, this was it.

Don't Panic
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM

34-10 L?

Wow... no we're complaining with making the playoffs!

imbondz
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
in 2004, we finished the season 8-2. that was the last time we had a 6 game win streak.

RedEyE
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh it won't happen. They'll crumble for sure. Just interesting look at the shambles the AFC are in this year.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
it's is realistic for this team to go 9-7.... maybe, maybe 10-6...

it's do or die next week too... and then pray for a split agaisnt ne/tex

DynaPaul
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Come on... we're setting ourselves up for another post season let down.

Mike
10-14-2012, 10:20 PM

34-10 L?

NOOOOO Try 53-3 Loss

Mike
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey, the team needs it. Heck, with a couple of key personnel changes on offense, and some consistency on defense, the dream lives on. Of course, playing the way they are now, especially at quarterback, isn't going to get them there, but the hope is still alive.

They desperately need to pick up some division wins, though.

The Team Needs IT? Really, is getting 'IT' going to somehow improve the team and allow them to become contenders?

This isnt your Grandpa's Steelers of the 70's who needed to get over the hump
or your Dads 49ers of the 80's who just needed to beat the Cowboys and get over the hump

No this is the 2012 Bills, a team that in 2 games gave up more points/yards than any other team in history. This is the Team that has given up nearly 150 points in 3 games!!! No this is not your dads 49ers.

Ed
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Well with Denver's big comeback win against SD, Buffalo drops one spot to 7th in the playoff standings. If they win this weekend though, the Bills will automatically move into 5th regardless of what happens with the other games. The loser of the Pats-Jets game will drop to 3-4, Miami and SD have their byes, and even if Cincy beats Pitt we'll still have a better conference winning percentage.

So big week to notch an important conference win and stay in the playoff hunt. The Bills will be one of only 4 or 5 teams in the AFC with a winning record if they get the W. Don't want to have to spend two weeks thinking about a home loss to a losing team before two tough road games, so get it done Bills.

Updated Standings:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Johnny Bugmenot
10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
The Team Needs IT? Really, is getting 'IT' going to somehow improve the team and allow them to become contenders?

This isnt your Grandpa's Steelers of the 70's who needed to get over the hump
or your Dads 49ers of the 80's who just needed to beat the Cowboys and get over the hump

No this is the 2012 Bills, a team that in 2 games gave up more points/yards than any other team in history. This is the Team that has given up nearly 150 points in 3 games!!! No this is not your dads 49ers.
Mike, "it" refers to "making the playoffs." At the risk of sounding ridiculously redundant, I have stated repeatedly that the Bills making the playoffs will go a LONG way toward restoring the goodwill that has been lost in this town for their failure to reach the playoffs the last decade plus, and with that ever-present lease expiration hanging over their heads, that is extremely important. The failure is wearing thin.

Besides, this isn't 2009/2010 when we all knew this team wasn't good enough. This team (at least the defense, anyway) is good enough. It has the talent. It has the capability. It is simply underachieving-- grossly underachieving. It is like a genius flunking class because he doesn't do his homework. There is no structural flaw that the opponents are exploiting, no glaring weakness. Simply players not playing, linebackers either playing secondary or being totally invisible. That is not something that can't be fixed midseason.

trapezeus
10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
it's no fun constantly poo pooing the team, but literally, what they've shown so far would require an incredible amount of get it togetherness in the back end. Like giants 2008. And no one saw that team be able to go from doormat that year to a team that couldn't be stopped.

but once again we're left hoping for an anomaly that a statistical sure thing. the life of a bills fan.

Crisis
10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
I was thinking, if the Bills went 7-9 and snuck into the playoffs (ala Seattle) because of how bad the AFC is this year... would this year be a success?

I mean, I'd kill for a playoff game... but the chances of them doing any damage are slim to none and it would probably mean more of the same for the next few years.

Ed
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
I was thinking, if the Bills went 7-9 and snuck into the playoffs (ala Seattle) because of how bad the AFC is this year... would this year be a success?

I mean, I'd kill for a playoff game... but the chances of them doing any damage are slim to none and it would probably mean more of the same for the next few years.
Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That 7-9 Seattle team beat a pretty good Saints team. Denver finished 8-8 last year and looked abysmal in their last few games, but they beat Pittsburgh in a pretty exciting game. I live in Denver and this place was electric for a week. Just the idea of the Bills having a chance at that would be pretty awesome.