X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Got the W, but the 4th Q Coaching deserved a L

Where do you start? One of the worst coached games in my 20+ years of watching football.

I'm happy for the players, but man how can you ****ing have any confidence in your coaches after witnessing that 4th quarter.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Got the W, but the 4th Q Coaching deserved a L

we got lucky. makes no sense he makes a 61 yarder, then misses a 36 yarder. makes no sense we couldn't run 1:00 off the clock to at least send it into overtime instead of giving them a shot at winning it in regulation. but i'll take it. last season the Lions won most of their games on luck, i'm fine with us getting some.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

What about the ****ing Wildcat garbage when we're ripping off runs?

What about the punt in OT? CJ rips a 17 yarder, we're on the 35 and go pass/pass/pass. I just don't understand what they were thinking.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I easily could be, but doesn't Brad Smith decide whether he hands it off, runs with it, or throws it? Or do you think Gailey actually called that play?

That was the worst throw and play call I have ever seen. Just no sense at all in doing that. Just keep moving the ball and kick the field goal.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, and I easily could be, but doesn't Brad Smith decide whether he hands it off, runs with it, or throws it? Or do you think Gailey actually called that play?

That was the worst throw and play call I have ever seen. Just no sense at all in doing that. Just keep moving the ball and kick the field goal.
          Who put Brad Smith in the huddle ?
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

Nah, it was a designed play. I doubt any coach puts the decision in the players hand late in the game, which makes it really scary. Gailey thought it was a good idea to pass. I mean, Gailey obviously told him to throw it if it's there, but you can't count on him to execute.

When the Bengals had Sanu throw the ball to AJ it was a simple read. Any wildcat package that teams ran against the Skins was met with cover zero, so Gruden knew that going into the game and so did his players. Sanu just had to identify the middle of the field and just throw it as far as he could. If the safety vacated, Sanu throws.

Maybe Chan and Co saw something similar with the Cards D vs wildcat, but honestly, I dont really care. We were running the ball well, why take a risk, just eat clock and churn yards.
            Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X