PDA

View Full Version : Glad for the win but a few things are even more clear

X-Era
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Loved the win and it may do a world of good to help us believe we can win.

But a few things bugged me:

1) CJ is the starter and it's not even close anymore. Freddie looks real slow now. I'd still play Freddie for sure but we need to feature Spiller and give him 60% or more of the carries.

2) Fitz is so incredibly inaccurate. It's really bad. He didn't lose the game for us and he didn't win it either. Or O is really hampered by his inaccuracy at this point.

3) That Smith throw from the Wildcat made no sense and was a horrible throw. We almost gave the game away there. I will be very interested to see if Chan made that call or if Brad did. You run the ball and setup the field goal in that spot.

4) Kelvin Sheppard is really bad. He's washed out of plays, he can't tackle, he can't shed blocks, he's out of position, he's overpowered. It's bad. We need a new starting ILB.

5) Nice job by the front 4. I realize their OL is bad but they had consistent pressure with lots of plays. Mario looked good as did both Kelsay and Williams.

6) Really wish we would have caught on to Kolb's ability to run and left a spy. I seriously thought he would break 100 yards.

7) Bradham made plays but also blew some tackles too. Barnett missed some plays as well. We need some upgrades at LB.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Agree on all counts. Some special props goes to Moore also. Kid looks good

imbondz
10-14-2012, 07:27 PM
the Smith throw is because Gailey still has one foot in college ball

coastal
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Chris Kelsay balled today.

casdhf
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Jones was held on that wildcat play. If he wasnt, I think he would have had a play on the ball.

X-Era
10-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Jones was held on that wildcat play. If he wasnt, I think he would have had a play on the ball.It's still a dumb play call to throw it up for grabs like that when you need to run the clown down and kick it for the win.

mush69
10-14-2012, 07:44 PM
There were a lot of bad play calls today, but the Brad Smith throw for 40 yards was the worst! The whole left side was open for him to gain big yards.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Clearer, not more clear.

And yes I agree with most of those points.

ZAZusmc03
10-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I agree the wildcat call was terrible, but the pass? that was on target, if Jones hadn't been held/ lost his balance, thats a td

NOT THE DUDE...
10-14-2012, 09:18 PM
i thought the lbs were decent...

the problem is not talent, they are not getting pushed back, but the technique is bad... only kyle williams should be penetrating that much, everyone else should hit their gap and scrape down the los... also, the des, need to get more wide and set the edge on running downs... cbs need more inside leverage..

start cj, and fitz needs to just not lose the games for us...

just win next week as it is do or die. and we can reset and try to get lucky

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I'll be at the game so they better win or else I'll go to the next game.

Marcala12
10-15-2012, 12:46 AM
We should be running as much as the Texans run in their games. I like the idea of Fred in there because he is straight up punishing defenders. He has lost a step and he doesn't hit home runs or even make people miss; but i feel like giving him 15 carries a week only helps CJ's cause, provided that we give CJ 15-20 touches per week as well. no denying that fred is running with more power than just about any rb in the league. He's not as good as CJ anymore, it's obvious, but let him go out there and hurt some people..it's good for CJ.