Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Spiller needs to be given the starting title and revolve the offense around him

It just dazzles my mind why Spiller would have 12 carries and Jackson have 16 carries. Spiller is out there making big plays and without his plays we lose easily yet Chan still continues to split carries and give Jackson more touches.

Jackson is still a capable backup and somebody to relieve Spiller but he is looking old and slow. This is a detriment to the team with the way Gailey is using the two of them. Out of the 28 carries Spiller should've had 20 of them and Jackson the rest. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon though.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Spiller needs to be given the starting title and revolve the offense around him

I couldn't agree more. CJ is the best talent we've had since the 90's.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Re: Spiller needs to be given the starting title and revolve the offense around him

it's possible that Spiller is still injured. on one of his last plays, it looked like he was grimacing after landing on his shoulder. But...I could be wrong. If I am, then yes it boggles the mind.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

No real debate here but FJ's instincts for the extra yard mean so much near the goal line.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I like the change of base between them.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The King View Post
            I like the change of base between them.
            Did you mean Ace of bass?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Change of pace.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

all signs point to Spiller getting more carries

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                  all signs point to Spiller getting more carries
                  Except those signs have been there for weeks and Fred continues to get more carries.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

yeah I was just making a bad ace of base reference. sorry

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      it's possible that Spiller is still injured. on one of his last plays, it looked like he was grimacing after landing on his shoulder.
                      He did it twice today. Once early in the game and then that one at the end. He also ran out of bounds to avoid the hit. He's still hurt.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                        He did it twice today. Once early in the game and then that one at the end. He also ran out of bounds to avoid the hit. He's still hurt.
                        I actually wonder if him turning back up field was a debate but now that pointed it out, it makes huge sense.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

The guy is a thoroughbred and you don't sit your thoroghbreds...you run them until they figure out a way to stop him.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I could see Gailey giving more touches to Jackson next week just to give Spiller a bit more of a chance to heal going into the bye. Coming out of the bye needs to be Spillers party.

Comment

Working...
                            X