• Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Ryan Lindell 50+ FG stats

Career 50+ FGs

18-33

So, we had a 55% chance of making that kick. He hasn't kicked a 50+ kick since 2010 when he went 2-5.

But, we were tied, it wasn't like if he missed we lost the game. Should have kicked it...but i'm not going to complain too bad cuz it worked out
    Last edited by imbondz; 10-14-2012, 07:44 PM.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Ryan Lindell 50+ FG stats

The announcers even said that the Bills put the game on their defense, AZ had to get the ball regardless.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

And again, it is important to note that making that kick doesn't win immediately...
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

right, AZ was getting the ball no matter what. but them getting the ball back down 3-0 is better than all tied up. the game then is still on our D either way.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Gailey is a horrible coach, but punting right there was the right decision. I wouldn't of trusted Lindell with that kick either.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
            Gailey is a horrible coach, but punting right there was the right decision. I wouldn't of trusted Lindell with that kick either.
            but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20. Not that big of a deal. Our D had to stop AZ no matter what.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I agree with the punt here. But regardless the Bills can't afford to have two kickers on the roster. They need to add to the defensive front 7.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20.

Also, remember that it would've been at the 1 had Martin not been such a dummy.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20. Not that big of a deal. Our D had to stop AZ no matter what.
                  42, actually. So even with the screw up by the gunner, it's a 22 yard difference.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

We don't know how it would've turned out so the point is moot I guess. If he misses it then the Cardinals have good field position and only needs a FG to win. If they punt and they go down and get a FG then the Cardinals win. If he makes it then it's a tie if the Cardinals get a FG. Lets just be happy it worked out in the end.

With the way Skelton was playing I'm not too against punting the ball instead of taking the chance of giving them good FG position. If he misses it all it takes is a couple decent plays to get into FG position. I can't fault or agree with his decision there. It has been a while since Lindell has tried a 50+ yard FG.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                      • Jul 2002

well, I assume we were hoping the punter would put the ball inside the 10 and not punt into the endzone. I don't agree with most of what gailey did today, but, that was the right call. With the old OT rules, I think we go for the kick.

Comment

• Syderick
                        • Apr 2006

I didn't like the idea of the 3 straight passes once they got the to 35. I figured the Bills wanted to play the field position game, and that's why they punted. With they way the D was playing it seemed like it wasn't a too bad of an idea. However they didn't get inside the 20, but the D still got a turnover. OT rules were probably a factor in the decision as well.
                        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                        X