PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lindell 50+ FG stats

imbondz
10-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Career 50+ FGs

18-33

So, we had a 55% chance of making that kick. He hasn't kicked a 50+ kick since 2010 when he went 2-5.

But, we were tied, it wasn't like if he missed we lost the game. Should have kicked it...but i'm not going to complain too bad cuz it worked out

Skooby
10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
The announcers even said that the Bills put the game on their defense, AZ had to get the ball regardless.

MikeInRoch
10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
And again, it is important to note that making that kick doesn't win immediately...

imbondz
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
right, AZ was getting the ball no matter what. but them getting the ball back down 3-0 is better than all tied up. the game then is still on our D either way.

Luisito23
10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Gailey is a horrible coach, but punting right there was the right decision. I wouldn't of trusted Lindell with that kick either.

imbondz
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Gailey is a horrible coach, but punting right there was the right decision. I wouldn't of trusted Lindell with that kick either.

but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20. Not that big of a deal. Our D had to stop AZ no matter what.

RedEyE
10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I agree with the punt here. But regardless the Bills can't afford to have two kickers on the roster. They need to add to the defensive front 7.

Luisito23
10-14-2012, 08:11 PM
but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20.

Also, remember that it would've been at the 1 had Martin not been such a dummy.

MikeInRoch
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
but if he misses, AZ gets the ball back at the 35 yard line instead of the 20. Not that big of a deal. Our D had to stop AZ no matter what.

42, actually. So even with the screw up by the gunner, it's a 22 yard difference.

BillsFever21
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
We don't know how it would've turned out so the point is moot I guess. If he misses it then the Cardinals have good field position and only needs a FG to win. If they punt and they go down and get a FG then the Cardinals win. If he makes it then it's a tie if the Cardinals get a FG. Lets just be happy it worked out in the end.

With the way Skelton was playing I'm not too against punting the ball instead of taking the chance of giving them good FG position. If he misses it all it takes is a couple decent plays to get into FG position. I can't fault or agree with his decision there. It has been a while since Lindell has tried a 50+ yard FG.

ct bills fan
10-14-2012, 09:24 PM

well, I assume we were hoping the punter would put the ball inside the 10 and not punt into the endzone. I don't agree with most of what gailey did today, but, that was the right call. With the old OT rules, I think we go for the kick.

Syderick
10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
I didn't like the idea of the 3 straight passes once they got the to 35. I figured the Bills wanted to play the field position game, and that's why they punted. With they way the D was playing it seemed like it wasn't a too bad of an idea. However they didn't get inside the 20, but the D still got a turnover. OT rules were probably a factor in the decision as well.