PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson was a monster player today

Skooby
10-14-2012, 08:19 PM
He was always ready for a pass even if Fitz couldn't get it to him, it raises our odds of success for evey game.

imbondz
10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
totally agreed. plus every catch he made he added yards after catch.

coastal
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
We have two heads of the three headed monster.

and Fitz pretending to be the third.

CJ and Stevie are All-Pros with a real QB.

Bangarang
10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
When Chan gets fired, our roster has some talent on it for the new coach. Hopefully that makes this team more desirable for potential hires.

jimmifli
10-14-2012, 08:52 PM
When Chan gets fired, our roster has some talent on it for the new coach. Hopefully that makes this team more desirable for potential hires.
Man, I'm starting to wonder about Chan. If a real QB was throwing the ball we put up 40+ points today. Our drives were all killed by poor throws not the defense.

kingJofNYC
10-14-2012, 08:52 PM

Thats what I'm hoping for. Kind of like Nolan/Singletary left a lot of talent for Harbaugh. Too bad they didn't leave him a QB

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-15-2012, 05:35 AM
I can't imagine what this team would look like with a quarterback that could make half the throws that Fitz can't make.

Historian
10-15-2012, 05:58 AM
I thought Stevie looked good, and ran nice routes that confused his defenders.

mrbojanglezs
10-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Stevie always swats the defender quickly when he breaks to get to the ball to get separation, is this legal?

jamze132
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Stevie has always been a great route runner but you can see each week he is growing more and more frustrated with his QBs inability to throw the ball to him on point. Eventually Stevie is going to get lazy if this nonsense from Fitz continues.

The King
10-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Stevie has always been a great route runner but you can see each week he is growing more and more frustrated with his QBs inability to throw the ball to him on point. Eventually Stevie is going to get lazy if this nonsense from Fitz continues.

Kind of a weird post. Stevie doesnt really run routes. He runs to spots.

jamze132
10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Kind of a weird post. Stevie doesnt really run routes. He runs to spots.

Stevie doesn't really run routes? Seriously?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Stevie moves mountains in the winter, during blizzards.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM

Chan is doing a good job IMO. He calls a great game offensively. If he had a good young QB we'd be scoring a ton of points. A better DC would also be key for Chan as he focuses more on the offense as do many HC around the league, Shanahan, McCarthy, Payton etc. Unless Wandstadt improves...

jimmifli
10-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Chan is doing a good job IMO. He calls a great game offensively. If he had a good young QB we'd be scoring a ton of points. A better DC would also be key for Chan as he focuses more on the offense as do many HC around the league, Shanahan, McCarthy, Payton etc. Unless Wandstadt improves...
Chan is a very good offensive coordinator. The head coach has larger responsibilities. The team quit in two games this season. That's the head coach's problem.

The King
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Yea. Seriously. He was making about 3 to 4 cuts on Peterson to get to his spots. Spins, jukes whatever he could to break away it was incredible to watch. But that's not route running. Both he a Fitz have spoke about this in the past. He has a designated spot to get to on the field not necessarily a called route, post, flag, out, etc...

Not to say he cant run routes but he's had the success against Revis running the style he ran yesterday.

The last buffalo fan
10-15-2012, 10:32 AM

You should pay more atention to the expert comments from the one and only Steve Tasker!

The King
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
You should pay more atention to the expert comments from the one and only Steve Tasker!

Did he talk about this yesterday too?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
If you spin or juke to get to a certain point, there's a route to get there.

Ingtar33
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Stevie always swats the defender quickly when he breaks to get to the ball to get separation, is this legal?

Terrell Owens and Michael Irving made a living doing that. I don't think it's a coincidence SJ broke out the year Owens was on this team.

Ingtar33
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Not to say he cant run routes but he's had the success against Revis running the style he ran yesterday.

you're right, Gailey's offense requires the WR to be in a certain spot at a certain time, It usually doesn't call for the specific rout he takes to get there (though some routs are sorta given based on the time required).

SJ usually is always open, even on the games he's "shut down", Fitz just doesn't get him the ball. When Fitz said this last week that SJ was going to have a good game, I read it as the coaches taking him aside and telling him to look for SJ more, because they HAD to have been seeing what i was seeing in weeks 1-5, SJ running free 80% of the passing down snaps, and Fitz not even looking at him.

The King
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
That's what I thought. And I thnk that's also why he was locked up in the Jets game, Revis was jamming him hard on the line.

The last buffalo fan
10-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Did he talk about this yesterday too?

Yep. He has been saying this since last season, and has been pointing it out more about two weeks ago. At least he "likes" Stevie.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Yep. He has been saying this since last season, and has been pointing it out more about two weeks ago. At least he "likes" Stevie.

I agree Mi Amigo.