PDA

View Full Version : The "experts" all picked AZ, where are they now ?

Skooby
10-14-2012, 09:50 PM
ESPN & all the experts picked AZ, so how did it go? Moneyline was easy picking on this game, suckers.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
How many more stupid threads are you going to make this week?

Billsfan3
10-15-2012, 12:13 AM
lol yup they did

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:18 AM
How many more stupid threads are you going to make this week?

I'm guessing about 9 more before Tuesday. It's always great calling out the "experts" for choosing wrong when your team gets out sucked in a game.

Marcala12
10-15-2012, 12:28 AM
yea you really picked the hell out of that missed 30 yard field goal; you knew that was going to happen, obviously.

Mike
10-15-2012, 12:29 AM
ESPN & all the experts picked AZ, so how did it go? Moneyline was easy picking on this game, suckers.

Its easy to say it after the fact,
Hindsight is 20/20

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM
lol yup they did

Are you like the only one that got my point ?

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Can we cut this ****?

"OMG the experts are picking us to win over NE! Woo-hoo!"
"OMG, can you believe the so-called 'experts' picked AZ to beat us."

Who the hell cares? There is no exact formula for picking the winners of NFL games and even the most knowledgeable football people are going to get it wrong quite frequently. And given how poorly the Bills played the previous 2 weeks and the fact that it was the 2nd back-to-back away west coast game, it's not surprising that people were picking us to lose. Stop getting mad at people saying negative things about the team and start getting mad at the team for being so piss-poor that the negative things make sense.

Mike
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM

They also picked that we make the playoffs...

G Wolly
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
They're experts, not perfectionists.

It was one game. Who gives a ****.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
They're experts, not perfectionists.

It was one game. Who gives a ****.

Can you tell your boss that I want hockey back, please?

THRILLHO
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I also picked us to lose. Here I am. If you knew anything about the way we played our last two games, you would have too.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I also picked us to lose. Here I am. If you knew anything about the way we played our last two games, you would have too.

AZ game was going to be close, so all loading up for one team is pretty freaking weak. ESPN needs to get over themselves & stop torturing Chris Berman over his Bills homerism. I used to live right around serveral corners from where Chris still lives, he's a good man.

Did you even get any picks right in the AFC this weekend?

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Are you taking notes in your zebra journal skooby?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:05 PM

I found it, rough weekend for you.

Haha, after being so awesome I whiffed on all four games. Its a good thing though!

THRILLHO
10-15-2012, 10:01 PM
AZ game was going to be close, so all loading up for one team is pretty freaking weak. ESPN needs to get over themselves & stop torturing Chris Berman over his Bills homerism. I used to live right around serveral corners from where Chris still lives, he's a good man.

What does picking the team with the better record to beat the team that had given up a ton of yards and put up no points have to do with Chris Berman? Picking against Buffalo was the smartest move this week. Vs the Titans next week? Still unsure.

THRILLHO
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I found it, rough weekend for you.

If you want to talk about predictions what about your total season prediction? 10-5-1. Lets forget about the tie, you have just two losses allowed. Feeling good about that?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 10:21 PM
What does picking the team with the better record to beat the team that had given up a ton of yards and put up no points have to do with Chris Berman? Picking against Buffalo was the smartest move this week. Vs the Titans next week? Still unsure.

If your only way to determine who is going to win a game is their current standings, then it's going to be tough sledding for you.

I'll use one variance that was going to put the game in our favor, our D-line versus their O-line. We were going to spend the entire game watching Kolb run for his life, he had no good time in the pocket & boy did he run. I figured that after being sacked 17 times in the previous 2 games, he's probably a little knicked up. Lo and behold, he tries to gain a few extra yards & gets 1/3 of ton dropped on him.

As per Tenn this week, Hasselback is not going to respond well to our defense & the noise. The weather looks to be perfect, about 60 degrees & sunny. I think we win by about 13 points, maybe 15.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
If you want to talk about predictions what about your total season prediction? 10-5-1. Lets forget about the tie, you have just two losses allowed. Feeling good about that?

No, I'd like to back that to closer to .500 having more information now. I like the weekly deals, it gives everyone a fair chance to come up with what's going to happen. This figure out the whole season before it starts is really a guess, too many variables.

OpIv37
10-16-2012, 09:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, would you be making the same plea if Berman were a Pats or Jets homer?

Skooby
10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, would you be making the same plea if Berman were a Pats or Jets homer?

You mean like the rest of ESPN does everyday / all the time ?? If Berman was anything but a Bills fan, he'd be dead to me.

OpIv37
10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
You mean like the rest of ESPN does everyday / all the time ?? If Berman was anything but a Bills fan, he'd be dead to me.

So, just to be 100% clear on this:

You're only opposed to homerism for teams you don't like, and everyone should back off guys who are homers for teams you do like.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Lets see you allow 97 points in two games, play with no heart, lose several players to injury, and don't admit that there is a problem and its obvious why everyone would pick against you. Am I happy the Bills won? Yes, actually I am. That being said, I think this team has lots of fundamental problems that need to be addressed.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2012, 04:15 PM

even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Skooby
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

I said the same thing to your blind-folded Mom.

OpIv37
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I said the same thing to your blind-folded Mom.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you're comparing your junk to an acorn. That's not exactly flattering.

Skooby
10-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you're comparing your junk to an acorn. That's not exactly flattering.

Oh man, well that's not good.

SABURZFAN
10-18-2012, 04:25 PM
:lolpoint: Skooby

IlluminatusUIUC
10-18-2012, 05:55 PM

:rofl: Literally gloating about a winning a bet when a chipshot game-winning field goal ricocheted off the upright. Yeah, sure you knew it all along.

Mike
10-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Why not start a similar thread that shows a Pro Bills Bias?
Last week all the experts picked the Bills where are they now????

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap1000000082447/Playbook-Titans-vs-Bills

- - - Updated - - -

Re: The "experts" all picked AZ, where are they now ?
Why not start a similar thread that shows a Pro Bills Bias?
Last week all the experts picked the Bills where are they now????

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...itans-vs-Bills (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap1000000082447/Playbook-Titans-vs-Bills)