PDA

View Full Version : Oh ye of little faith

better days
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Just as those that have no faith in Jesus as our savior & lord will miss out on a GLORIOUS afterlife, those that have no faith in the Bills & did not watch the game missed out on a GLORIOUS WIN. Despite the foul attempt to steal this win from the Bills by the officials, the team persevered to the last minute for the win. One of the best I have had the pleasure to watch in a long time.

And to the "realists", The REALITY is this team hung in to the very bitter end despite numerous adversities for the WIN. The Bills are now tied with every other team in the AFC East for 1st place. There was no QUIT in this team & those that derided Buddy & Chan before this game have been proven wrong. Suck on that.

Mike
10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I see what your saying. If you believe the Bills will make it to the promise land...

- - - Updated - - -

Faith will get you there

better days
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I see what your saying. If you believe the Bills will make it to the promise land...

- - - Updated - - -

Faith will get you there

I am not saying the Bills will make it to the Super Bowl this year. Or even to the playoffs. I am saying I have faith Buddy & Chan have this team heading in the right direction & those that have no faith in that will miss out on some GOOD times as the Bills start to make their climb & take their place at the top of the division.

I have said before that it was just a matter of time before Brady & the Pats* come down to Earth. Well, they may still win the division this year & maybe even the Super Bowl, but their time is at hand. They sit at 3-3, tied with everyone else in the division. Brady & the Pats* look like they are ready to be had.

A while back, I was at my brothers condo watching the Bills play the Oilers. The Bills were getting CRUSHED by the Oilers & my brother wanted to turn the game off to watch golf or some other nonsense. Being his older brother, I refused to let him do that & he still thanks me to this day for that. FAITH.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Just as those that have no faith in Jesus as our savior & lord will miss out on a GLORIOUS afterlife, those that have no faith in the Bills & did not watch the game missed out on a GLORIOUS WIN. Despite the foul attempt to steal this win from the Bills by the officials, the team persevered to the last minute for the win. One of the best I have had the pleasure to watch in a long time.

And to the "realists", The REALITY is this team hung in to the very bitter end despite numerous adversities for the WIN. The Bills are now tied with every other team in the AFC East for 1st place. There was no QUIT in this team & those that derided Buddy & Chan before this game have been proven wrong. Suck on that.

Chan is a ****ing idiot. Are you drunk or something?

If the players didn't save this game for him he would have been fired tonight.

better days
10-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Chan is a ****ing idiot. Are you drunk or something?

If the players didn't save this game for him he would have been fired tonight.

Yeah, I am drunk or something at this time. CELEBRATING a GREAT win by the Bills. If the players don't play well, ANY & EVERY team will lose, FACT. The point is the players still believe in Chan or they would not have played like they did today.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Chan hasn't proven anything. His play calling was crap yet again today. Buffalo stole a W today, they did not play like they wanted it. It was a game that somebody had to win and Buffalo sucked just a little less then the Cards. It's always great having a W, but lets beat a solid team. Not just the Chiefs,Browns, and Cards.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I am drunk or something at this time. CELEBRATING a GREAT win by the Bills. If the players don't play well, ANY & EVERY team will lose, FACT. The point is the players still believe in Chan or they would not have played like they did today.

Thats nice and all, but does that mean the team didn't believe in Chan for the Jets or Pats or Niners game?

better days
10-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Thats nice and all, but does that mean the team didn't believe in Chan for the Jets or Pats or Niners game?

Well, the Bills lost those games & SUCKED for much of them. I don't think however that the TEAM ever QUIT or gave up in those games. POOR play by a few players led to those losses IMO.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 12:23 AM

The only thing great about this game was that CJ spiller again proved he should be the starter and the defense looked like an NFL caliber defense. To say this was a great win is crazy. I am happy they won but I'm not happy with how the head coach handled the game management.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
I truly believe the defense game together and said we are not letting our dumb **** head coach blow this game for us.

Marcala12
10-15-2012, 12:27 AM
happy to get the win, we have some good players. but our coach is terrible and every win we get is another few draft spots later we pick with a cap of 7 wins or 8 wins if we get very lucky.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:29 AM
The only thing great about this game was that CJ spiller again proved he should be the starter and the defense looked like an NFL caliber defense. To say this was a great win is crazy. I am happy they won but I'm not happy with how the head coach handled the game management.

I still am not overly impressed by the D. Allowed the Cards well over their avg rushing a game. The Dline showed up against a bad oline. I want to see the D play solidly against a good offensive team. Freddy definitely shouldn't be the starter. CJ the rest of the way. Was an ugly W.

better days
10-15-2012, 12:30 AM
I truly believe the defense game together and said we are not letting our dumb **** head coach blow this game for us.

Well, the best way to get rid of a HC you think is a dumb **** is to play like CRAP & LOSE. The TEAM proved they still believe in Chan with the way they played today.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:35 AM
I don't see a player wanting to play like crap to get a HC fired. They have to make plays to get a payday. Play like crap to get a coach fired wouldn't do a player any favors.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't see a player wanting to play like crap to get a HC fired. They have to make plays to get a payday. Play like crap to get a coach fired wouldn't do a player any favors.

Beat me to it. No respecting human would want to be the reason someone gets fired.

better days
10-15-2012, 12:43 AM

Unless a player is in a contract year, he will not hurt himself by playing at a lesser level than he is capable of. Players get paid the same no matter how well or poor they play & vets are guaranteed their salary for the year. If a Team does not like playing for a Coach, that Coach will be fired sooner rather than later.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 12:45 AM
I honestly didn't think you were one of the fans that would get all giddy and think everything is solved after an ugly ugly win better days.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 12:49 AM
No doubt that player(s) can have an impact on a coach being fired, I just see them doing it in a more private way then playing poorly on the field.

better days
10-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Beat me to it. No respecting human would want to be the reason someone gets fired.

Well, I can't argue that, I think you are right. HOWEVER in the REAL World, MANY people would love to see a boss they don't like fired & many would be happy to be the reason for his firing. It does not take an entire team to get a HC fired, just a few key players that don't like him & it happens all the time.

better days
10-15-2012, 12:58 AM
I honestly didn't think you were one of the fans that would get all giddy and think everything is solved after an ugly ugly win better days.

Well, I am just enjoying the Win. I know this team still has problems, especially at QB. The defense played MUCH better today & we will find out next week if that was real or just a mirage because the Cards Offense is so terrible.

Prov401
10-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Quick question, as I didn't want to make a thread solely on this. Tough to watch Bills games as I live in Brady land, but is our 2nd kicker, Potters, drilling them out of the end zone every kickoff? If he is, I get why he has a roster spot. How has his season been?

Thanks ahead...

better days
10-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Quick question, as I didn't want to make a thread solely on this. Tough to watch Bills games as I live in Brady land, but is our 2nd kicker, Potters, drilling them out of the end zone every kickoff? If he is, I get why he has a roster spot. How has his season been?

Thanks ahead... His kicks went into the endzone but not out of it today. In a Dome. A few were returned, but not for many yds. If the Bills need a LONG FG for a win, I would like to see Potter attempt them myself. Let's see if he can kick straight.

Fatwhite02
10-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Hell, after the two previous weeks, I'm going to have a beer and enjoy a win.

Extremebillsfan247
10-15-2012, 05:00 AM

I don't claim to be a part of the reality pack here, but the criticism that Nix and Gailey received before the game was well earned, and deserved. They barely held on to beat a team with one of the worst offenses in the NFL. The Cardinals were not as good as their record indicated. I mentioned that before the game, and the Bills just added credibility to it. It was a good win, and something this team needed. But a lot of the same struggles were still evident in this game. Turnovers, Fitzpatrick failing to complete simple passes, and poor preparation are things that buried this team in the previous 2 games. It was our defense, and running game that kept this team in it. If Fitzpatrick ever gets his act together, this can be a winning franchise. If not, we will have to hope for more victories like this one. JMO

Historian
10-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Somebody's channelling discopatty...

DraftBoy
10-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Did you really just try and draw a comparison between someones faith in Christ and a football team? Aside from how absolutely ridiculous that is, was it really necessary to give a quick jab to any non-Christian fans we have as well?

better days
10-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Did you really just try and draw a comparison between someones faith in Christ and a football team? Aside from how absolutely ridiculous that is, was it really necessary to give a quick jab to any non-Christian fans we have as well?

Why not jab the non-Christians? Your avatar is a jab at all the Christians on this board. I did not just try to make a comparison, I made a successful comparison. And my comparison is far less ridiculous than your avatar.

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 07:57 AM

The reality is that we are not tied for for first place because we have head to head losses and a worse division record and conf record than the other teams who are "tied" with us. If the season ended today we'd officially be last in the division.

The reality is that we got absolutely DESTROYED in 3 of our 6 games, by two really good teams in SF and NE and a mediocre Jets team.

The reality is that we destroyed a bad KC team, barely beat a terrible Browns team that almost came back on us, and barely beat AZ, who has a solid D but perhaps the worst OL in football.

The reality is that we are still the same middle-of-the-pack team that we've been for way too long. We rack up wins against bottom-feeders but can't hang with quality opponents or our division teams.

better days
10-15-2012, 08:08 AM
The reality is that we are not tied for for first place because we have head to head losses and a worse division record and conf record than the other teams who are "tied" with us. If the season ended today we'd officially be last in the division.

The reality is that we got absolutely DESTROYED in 3 of our 6 games, by two really good teams in SF and NE and a mediocre Jets team.

The reality is that we destroyed a bad KC team, barely beat a terrible Browns team that almost came back on us, and barely beat AZ, who has a solid D but perhaps the worst OL in football.

The reality is that we are still the same middle-of-the-pack team that we've been for way too long. We rack up wins against bottom-feeders but can't hang with quality opponents or our division teams.

True if the season ended today, the Bills would be in last place. They have just as many wins however as the rest of the division. The AZ defense is more than solid, it is GOOD & that team beat some very good teams before playing the Bills in Arizona yesterday.

I never said the Bills will win the Super Bowl this year, but I believe Nix & Gailey have this team on the right track & those that missed this game, missed a GREAT time on Sunday.

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Why not jab the non-Christians? Your avatar is a jab at all the Christians on this board. I did not just try to make a comparison, I made a successful comparison. And my comparison is far less ridiculous than your avatar.

I think your comparison is far more ridiculous than his avatar.

DraftBoy
10-15-2012, 08:42 AM

:rofl: My avatar is a jab at nobody, and nothing, just because you don't agree with its portrayal (which you wouldn't understand since you don't know the explanation behind it) doesn't mean its meant to insult anybody or any religion, which per your reply was clearly your intent. Just sad is all, but this is about the Bills.

The win was great, but it was also very telling about our flaws.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Chan hasn't proven anything. His play calling was crap yet again today. Buffalo stole a W today, they did not play like they wanted it. It was a game that somebody had to win and Buffalo sucked just a little less then the Cards. It's always great having a W, but lets beat a solid team. Not just the Chiefs,Browns, and Cards.

His playcalling was not bad today. His playcall was bad, as in, that one call he made for reasons I can't comprehend. Other than that though he called great plays but Fitz was horrible. He had no accuracy whatsoever today and was pissing me and Stevie off. I don't know how he missed Fred Jackson wide open in the flat for what would have been a first down.

Still, Fitz is the best we got. But when/if he is upgraded, our offense can be a juggernaut with the talent we have on OL and skill positions.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Amen.

Bill Cody
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Still, Fitz is the best we got.

Is he? I'd like to find out.

cookie G
10-15-2012, 09:33 AM

meh, being a Bills fan is closer to being Jewish.

Jewish faithful: Rabbi, it has been over 5000 years, when will the Messiah finally arrive?

Rabbi: "Soon"

cookie G
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Still, Fitz is the best we got.

Well..with Fitz being from Arizona...

"So if someone tells you, 'Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,' don't bother to go and look. Or, 'Look, he is hiding here,' don't believe it!

Matthew 24:26

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:39 AM
meh, being a Bills fan is closer to being Jewish.

Jewish faithful: Rabbi, it has been over 5000 years, when will the Messiah finally arrive?

Rabbi: "Soon"

More like Rabbi you owe money to the main mensch in town & he responds that he'll pay you when the messiah arrives.

Bill Cody
10-15-2012, 10:58 AM

It was a good win. Awesome for you that you're going to live forever, congrats.

But no, winning a nailbiter against a mediocre AZ team does not wipe away two straight outright humiliations nor does it prove anybody wrong. This is a team capable of competing with the bottom third of the league which are a bunch of seriously flawed teams. So what? So we might go 7-9 and start next year with a backup under center again? How glorious.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 01:42 PM
His playcalling was not bad today. His playcall was bad, as in, that one call he made for reasons I can't comprehend. Other than that though he called great plays but Fitz was horrible. He had no accuracy whatsoever today and was pissing me and Stevie off. I don't know how he missed Fred Jackson wide open in the flat for what would have been a first down.

Still, Fitz is the best we got. But when/if he is upgraded, our offense can be a juggernaut with the talent we have on OL and skill positions.

You were ok with Gailey calling pass plays being up by 3? Especially when Fitz cant make throws. Gaileys play calling was bad. CJ was ripping off good chunks of yard. Keep running the ball, don't take it out of CJ's hands to have to have Fitz make plays.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 01:50 PM
:rofl: My avatar is a jab at nobody, and nothing, just because you don't agree with its portrayal (which you wouldn't understand since you don't know the explanation behind it) doesn't mean its meant to insult anybody or any religion, which per your reply was clearly your intent. Just sad is all, but this is about the Bills.

Nothing personal at all but your avatar is a Desecration, so if had my way about it / I'd change it. Religion has no real place here & I don't care if someone is Jewish / Catholic or non-binding, who cares. We're Bills fans, that's all I need to know.

better days
10-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Ridiculous. Of course you avatar is a jab at Christians & an insult to all Christians as well. To say otherwise is just very disingenuous. What is sad is if you really believe what you posted. I don't think you do however, you KNOW that you are jabbing Christians with that avatar. Like I said, very disingenuous of you.

As for the Bills, yes they are a team with flaws. As a fan of the team however since Buddy & Chan took over they are a fun team to watch again IMO which they never were when Jauron was in Charge.

YardRat
10-15-2012, 02:00 PM
As long as the W-L record is there at the end of the season, nobody cares who the opponents or what the scores were. Pretty moot point right now that NYG were swept by Washington, lost to Seattle, had a four game losing streak, lost 5 of 6 to start the second half of the season, and needed a couple of gift fumbles by San Fran to get to the Super Bowl not to mention yet another miracle catch to help them win.

Not saying the Bills are on the same level as the Giants by any means, but...

better days
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
It was a good win. Awesome for you that you're going to live forever, congrats.

But no, winning a nailbiter against a mediocre AZ team does not wipe away two straight outright humiliations nor does it prove anybody wrong. This is a team capable of competing with the bottom third of the league which are a bunch of seriously flawed teams. So what? So we might go 7-9 and start next year with a backup under center again? How glorious.

It remains to be seen how mediocre the Cards are. They were 4-1 before playing the Bills & have as good a chance as any team in that division of finishing in first place.

My point is Buddy & Chan have made a huge improvement in talent in this team & anyone that does not see that is blind. This team is just a few players away from being VERY GOOD.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
You were ok with Gailey calling pass plays being up by 3? Especially when Fitz cant make throws. Gaileys play calling was bad. CJ was ripping off good chunks of yard. Keep running the ball, don't take it out of CJ's hands to have to have Fitz make plays.

I think if Fitz connected on those passes which were to pretty open receivers it would be a non-issue. The call for Brad Smith to throw out of wildcat however was completely unnecessary as all we needed to do was kill some time and maybe add another 3 points to force them have to get a TD with only 1-2 minutes left.

However I do agree that Spiller should have been getting the ball more, in fact, he should have gotten the ball almost exclusively after scoring the TD. Gailey said he would feed the hot hand...

BADTHINGSMAN
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I think if Fitz connected on those passes which were to pretty open receivers it would be a non-issue. The call for Brad Smith to throw out of wildcat however was completely unnecessary as all we needed to do was kill some time and maybe add another 3 points to force them have to get a TD with only 1-2 minutes left.

However I do agree that Spiller should have been getting the ball more, in fact, he should have gotten the ball almost exclusively after scoring the TD. Gailey said he would feed the hot hand...

The biggest issue I have with Gailey's play calling yesterday was the fact that he stopped running when CJ was running great. Gailey knows that Fitz isn't accurate, so taking it out of a players hands that is making plays to put the game in Fitz's hands was dumb. Even dumber was the WC play. Never been a major fan of the WC. Your up 3 and have a chance to run the clock down and possibly score then do that. Don't throw and keep time on the clock.

better days
10-15-2012, 02:21 PM

It was a crazy game. To hit a 61 yd field goal & then miss a 21 yd field goal minutes later, CRAZY. Lets hope Chan gives Spiller a lot more work the rest of the Season.

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Ridiculous. Of course you avatar is a jab at Christians & an insult to all Christians as well. To say otherwise is just very disingenuous. What is sad is if you really believe what you posted. I don't think you do however, you KNOW that you are jabbing Christians with that avatar. Like I said, very disingenuous of you.

As for the Bills, yes they are a team with flaws. As a fan of the team however since Buddy & Chan took over they are a fun team to watch again IMO which they never were when Jauron was in Charge.

You mean he's trying to discredit your religion JUST like you tried to discredit mine in your OP?

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 02:25 PM
It was a crazy game. To hit a 61 yd field goal & then miss a 21 yd field goal minutes later, CRAZY. Lets hope Chan gives Spiller a lot more work the rest of the Season.

Spiller definitely needs to start. The short field goal to win was blocked by Carrington, otherwise I have to believe that field goal was going in.

better days
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
You mean he's trying to discredit your religion JUST like you tried to discredit mine in your OP?

Well, I apologize if I offended anyones religion. I was trying to make a statment about faith & everyone that believes in some form of religion has faith. The only people with no faith are atheists.

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, I apologize if I offended anyones religion. I was trying to make a statment about faith & everyone that believes in some form of religion has faith. The only people with no faith are atheists.

No worries. I don't get offended, especially on the internet. I was just making a point. Another point is that atheists don't necessarily have bad morals and ethics, they can be good people too.

better days
10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Another point is that atheists don't necessarily have bad morals and ethics, they can be good people too.

I agree with this as well. The point I was making is that they have no faith in a higher being just as some Bills fans have no faith in this team.

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I agree with this as well. The point I was making is that they have no faith in a higher being just as some Bills fans have no faith in this team.

are you really comparing your religion to a football team?

Most of us have had faith in this team at one point or another, and we've been rewarded with nothing but constant disappointment. On top of that, what has this team done to inspire faith in them? I'm not religious, but people who have faith in the Christian God do so because they believe he created the world then sent his son to die to forgive our sins. That's a pretty damn good reason to have faith, if you believe it. The Bills beat the Browns and Chiefs and got their asses handed to them by the Jets, 49ers and Pats. It's not exactly the same thing.

Luisito23
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I agree with BD about what he said regarding Jesus Christ as He is also my Lord, and Savior, but regarding everything else I'm just not on board.

I'm sorry but having faith in Christ, and having faith in a sports team should never, under any circumstances draw any kind of comparison.

Bill Cody
10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
It remains to be seen how mediocre the Cards are. They were 4-1 before playing the Bills & have as good a chance as any team in that division of finishing in first place.

My point is Buddy & Chan have made a huge improvement in talent in this team & anyone that does not see that is blind. This team is just a few players away from being VERY GOOD.

And I'm a few dollars short ($980,000 to be precise) of being a millionaire.

The QB is by far the most important player on the team and the hardest to find, we don't have one. How you can talk about being blind about our talent level a week out from losing 45-3 is pretty damn funny.

Bill Cody
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Trust me on this- the week after the Bills win the Super Bowl they'll be a drunken binge that will make every other championship celebration in the history of sports look like amateur hour. And it will be absolutely and completely equal opportunity- it won't matter one bit whether you've had faith in the team, in God or in anything. Op will dance in the aisles with Justa. Dogs and cats will hang out.

Try to get this: everyone has their way of coping with the manure pile that other than the 90's has been this franchise. Try not to give any hint that somehow your "faith" makes you a better fan that somone like Jan Reimers that's been at this for 50 something years and finally had enough. Jan could be religious or not, don't know, don't care. It doesn't make any difference to anyone's fandom.

DraftBoy
10-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Like I said you don't understand that avatar, and this is neither forum nor place to discuss it. If you wish to have that discussion you are free to PM me. And please save the self righteous accusations there is no need for those, we can act like grown ups.

They are always fun to watch, that was the case under Jauron and every other coach who is no longer here. When the Bills become "un-fun" is the day Id stop watching to date that has never occured.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM

I see the avatar as depicting Jesus was a warrior fighting for man kind. Bible thumpers are surely offended by it but they can go fist themselves.

better days
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Like I said you don't understand that avatar, and this is neither forum nor place to discuss it. If you wish to have that discussion you are free to PM me. And please save the self righteous accusations there is no need for those, we can act like grown ups.

They are always fun to watch, that was the case under Jauron and every other coach who is no longer here. When the Bills become "un-fun" is the day Id stop watching to date that has never occured.

Your avatar is on THIS board, therefore this is the place to discuss it & since you brought up my jabbing non-Christians, this is the time to discuss it. If you want to act like a grown up, please don't try to say that your avatar is not offensive to Christians because it damn well is, you know it is because I have already told you so & others have as well told you that it is offensive to Christians & you are disingenuious to say it is not meant to jab Christians.

You may have enjoyed watching the Bills under Jauron, I watched them but thought they were the most BORING football team I ever watched.

Albany,n.y.
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree with BD about what he said regarding Jesus Christ as He is also my Lord, and Savior, but regarding everything else I'm just not on board.

I'm sorry but having faith in Christ, and having faith in a sports team should never, under any circumstances draw any kind of comparison.

That's right. The faith in Christ is pure fantasy, the team has won some games.

Albany,n.y.
10-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Your avatar is on THIS board, therefore this is the place to discuss it & since you brought up my jabbing non-Christians, this is the time to discuss it. If you want to act like a grown up, please don't try to say that your avatar is not offensive to Christians because it damn well is, you know it is because I have already told you so & others have as well told you that it is offensive to Christians & you are disingenuious to say it is not meant to jab Christians.

You may have enjoyed watching the Bills under Jauron, I watched them but thought they were the most BORING football team I ever watched.
What you don't understand, is your holier than thou attitude that only you and those who believe what you do have the answer is very offensive to people who don't share your beliefs. In fact I find your ignorance beyond belief.

DraftBoy
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM

Actually nobody but you has ever told me its an offensive avatar, and this is not the place. Like I said if you really want to have this discussion feel free to PM me and if you find it to be that offensive, you are free to contact an admin or mod on this site and they can determine if the avatar is offensive enough to warrant a change. This will be my last post on the topic since its not on the topic of the Bills.

Albany,n.y.
10-15-2012, 05:23 PM
I see the avatar as depicting Jesus was a warrior fighting for man kind. Bible thumpers are surely offended by it but they can go fist themselves.

I've never heard an atheist tell a Christian that he's going to hell, and Christians should return the favor.

better days
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
What you don't understand, is your holier than thou attitude that only you and those who believe what you do have the answer is very offensive to people who don't share your beliefs. In fact I find your ignorance beyond belief.

Well, I find the avatars & pictures by some athiests on this board VERY offensive as well. I am not ignorant to the fact I offended athiests, I meant to offend them because those avatars & pictures are a constant offense to every Christian on this board.

better days
10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I've never heard an atheist tell a Christian that he's going to hell, and Christians should return the favor.

Well, since atheists don't believe in Hell, how can they tell anyone to go there?

better days
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Actually nobody but you has ever told me its an offensive avatar, and this is not the place. Like I said if you really want to have this discussion feel free to PM me and if you find it to be that offensive, you are free to contact an admin or mod on this site and they can determine if the avatar is offensive enough to warrant a change. This will be my last post on the topic since its not on the topic of the Bills.

Well, like I said, your avatar is on THIS board so yeah, this is the place to discuss it. Reread the thread & you will see others have agreed with me about your avatar, it is not just me. On the other hand, you probably already know that & are just being your usual disingenuous self.

Now lets see if you keep your word & do not post anymore on this subject or will you go back on your word to try to get in the last word?

Mike
10-15-2012, 05:58 PM

Looking at his avatar I could not say whether it was a jab at Christianity or not. There are quite a few Christian organization that want to militarize and who look at the muslim religions way of organization, militarization, and state control with deep envy. I have watched interviews with leading members of these Christian groups who came out and stated all of these things, so Jesus with a Gun, it could be that taken that DraftBoy is a Militant Christian or that he is pointing out that there are militant christians out there, which there are of course.

*All this being said, remember freedom of speech. You are allowed to share your beliefs openly and freely no matter how much other disagree just as much as someone who opposes you and everything you stand for has his/her right to do the same.

better days
10-15-2012, 06:09 PM
*All this being said, remember freedom of speech. You are allowed to share your beliefs openly and freely no matter how much other disagree just as much as someone who opposes you and everything you stand for has his/her right to do the same.

I agree with this & was sharing my beliefs openly & freely when I started this thread. Draftboy then chastized me for jabbing non-Christians in this thread.

Mike
10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
As long as the W-L record is there at the end of the season, nobody cares who the opponents or what the scores were. Pretty moot point right now that NYG were swept by Washington, lost to Seattle, had a four game losing streak, lost 5 of 6 to start the second half of the season, and needed a couple of gift fumbles by San Fran to get to the Super Bowl not to mention yet another miracle catch to help them win.

Not saying the Bills are on the same level as the Giants by any means, but...

You can look at every team's success that way. The Pats won because the Ravens droped a winning TD in the last minutes then went on to miss a game tieing FG...

The Pats went to SB vs Rams and won on a BS call in championship game vs Raiders and earlier in the season benfited from an injury to Bledsoe which ushered in the Brady ear..

The Rams won a SB on similar luck of playing, eventual HOF and former grocery bag boy, Kurt Warner after their starting QB got injured in the preseason.

The Bucs got lucky in playing their coaches former team in the SB and won.

Colts finally won a SB playing against the Bears and QB Grossman, - a poorer more mistake prone version of Romo-...

I know I can go on forever....but I am sure you get the point.

Mike
10-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree with this & was sharing my beliefs openly & freely when I started this thread. Draftboy then chastized me for jabbing non-Christians in this thread.

Thats the thing with Freedom of speech. You are allowed to share your beliefs but so is he even if his belief is that you should not share yours.

Albany,n.y.
10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Well, I find the avatars & pictures by some athiests on this board VERY offensive as well. I am not ignorant to the fact I offended athiests, I meant to offend them because those avatars & pictures are a constant offense to every Christian on this board.
I wasn't referring to just athiests. Any time you pull that holier than thou stuff you are offending all non-Christians. What I really find offensive is that according to your beliefs, my grandfather, who was a devout religious man, is in hell because he didn't believe in YOUR savior. That belief is beyond offensive, it disgusts me.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-16-2012, 10:38 AM

look man, everyone is not part of your group, and therefore is not accountable to your feelings about that religion...

Joe Fo Sho
10-16-2012, 10:43 AM

better days
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I wasn't referring to just athiests. Any time you pull that holier than thou stuff you are offending all non-Christians. What I really find offensive is that according to your beliefs, my grandfather, who was a devout religious man, is in hell because he didn't believe in YOUR savior. That belief is beyond offensive, it disgusts me.

I ALREADY appologized if I offended anyones religion.

Bill Cody
10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Well, since atheists don't believe in Hell, how can they tell anyone to go there?

I don't know, it just rolls off the tongue better than "go to Scranton"

better days
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know, it just rolls off the tongue better than "go to Scranton"

Well, they are both one & the same. JUST KIDDING.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
And I'm a few dollars short ($980,000 to be precise) of being a millionaire.

The QB is by far the most important player on the team and the hardest to find, we don't have one. How you can talk about being blind about our talent level a week out from losing 45-3 is pretty damn funny.

yordad (better days) is an idiot..... and a Fitz Licker to boot.

DynaPaul
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
If the Bills are all about faith then I feel like Job.

LtFinFan66
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
We'll fight side by side here on Earth during Armageddon DraftBoy :up:

better days
10-16-2012, 11:33 PM
yordad (better days) is an idiot..... and a Fitz Licker to boot.

There are a few idiots on this board, but you are the biggest by far & a Trent SUCKER to boot.