X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Fitz is not fixable!

There are reason he was drafted by Martz and would get starting jobs here and there.

But there are reasons he's inevitably viewed as a backup, not a starting materials. I'm not talking about superstars, just capable starters in NFL.

The guys has the smarts. Knows where to go with the ball. I cannot question his decisions (maybe one time throwing into tight coverage). But the guy is simply not accurate. Let me iterate that accuratcy in NFL means consistent accuracy. Fitz may display some accuracy from time to time. He just does not have it consistently.

For the Buffalo Bills that has been so devoid of talent last couple of years, Fitz was a couple of layers below on problem charts. Now it is almost to the forefront that I have to believe is clear as daylight to Nix and Gailey. Even the players saw that, I believe. On the send to last offensive play yesterday, when Fitz missed Jackson on the flank, I saw Mario standing right next to play on the sideline and he opened both hands with a shoulder shrug, like we fan would say in that case - "what the ****?"

I know Gailey said that Fitz had done it before. He might do it again (hopefully in the 2nd half of the season this year), but he's surely going to do what he's doing now again, which he has shown everywhere he has been and that is not good enough to lead us anywhere.

That and a thumper on linebacking corp. I feel the D-Line and LBs are not playing in sync a lot of times, resulting too many deep, too many on one side kind of unbalance that teams exploit on us. Right now, the LB corp cannot shed and cannot tackle, putting too much presure on the D-Line.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fitz is not fixable!

He is no Aaron Rogers that's for sure. And we all know he isn't taking this team to the next level of play, but despite the inconsistent play, he has shown he can sling the ball at times.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I think the vast majority of Bills fans want Fitz replaced. Hopefully the Bills can draft a GOOD QB next year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

His inaccuracy is maddening, especially on short throws that he should make. He has guts and I like him but hes not the answer.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I am sure publicly the players and coaches stand behind Fitz but inside they know he is killing this team and they don't have confidence in him.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I've seen enough.

Comment

Working...
            X