• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Shottenheimer WANTED the Bills job

According to ESPN, Marty Schottenheimer wanted the job but Ralph "wasn't comfortable" with him, so we ended up with Gailey instead.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Contrary to the diplomatic comments he made on his radio show, Marty Schottenheimer actually did want the Buffalo Bills head-coaching job.

Also, the article says that the Bills wanted to interview Brian Schottenheimer, and the Jets granted him permission to interview, but he refused to interview. Any bets that has to do with Ralph dissing his dad?

**** you, Ralph.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Shottenheimer WANTED the Bills job

really doesnt matter at this point the article is 2 years old...also why is shotty not coaching somewhere else???

its like with players other teams cut....there is a reason why they are cut and why they arnt picked up somewhere else

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• nolimit
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Aug 2003

i have no problem with chan as coach...i think he is very good and is a great offensive mind...If this team had a qb our offensive would be deadly

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

I'm not sure Marty would do better.

I believe in Steelers' approach, and Donahoe, despite my bashing him over drafting for the Bills in his 5 years, had that right - he was trying to find the next up-coming HC in NFL, looking into the young coordinators. He just didn't get the right ones.

Comment

• Marcala12
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by nolimit View Post
          i have no problem with chan as coach...i think he is very good and is a great offensive mind...If this team had a qb our offensive would be deadly
          are you joking or are you 10 years old?
          Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

I agree. If we had a real QB, the team would be doing an order of magnitude better!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I agree with nolimit & mystic. When the defense is playing to snuff, this team is just a QB shy of playing lights out.

In regards to Schottenheimer, I think this just proves (once again) how much meddling Ralph actually does. I'm not saying Marty was the answer, but Ralph gets more involved with this team than he should and it has proven disastrous time and time again.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

If you want a microcosm for what's wrong with Gailey as coach, check out the Brad Smith INT. Why the hell would you call a shot to the endzone with a WILDCAT QB at that point in a game? That play alone almost cost us the game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

die ralph die... sadly, nothing will probably change until this ****er bites the big one...

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    If you want a microcosm for what's wrong with Gailey as coach, check out the Brad Smith INT. Why the hell would you call a shot to the endzone with a WILDCAT QB at that point in a game? That play alone almost cost us the game.
                    I highly doubt that playcall was executed as planned. I put that on Brad Smith more than anything. I also think that one of the WRs ran the wrong friggin route and instead of Smith seeing this and taking off to the left, which was wide open by the way, he just chucks it down there and lets the WRs and DBs figure it out.

I've been wanting for us to throw the ball out of the WC all friggn year as I think it will keep the LBs honest, which will allow for more yards from the run, BUT the throws have to be executed correctly for effect.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                      I highly doubt that playcall was executed as planned. I put that on Brad Smith more than anything. I also think that one of the WRs ran the wrong friggin route and instead of Smith seeing this and taking off to the left, which was wide open by the way, he just chucks it down there and lets the WRs and DBs figure it out.

I've been wanting for us to throw the ball out of the WC all friggn year as I think it will keep the LBs honest, which will allow for more yards from the run, BUT the throws have to be executed correctly for effect.
                      I agree we need to throw from the Wildcat to make it more effective. But that was not the time or the place to do it. Why bust out the trick stuff when the running game is working well as it is? This team has been in 4 blowouts so far- the KC game in our favor and the NE, Jets and SF games going against us. Why not take a chance in one of those games when there is far less to lose? It's just mind-bogglingly stupid.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I agree. That was the wrong time to try that play. I have to admit, though, Patrick Peterson ran a really nice route.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

shottenheimer would have gotten us to the playoffs and no further.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            What exactly are these?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              After 12 years of no playoffs, going on 13, I'm ok with that. It would at least be a start.

And, maybe if we had a team capable of making the playoffs, we could attract more talent in terms of players and coaches.

More importantly, it's evidence that we had a quality coach who wanted to come here, and Ralph burned the bridge. Translation: there is some truth to the notion that good coaches don't want to come here, and the reason is Ralph.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X