PDA

View Full Version : David Lee: Quarterbacks Coach

RedEyE
10-15-2012, 08:52 AM
I wanted to talk about Coach Lee for a second.

Does anyone else think this guy has helped Fitz out in anyway? IMO, and it could just be a coincidence, but Fitz seems to be seeing less of the field this year and his mechanics are ***** atrocious.

How has this guy helped Fitz?? IMO, he was better without him. And it's not just his passing, Fitz's running has also gone down significantly.

There used to be a time when the Bills would play 3rd, and 3 (3rd, and 5 etc...) with a spread formation and after sifting the field, Fitz would take off for 10-15 yard jaunt for the 1st down inevitably prolonging the drive. Fitz's running ability use to be a great asset to this offense. I don't see that anymore.

jamze132
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
I just don't think Fotz has what it takes to lead an NFL team. He doesn't have the talent and he doesn't have the leadership ability.

RedEyE
10-15-2012, 09:10 AM
I just noticed Coach Sal touched on this as well this morning...

Despite the horrid turn of events late last season, I just think about what Fitz was able to do last year and how this Coach was going to come in and get Fitz turned to a more positive direction. I'm not taking the QB "natural" ability points out of this (those are obvious), but this coach has done nothing in the way of helping Fitz move forward. I think its even safe to say that his work with Fitzpatrick has been anti-productive.

My point being that Fitzpatrick has gone from "serviceable" to "putrid". The QB coach has to be somewhat responsible for this.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Fitz looks even more lost than a white puppy in a snowstorm.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
I wanted to talk about Coach Lee for a second.

Does anyone else think this guy has helped Fitz out in anyway? IMO, and it could just be a coincidence, but Fitz seems to be seeing less of the field this year and his mechanics are ***** atrocious.

How has this guy helped Fitz?? IMO, he was better without him. And it's not just his passing, Fitz's running has also gone down significantly.

There used to be a time when the Bills would play 3rd, and 3 (3rd, and 5 etc...) with a spread formation and after sifting the field, Fitz would take off for 10-15 yard jaunt for the 1st down inevitably prolonging the drive. Fitz's running ability use to be a great asset to this offense. I don't see that anymore.

I think Fitz is actually making all the right reads. He is almost perfect in his decision making. He is just horribly inaccurate this year. He missed throws yesterday that he doesn't usually miss. Yes he is not known for being accurate but yesterday was a new low.

RedEyE
10-15-2012, 09:23 AM
I think Fitz is actually making all the right reads. He is almost perfect in his decision making. He is just horribly inaccurate this year. He missed throws yesterday that he doesn't usually miss. Yes he is not known for being accurate but yesterday was a new low.

That's what I mean though. He has never been this horribly inaccurate. And St. Johnson was open on almost every play yesterday. I just don't get how his accuracy has dropped so much over this course of one offseason.

cookie G
10-15-2012, 09:30 AM
His accuracy has actually gotten worse since Lee got here.

Whether that's on Lee of Fitz is anyone's guess.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:32 AM
His accuracy has actually gotten worse since Lee got here.

Whether that's on Lee of Fitz is anyone's guess.

Its possible that Fitz is more of a 'freelance' thrower and stringent mechanics don't suit him... He might be better off just winging it like he was before.

The King
10-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Fitz has had a ton of balls batted as well. And that ball thrown to Fred in the flat is a throw a high school football QB can make.